Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=tactix]Option 1: Get to the archers as fast as possible. Alex uses Tide of Iron to get S1 out of the way. Say, Z13. Quagmire, Hrav, and Beryk all charge A1, eating OAs, and the ranged strikers focus on him too. Goal is to drop one of the archers before he can hit us again.

Option 2: Kill S2 so we can get up there safely. Alex and Quagmire delay. Hrav goes and stabs S2. Quagmire goes adjacent and uses commander's strike to give Hrav another attack. Hopefully this kills S2, and Alex can charge A2 and mark him. (variant: Quagmire goes up the stairs first and uses Warlord's favor on S2 to give a damage bonus, and Hrav and Beryk use ranged weapons to try to clear the way for Alex's charge.)

Option 2 provokes fewer OAs, but seems less certain of shutting down an archer this turn. Still, I think I'm leaning that way... Thoughts? Other options?
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=tactics]why not trying to climb the wall? Beryk Quag and Hrav could reach the archers easily if they can. How much movement is necessary for that?
Alternatively, Alex could spend an AP to try and knock out S1 together with Girth. You guys delay, and if we're lucky, the scout goes down and you don't risk OAs to pass. It's harder to pull off this way, of course. What you say?[/sblock]
[sblock=phoenix]what's the DC to climb up the wall?[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=tactics]I have an encounter power that allows me to rearrange the entire battlefield (well a 3x3 spot on it) but I have to get close. It allows us to move things around drastically in our favor. Of course I'm amenable to just charging in and beating some heads in too!

Encounter Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action Close blast 3
Target: Each enemy in blast
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target 4 squares.
Effect: You slide each ally in the blast 4 squares.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=tactics]that'd be perfect. I suggest you guys go on with this tactic on your side, while Alexander and the ranged strikers take care of S1 and the other archer.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Climbing the wall]The wall from the dock up to where the archers are (AB, AC, and AD 12 up to AB, AC, and AD 13 is 15 feet tall. To climb it is DC 15. The crates in AB/12 and AC/12 can be climbed (DC 5) to make the distance climbed on the wall only 10 feet. Trying to climb up at AB/12 could attract an OA from the Scout if he's at AA/12 still since you would be moving through its adjacent square on your way up. Remember that climbing is at half speed.

For the walls off of the dock, the DC is still 15, but the distance up is 20 feet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hope this works... Here ya go Harv!" says Beyrk as he brings his horn to his lips. With a huge thunderous blast the scout is forced back as Harv gets a surge of movement forward. Beyrk follows up too charging the exposed archer.

ooc: IC is down so I can't roll this. So crossing fingers!

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Start: n/a
Standard: Shout of Triumph vs. AD10:AF12. atk S2 +5 vs. Fort. If hit, 1d6+5 dmg and S2 is pushed to AF15 and Harv can shift 4 (was thinking AD13)
Move: move to AE14 so that Harv can move between archers and flank. This will trigger an OA.
Minor: n/a
Action Point: Warsong Strike vs. A2 +8 vs. AC. If hit = 1d8+5 dmg & allies gain 4 temp hit points for hitting it.
End: n/a
[sblock=stat block]Beryk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 12, Will: 16 - Speed: 5
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word
Words of Friendship 2
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=another question]can Alexander attack S1 from AB11?
Is an Athletics check necessary to go from AB11 to AA11 or AA12?
Ok, those were two questions...[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=At Ata]You could attack S1 from AB/11.
You can go from AB/11 to AA/11 with a DC 5 Athletics check, but you provoke an OA from S1.
You can't climb up from AB/11 to AA/12. You would have to go up from AB/12 to AA/12.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander jumps on the barrels next to him, and deals a powerful blow to the scout from below, trying to push him off the platform and free the way on the stairs to the archer.

[sblock=actions]IC is still down, so I'll entrust this all-important roll to you, Phoenix ;)
Alexander moves to AB11; standard: tide of iron on S1: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6 dmg and push to Z12(and mark him); AP: charge A1 moving from AA11 to AA13: +11 vs AC, 1d12+6 dmg(and mark him). Athletics check is at +9, so it's an automatic success I guess.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 3
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:14 Passive Insight:13
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:22/47+4t Bloodied:23 Surges value:11 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6
Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6
Powers: Cleave, Brash strike, Tide of iron, Pass forward
Covering Attack, Sweeping blow
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Remove ads