Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Dekana

Explorer
Eva raises an eyebrow questioningly when the Lord hands her an enchanted oak staff. "This isn't the same one that was stolen, is it? Not that I mind, really...

On the way back to Daunton, the elf says with a pouty tone. "No one back home will hear about this. This little adventure didn't make me famous at all. How many people do you have to kill before that happens?" And then, a little later during the trip: "Hey, what about the note, Vyrna? Does it say who hired those orcs?"

OOC: Eva "buys" an accurate defensive staff +1 with her gold.

Someone

Adventurer
GM: You can consider the adventure finished, and may start posting in the Tavern thread. As for what you're going to do with that message, it's up to you. If you're going to do some investigation outside the tavern, you may continue using this thread

Dekana

Explorer
Eva is a little disappointed that the adventuring group seems to be breaking up so soon. Aren't they curious about the cipher? Who knows what kind of nefarious things this Feather is plotting!

"Hmmm..." Eva puts one finger to her chin, deep in thought. "Someone must know who this 'Feather' is. I'll just have to ask around..."

Eva hasn't been to the city much, but she finds that people are surprisingly nice. The men at the docks whistle musically at her whenever she passes, and the tavern drunks are all too eager to help her with her problem.

[sblock=Streetwise 21]1d20+2=21.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: We'll move eventually to a new thread, but for now we'll continue using this one

Eva doesn't exactly find any clue as what the message means, instead look slike someone found her. After spending a few hours looking for information a man approaches Eva and greets her with a brief bow.

"I'm Daav, merchant and explorer. I understand you're inquiring for some Feather, that could be connected to orcs, yes?"

This Daav man do certainly has the look of a successful sailor. He's dressed in comfortable but rich silk, and he's quite tanned.

Dekana

Explorer
"Right, yes! I'm Eva, Mr. Daav." She nods politely. "I was hired to stop a clan of orcs from pillaging and banditing and such, and I found evidence implicating Mr. Feather in their activities," she explains without bothering to conceal anything. "I thought he might want to discuss that with me."

Eva sighs. "But it's been such a chore finding him."

Someone

Adventurer
"So, you've dealt with orcs, hm?" says Daav. "Maybe we could talk in a more quiet place? This street isn't very inviting. Do you know any tavern?"

Dekana

Explorer
"There's a lovely one called the Hanged Man. Very quiet. Here, let's go." Eva beckons for Daav to follow and then dashes off ahead.

Remove ads