[Adventure] Scratching the Surface (Judge: Stonegod)

pacdidj

First Post
"Ha, yes indeed Tavishny! Be careful in there. Wouldn't want your fleshy bits to become barbecue!," Crush calls out to Ryk. His jovial tone betraying just a hint of false bravado.

OOC: Just a quick note to say I'm back from vacation, and I'll be able to run Crush's next turn. Looks like I missed one last round :(. Hopefully it won't set us back too far for healing.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Just a quick note to say I'm back from vacation, and I'll be able to run Crush's next turn. Looks like I missed one last round :(. Hopefully it won't set us back too far for healing.
OOC: You posted a turn for Crush before you went on vacation. It was before your turn came up, but the results still counted. Your turn will be coming soon. Just need Varis' turn and then a few enemies get to go.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 6

Varis steps closer, starting to sing a short ballad about a group struggling to help survivors while being attacked. The refrain hits the nearby enemies like thunder!

[sblock=OOC (includes wishlist)]

Wishlist:
Level 2 Eberron dragonshard of lightning
upgrades to +2 for current sword and armor.

sorry, bad connection, so I had some trouble using the map and status page. Please re-check!

move: shift left
minor: Song of Conquest
Until the end of your next turn, any ally within 5 squares of you who hits an enemy gains 6 temporary hit points.
free: change damage to back to regular
standard: Shout of Triumph

Could I leave the decision to use the slide of the power to the other players? No push.

Immediate action: when any ally within 5 squares of you reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, you can grant 4 temporary hit points to that ally as a free action.

Map
ditzie

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 20 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 20 Will 21
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 42 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Song of Conquest, Majestic Word 0/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition: marked by water genasi ?

[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Tempests

The slightly injured tempest moves into position flanking Karananak.

"Flee my brother, I shall cover you!"

Using his power over water, the tempest brings his blade to bear against the Wilden, but it passes harmlessly through his shifting form. The other tempest carefully moves away from most of the heroes, then tries to run for it, but Karananak cuts off his escape and takes him down with furious feasting.

Tempest 2 is defeated.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Summary

Score one for the heroes!

[sblock=Tempest 1]Move; Standard: Rush of the River (miss)[/sblock]
[sblock=Tempest 2]Move: Shift Standard: Run (Karananak OA) - DEAD[/sblock]
[sblock=Acid Genasi]Move; Standard: Water Bolt (miss)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Red Squares: Fire. If you enter a square of fire or begin your turn there, you take 5 fire damage.

Campfires: If you enter a square of fire or begin your turn there, you take 5 fire damage.

Green Circle: Acid vortex. If you enter a square of acid or begin your turn there, you take 5 acid damage and must make an Acrobatics check (DC 16) or fall prone.

Bushes: Difficult terrain. Provides concealment to those within.

Tress: 20 feet tall, trunks provide cover. If you are 10 feet or higher, foliage provides concealment to those within.

Dense Jungle: Costs 4 squares to enter. Provides Cover and Concealment (Total Concealment if 2 or more squares of intervening jungle). Concealment works both ways.

Rocks: Cover from attacks on ground, but not from attack above.

Tents: Wooden stilt houses. Flap in tent is entrance, 10 feet up. Ladders allow access with an Athletics check DC 11. Huts completely on fire have ladders that are also on fire. (5 damage per square and Athletics check becomes DC 16).[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]Map
1. Click the hyperlink of the last posted map.
2. Move your token.
3. Hit the Enter key.
4. The URL in the address bar will change, this is the link to the updated map. Copy and paste it into your post. (Please do not forget this).[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]Status[/sblock]

[sblock=Intitative]Tempest (29.10)
Acid Genasi (23.07)

Riaan (22.03)
Crush (19.03)
Serek (19.02)
Karananak (19.02)

Water Genasi (18.09)
Fire Genasi (14.05)

Varis (14.03)
Ryk (12.08)

Up next: Riaan, Crush, Serek, Karananak[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
any luck getting the orc in the burning hut to move?

The hut was not completely on fire (I just didn't have a good way to differentiate that from the initial huts that were completely engulfed, so Ryk only took 5 fire damage, not 10).

THIS MAP uses red circles to denote huts completely engulfed.

Since you're right up there to help shield him from the flames, it's an easy (DC 11) diplomacy check to coax him to move with that minor action.

[sblock=Getting an orc out of danger]
Format: Skill - Action - DC

Diplomacy/Intimidate - Minor - 11 (in hut) or 16 (next to hut)
Athletics - Move - 23 (grab orc and move with him)
Athletics - Standard - 16 (grapple orc, separate action to move)
Endurance - Minor - 16 (shield orc from flames, 5 fire damage, separate action to move)

Heal - Standard - 16 (Treat an orc that has been burned to keep them alive)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Riaan finally seems to get the hang of things and his blade stabs outward into the enemy's chest in front of him. With a sneer, the swordsman pulls the corpse towards him as he kicks the body to the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
No change to map
Minor: sustain Charm of Hearts - +2 defenses TENT (sustain Minor) - included in my mini-stats below
Move: Curse water genasi
Standard: Eldritch Strike on Water elemental - vs ac; dmg (1d20+13=31, 1d8+6+1d6=10) hits AC 31 for 10. That kills it. Yay! I hit!!!!

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Riaan Caldamus
Male Human Warlock|Swordmage 7
Initiative: 3, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Normal
AC:25, Fort:22, Reflex:21, Will:21
HP:40/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges left:9/13
Action Points: 1
Powers: Eldritch Strike
Eyes of the Vestige
Sword Burst

Chains of Levistus
Dimensional Vortex