• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

PierceSG

First Post
"Hey, let the big minotaur ram the door. He's mighty strong and should only take a moment before the door goes down!", shouted Ashurn at the top of his voice, hoping to attract enough kobolds to the door.

Dekana

Explorer
The kobold on the other side of the door shouts something in Draconic back down the tunnel. His words are indecipherable, but he sounds nervous at least. Before any response comes, Nicodemus's spectral snake reappears and bites into the fuse, which immediately ignites. It only takes a few moments for the fire to reach the explosives.

From behind their cover, the adventurers hear a deafening boom that echoes several times against the cave's walls. Shards of jagged rock are blasted into the western wall with lethal force, and a column of misty white smoke pours into the group's hiding positions. The effects of the explosion can't be immediately seen due a combination of the smoke and the darkness of the cave, but when the light is moved closer to the door, the adventurer's will find that the rock door has been blown into the tunnel at least 10 feet and shattered into many pieces. The kobold guard lies crumpled into a ball, unmoving, with many shards of rock jutting out from all over his body.

Several alarmed voices echo down the tunnel in Draconic.

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: I've no idea really, think there will still be room for diplomancy after we blew up the door and killed one kobold? :p If so, who is the silvered tongued person in our party? Or else, intimidation works in a pinch too. At worse case, we'll have to duke it out.

FlervaFlerv

First Post
OOC:
I'd say approach the doorway in a cautious manner as the dust is settling. I am not silver tongued, nor intimidating. I would say we could attempt diplomacy in that we have certainly gotten their attention, but be ready if things turn violent quickly.

"That should have gotten their attention to listen, but better to be ready in case communication fail."
With that, Flervin begins cautiously approaching the doorway and shifts back in to his Owlbear form once again. He looks slightly tense, as if awaiting an ambush to come from the settling dust and debris.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Shapeshift in to Owlbear Form
Movement: Cautiously approach the doorway
Standard: None.
Free: Portray thoughts on situation.

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn hide behind a corner, taking a low profile with his dagger in hand. In preparation for a fight if the diplomatic path is closed to them.

[sblock=Stealth]18[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Squash those Bugs!
Nicodemus, Human
Warlock 1 (Partial Concealment UENT)
30/30 HP (4THP)

Nicodemus rises from his place of cover and strides forward to the now open hallway. He casts an unconcerned glance back toward the group with a wiley smirk. "I think it's high time we had a little chat with a king about some gold...don't you?" Raw arcane energy crawls over the warlock's gloved hand like a living thing, and as he opens it upward a bat shape flaps from his palm a few beats before vanishing.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak, Knowledge Arcana 14
Minor: ...
Move: to southwest corner for cover
Standard: Hellish Rebuke vs explosives Ref 25 for 10 fire
Action Point: -
[/sblock][sblock=Nicodemus]Nicodemus—Male Human Warlock 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 17, Will: 13 — Speed: 6
HP: 30/30 (4THP), Bloodied: 15, Surge: 6, Surges left: 10/10;
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Eldrich Blast
Dire Radiance
Hellish Rebuke
Warlock's Curse
Dark One's Blessing

Arms of Hadar
Vanish

Flames of Phlegethos

[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Shadow Walk is always active. Nicodemus still needs 1 approval.

Damage Summary: (Total damage if all attacks hit)
Explosives 10 Fire[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Labraundos rumbles, "Defensible as this area appears, I'm not sure I want to sit here and wait for what turns up. I want to take this boss by the scruff of the neck, one way or another."

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Never mind the poking around," Lenyara snarled as she jogged through the blasted spot where the door used to be. "We need to get back to that bridge before they cut us off. Let's move!" Weapons ready in hand, she moved down the hall at a quick trot.

OOC: Aspect is Soaring Hawk; double move down the hall at speed 8 (or until she runs into trouble)

Remove ads