[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 6)

"Indeed."
Nate speaks up from the background. "We have to close the portal to avoid an invasion from an outside force to this realm. Let's hope we will succeed..."

[sblock=OOC]
all his dailies are summonings. I assume they work naormally in this adventure, right? If not, I would have to level up to 7 after all to compensate for my lack of daily powers...

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: -

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

From beneath the hood of his cloak, the group of adventurers, Niks, and his inept apprentice can hear a low bubbling laughter that quickly escalates to a high-pitched cackle.

"Ahahaha! That...oh, that....is truly ironic. My first adventure and I'm venturing into a demonic plane. We'll let's do it! I'll show those minor league-ers how it's really done!" It is unclear as to who, exactly, Malakai is refering to as "minor league-ers", but he sounds awfully excited.

Standing up quickly, a fire burning in his deep-set eyes, Malakai reaches for a dagger on his belt and unsheathes it. The bladed edge glows a molten red, as does the shard of crystal embedded in the pommel of the dagger's hilt, protruding like a bloody fang.

And here I thought I would have to hold back! I come for you brothers, and even your elements-hardened bodies won't protect you from my hell fires!

OOC: [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] : All done with the level up, boss! You can see Malakai's new stats below, and his name links to his page.

[sblock=Malakai's Stats] Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 4
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 20
HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition,
Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) 2/2, Hellfire Heart, Shield of Flames
Daily Powers: Diabolic Transformation, Black Wrath of Hell
Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter) [/sblock]

treex

First Post
Standing up quickly, a fire burning in his deep-set eyes, Malakai reaches for a dagger on his belt and unsheathes it. The bladed edge glows a molten red, as does the shard of crystal embedded in the pommel of the dagger's hilt, protruding like a bloody fang.

And here I thought I would have to hold back! I come for you brothers, and even your elements-hardened bodies won't protect you from my hell fires!

"Hmm, I'd like to have a quick word with you, if you would be so kind." Niks ushers the Tiefling closer, then leans in to whisper something.
[sblock=Malakai]"I'd hate to remind you as you seem...inclined towards the art of fire, but I did say that my apprentice has fire-proofed the thing. I could feel the enchantments inside, a constant tingling sensation. I didn't dare cast any fire-magic, but once when I did it on instinct...it was supposed to be a stream of fire, but instead I found that I was spewing ice and sleet! Keep this in mind, tiefling."[/sblock]

"Ahem!" he cleared his throat. "If there aren't anymore questions, I'll have to leave now. We'll have one more quick discussion about how to close the rift before I have you enter. I suggest you prepare yourselves as well as you can, I'll see you later. Come, Knax!"

[sblock=OOC]This would be the time for everyone to make any last minute purchases, retraining, etc.

All spells and magic work as they should except for fire-magic. Malakai had no effect on this decision, it was decided long before the adventure started:
[sblock=Blue Fire]Any power that has the fire keyword deals cold damage instead. It is still treated as though it has the fire keyword for the purposes of feats and other powers.[/sblock]
In-character, it means that the magic within the bag is working and preventing itself from catching on fire. (I was worried someone would burn it from the inside out) For fluff, your fire spells are now blue fires, icicles, sleet, etc.
Mechanics-wise, attack rolls and damage rolls would be the same, feats that apply to the fire keyword work as normal.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=approvals]I've tried to give approvals where needed.

Dina still needs 1 approval. (Need not be a SR)
Malakai still needs 1 approval. (Need not be a SR)
Lerrick's sheet appears to be half-done, so I can't work on approval until the sheet is finished.[/sblock]

[sblock=treex]I've updated my treasure wishlist.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
While standing up, Artemis listens to the conversation meant for Malakai's ears.

Talking to himself, he mutters, "If Gil has taught me anything, it is to be prepared."

Artemis makes a stop at the Apothecary before reaching the shop.

OOC: Artemis buys a two potions of fire resistance and two potions of cold resistance before the adventure. I'll make the changes on the character sheet.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina follows Niks to his shop. When they get there, Dina takes a quick moment of his time to purchase a few ritual components.

OOC: Dina purchases 60 gp worth of rare herbs, 60 gp worth of alchemical reagents, and 40 gp worth of mystic salves, spending 160 gp total. Dina now has 6 gp remaining.

Once Niks has had time to prepare, Dina conjures forth a construct that helps her examine the bag.

[sblock=Studying]When the bag is available for study, Dina uses Animate Helper to get a +4 bonus to her next Arcana check.

Arcana (1d20+16+4=40)[/sblock]

An expression of absolute understanding crosses Dina's face.

"Hmm, I'd like to have a quick word with you, if you would be so kind." Niks ushers the Tiefling closer, then leans in to whisper something.
[sblock=Malakai]"I'd hate to remind you as you seem...inclined towards the art of fire, but I did say that my apprentice has fire-proofed the thing. I could feel the enchantments inside, a constant tingling sensation. I didn't dare cast any fire-magic, but once when I did it on instinct...it was supposed to be a stream of fire, but instead I found that I was spewing ice and sleet! Keep this in mind, tiefling."[/sblock]

"Ahem!" he cleared his throat. "If there aren't anymore questions, I'll have to leave now. We'll have one more quick discussion about how to close the rift before I have you enter. I suggest you prepare yourselves as well as you can, I'll see you later. Come, Knax!"

[sblock=OOC]This would be the time for everyone to make any last minute purchases, retraining, etc.

All spells and magic work as they should except for fire-magic. Malakai had no effect on this decision, it was decided long before the adventure started:
[sblock=Blue Fire]Any power that has the fire keyword deals cold damage instead. It is still treated as though it has the fire keyword for the purposes of feats and other powers.[/sblock]
In-character, it means that the magic within the bag is working and preventing itself from catching on fire. (I was worried someone would burn it from the inside out) For fluff, your fire spells are now blue fires, icicles, sleet, etc.
Mechanics-wise, attack rolls and damage rolls would be the same, feats that apply to the fire keyword work as normal.[/sblock]

Malakai is a little taken aback at how the merchant tinkerer was able to read his thoughts, so he would be very careful from now on as to what he thought around the man. No need giving him information about himself that he didn't already have.

What if he already knows about that? Should I be worried about the authorities? Wait... what if he's listening in now!? AHHHH!!! Kittens...and babies...I love kittens and babies....and fire.... no wait! Yes... no, but.... AHHH!!!!

The robed tiefling flails about for a moment awkwardly, his hands against the side of his head.

"Let's hurry up and get this over with...and stay out of my head!"

[sblock=treex] LOL... typically, italic text that is not in quotes, that is in the characters "speaking color" is considered to be thoughts, but sorry if I wasn't explicit about this. In any case, it allowed me to have a bit of fun with it! If you roll with it, awesome. If not, then Malikai just looks crazy...and that's okay too! :p

Oh, and on a side note... with all of Malakai's fire turning to ice... will that effect creature resistances? AKA, if the creature has fire resistance, with they resist the now-ice attack, or is the ice/blue-flame completely fluff?[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=Dina]Dina studies the bag very thoroughly and finds out nothing new that Niks hasn't already told the group. However, your construct accidentally undoes the seal that Niks placed. The bag's opening grew and a great blue light spilled forth. In that brief moment, Dina managed to peer in and she saw something quite foreboding: dozens upon dozens of a snarling creature, presumably a demon. It has four stubby legs and a split right down the middle, which forms a huge toothy mouth.

One of them manages to fight past the rest and pushed it's way out, snapping wildly. Dina managed to strike it down before it dealt any harm and Niks sealed it before any others streamed out. Thankfully, it appears that these monsters do not coordinate amongst each other. Oh, and Niks reprimands you very sternly.
[sblock=OOC]I suppose that would be the best that I can do for rolling a 40 on your Arcana check.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=CFW]Well, there is the glowing red dagger and the fire in your eyes.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fire Resistance]Fire Resistance is basically thrown out the window since they never actually recieve fire damage, they'll be taking cold damage. But take note that some monsters (most of them actually) are homebrewed and may have resistances changed.[/sblock]

When anyone enters Nicholas' Emporium of Magical Doo-Hickeys, you see a corpse of a demon laying on the floor. Niks is meddling with the bag again with a rather cross expression while Knax seems to be running around gathering various magical equipment.

The demon corpse has four stubby legs and a split down the middle, which forms a great toothy mouth. It has a huge gash across and several holes in it. A black liquid is pooling around the dead body, which thankfully is not emitting any strong odors.

Last edited:

Remove ads