• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=PH8008]After the combat, I'd like to finally convert Dang't into a Storm Sorcerer (it wasn't approved when we started the combat September). This is his one overhaul. Just want to make sure you'll be okay with that.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC Stonegod: Go ahead with your conversion, the fight is over.

The final pseudodragon falls to the floor of the hallway dead. You don't hear any other sounds currently. It seems that your battle may have escaped notice as of yet.

OOC: Short rest time. As of now, I'm switching the combats to use 'Malenkirk Rules'. This will simplify things for me and hopefully for all of you as well. Not to mention making combats run a little faster I hope. Following is a summary of the rules:
[sblock=Malenkirk Rules]Named after their inventor Mal Malenkirk

In a nutshell:

* Players roll initiative individually, DM rolls one initiative for ALL bad guys.

* Players with higher init than bad guys go before bad guys on first round

* Then the DM posts with bad guy actions and updated map/status..

* All PC's can then go once in whatever order the players post in (even if they were the last ones to go before the bad guys went).

* All bad guys go, all PC's go, etc, etc.

* Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round.

* Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting.

* Players who use a power that gives someone else an attack have to roll for that attack/damage themselves.

* Players who use a power to shift/slide/or otherwise move another PC decide where they are moved to and include that with the post when using the power.

*Players who provoke an Opportunity Attack roll it themselves on their turn when they post the action.

* Players who post later in the round have to keep track of what their buddies have done before them, so they can take advantage of bonuses granted to them or avoid hitting on an enemy that had been killed by a previous attack. You need to read what the guys just before you have done.

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid with Battleship style coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use. Having all the enemy stats will allow you to add in appropriate fluff or bonuses. For example, if you know you are killing an enemy because it has 5 hps left and you hit it for 10, then you get to describe the killing blow or activate a power when a foe drops to 0 hp!

Time's Up!: I will give players 2-3 days to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

(this is rule created by Velmont, strict adherence to which ensures a good game pace)

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Any questions on these new combat rules, please ask and I'll be happy to answer. I hope you all like this change as much as I think we will. :)[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav takes a moment and gathers himself as Quagmire encourages the group.

[sblock=OOC]Did we ge another AP after this fight?

Interested in seeing how the Malenkirk rules go a as player. I've been judging one of his games, but it's different on this side of the table. :) I'm thinking it can only help a rogue, though, since it makes things a bit more flexible in terms of movement/flanking.

Any suggestions on what to do now that we don't have a defender? I have my 1/encounter Student of the Sword mark, and have generally high HP and defenses due to my level and equipment, I suppose.

Erekose, I'm thinking Mutt's Misdirected Mark will become more important. If you hit someone tied up by the melee'ers, and have them marked by one of the non melee'ers, that's not a bad debuff to help out the front-liners.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]Use a healing surge with Quag's Inspiring Word.

Hrav using Quag's IW (11+1d6+4=21)

Now at 41/41 HP with 6/8 surges remaining.

Heh, that's right, Mutt has his Song of Rest, which heals 5 per surge. Forgot about that. I think that might stack with Quag's IW, for those down a lot of HP.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

stonegod

OOC: Yeah, I was in one of Mal's original run of those rules. Does make things somewhat smoother, though confusion can still kick in.

stonegod

As the last dragonthing falls, Dang't claps again loudly. But this time, his excitement is too much, and with a brilliant FLASH, lightning sputters all around him. After a moment, a singed gob emerges, coughing and weakly saying, Dang't alright! *cough, cough*

OOC: Just a lightshow representing his overhaul to what he was intended to be all along (just made him wild magic until AP was approved). He'll spend 1 HS.[sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 1
Initiative: +4, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 14, Fort: 12, Reflex: 15, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt
Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics

Full character sheet[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire spends the first few minutes after the fight checking over Alex. When the human won't be wakened, he helps carry him back to Azrael's ship, face grim.

"Well, that were exhilaratin', but we may not have much advantage of surprise left. Once we catch our breath, best be movin' on, aye?"

[sblock=ooc]Q is down 25 hit points, so he can't get to full with one surge even if Song of Rest stacks with inspiring word. And two surges with SoR gets him to full, so he'll do that, and have an IW left for someone else if needed.

As for what to do now without a defender... Meh. Recruit one? Be slightly awkward, here on the island. If we run without a defender, Q will have to spend most of his time flanking with Hrav, and leave the mobile healing duties for Beryk. (Is it Beryk or Beyrk? I can't seem to get that straight.) Focusing our fire will be more important; we've been bad at that.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 3
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/9
Initiative +5, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Commander's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Vanguard Longsword
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]As for recruiting a new defender, if a majority of the 5 of you are in favor of doing this then I can see who's available in the Hanged Man and find a way to make it happen story wise.

You do gain 1 Action Point each for having reached the milestone of 2 encounters so far. On the bodies, you find robes x2, dagger x2 (from the gnomes), Longsword x3, Heavy Shield x3, and Plate Armor x3 (on the warforged). Nothing stands out as particularly valuable or magical. (Don't worry, this adventure won't be like the last one where all the goodies are saved up till the end! I promise! :angel:) The treasure must flow! (and it will, starting very soon!)[/sblock]

[sblock=XP time!]Since I'm excising Alex from the adventure due to lack of a player, I'll go ahead and do XP now I suppose. I'm only counting time XP for Alex up to when he disappeared after 17 August. So, we have the following then:

* Elves at the docks = 735 XP x1 = 735 divided by 6 PC's = 122 XP (rounded down from 122.5)

* Warforged/Gnomes/Pseudodragon guards = 1,125 XP x2 = 2,250 divided by 6 PC's = 375 XP

* Time XP/GP for Alex (from 7/6/09 to 8/17/09 = 1 1/3 month) = 166 XP / 169 GP

*Time XP/GP for rest of party (for July, August, September, October = 4 months)
---Hrav lvl 4 = 145xp/175gp x4 months = 580xp/700gp
---Girth and Quagmire lvl 3 = 125 xp/127gp x4 months = 500 xp/508 gp
---Dang't and Beyrk lvl 1 = 83 xp/63 gp x4 months = 332 xp/ 252 gp

*Bonus XP for excellent roleplaying! (Like using up a healing power in character that you know isn't going to help anything due to metagame issues!) I'll even give it to Alex since Ata did play him very well until he disappeared. = 200 XP each

Totals
Alex = 863 XP / 169 GP
Dang't / Beyrk = 1,029 XP / 252 GP
Girth / Quagmire = 1,197 XP / 508 GP
Hrav = 1,277 XP / 700 GP

For the time GP, I count that story wise as Azrael's payments to each of you for profits from the voyage. So while you can mark it on your sheet as having it now, you aren't really paid it IC till you plunder whatever and he sells it to his contacts then pays you. Not like you have a shop here to spend it at anyway. :devil:

Looks like Dang't, Beyrk, Girth, and Quagmire can level up immediately. That might impact your votes on whether or not to recruit another defender. That'll make the party three level 4's and two level 2's.

Just awaiting Ozy's judge approval of these awards.[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOC]As for recruiting a new defender, if a majority of the 5 of you are in favor of doing this then I can see who's available in the Hanged Man and find a way to make it happen story wise.

You do gain 1 Action Point each for having reached the milestone of 2 encounters so far. On the bodies, you find robes x2, dagger x2 (from the gnomes), Longsword x3, Heavy Shield x3, and Plate Armor x3 (on the warforged). Nothing stands out as particularly valuable or magical. (Don't worry, this adventure won't be like the last one where all the goodies are saved up till the end! I promise! :angel:) The treasure must flow! (and it will, starting very soon!)[/sblock]

[sblock=XP time!]Since I'm excising Alex from the adventure due to lack of a player, I'll go ahead and do XP now I suppose. I'm only counting time XP for Alex up to when he disappeared after 17 August. So, we have the following then:

* Elves at the docks = 735 XP x1 = 735 divided by 6 PC's = 122 XP (rounded down from 122.5)

* Warforged/Gnomes/Pseudodragon guards = 1,125 XP x2 = 2,250 divided by 6 PC's = 375 XP

* Time XP/GP for Alex (from 7/6/09 to 8/17/09 = 1 1/3 month) = 166 XP / 169 GP

*Time XP/GP for rest of party (for July, August, September, October = 4 months)
---Hrav lvl 4 = 145xp/175gp x4 months = 580xp/700gp
---Girth and Quagmire lvl 3 = 125 xp/127gp x4 months = 500 xp/508 gp
---Dang't and Beyrk lvl 1 = 83 xp/63 gp x4 months = 332 xp/ 252 gp

*Bonus XP for excellent roleplaying! (Like using up a healing power in character that you know isn't going to help anything due to metagame issues!) I'll even give it to Alex since Ata did play him very well until he disappeared. = 200 XP each

Totals
Alex = 863 XP / 169 GP
Dang't / Beyrk = 1,029 XP / 252 GP
Girth / Quagmire = 1,197 XP / 508 GP
Hrav = 1,277 XP / 700 GP

For the time GP, I count that story wise as Azrael's payments to each of you for profits from the voyage. So while you can mark it on your sheet as having it now, you aren't really paid it IC till you plunder whatever and he sells it to his contacts then pays you. Not like you have a shop here to spend it at anyway. :devil:

Looks like Dang't, Beyrk, Girth, and Quagmire can level up immediately. That might impact your votes on whether or not to recruit another defender. That'll make the party three level 4's and two level 2's.

Just awaiting Ozy's judge approval of these awards.[/sblock]

I Approve

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]Yay! Luckily, I started my overhaul before this XP, eh? :) Not sure how to handle this w/ the judges (wait for the overhaul to fully approved and then level 2 seems best).[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads