• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

Neil1889

First Post
Labraundos takes a big swing at kobold, which staggers it reeling for some twenty feet. Taking advantage of the Slyblade's unsteadiness, he siezes his advatange to both pursue it and also starts to manoeuvre around it.

[sblock=actions]Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Kobold Slyblade 2.

Divine Challenge (At-Will Minor Close Burst 5 ✦ Divine, Radiant)
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target or if you fail to engage the target (meaning either you attack the target or end your turn adjacent to the target; if none of these events occur by the end of your current turn, the marked condition ends and you can’t use Divine Challenge on your next turn). A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. While a target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. Also, the target takes 3 radiant damage the first time each round that it makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target before the start of your next turn.
Special: Even though this ability is called a challenge, it doesn’t rely on the intelligence or language ability of the target. It is a magical compulsion that affects the creature’s behaviour, regardless of the creature’s nature. You can’t place a Divine Challenge on a creature that is already affected by you or another character’s Divine Challenge.

Standard Action: Divine Pursuit on Kobold Slyblade 2 - Total to Hit = 24, Damage = 12.

Kobold Slyblade 2 is pushed to U8, Labraundos follows to T7.

Divine Pursuit (Encounter Standard Melee Weapon ✦ Divine, Weapon)
Target: One creature
Attack: +6 vs. Fortitude (Greataxe).
Hit: 2d12+4 damage and you push the target 4 squares. You then shift to the nearest square adjacent to the target.

Move Action: Shift from T7 to U7.

(Flervin may well zap it with his Storm Spike in the Kobold's turn.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-stats]
Labraundos

Male Minotaur Paladin, Level 1.
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14. Senses: None.
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15.
HP: 18/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 8/13
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Allarian, Hzakan.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Goring Charge
Second Wind [Used]
Vicious Backswing [Used]
Virtue’s Touch [Used 1 out of 4 uses]
Divine Challenge
Ardent Strike
Valiant Strike
Divine Strength
Divine Mettle
Divine Pursuit [Used]
Blood of the Mighty
Verve Armour +1 (Plate) - Daily Power

Conditions: None.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara pounced forward, chasing after the slyblade like a cat after a mouse. The kobold had one heartbeat to realize what was happening, and might have had just enough time to widen her eyes in fear (or not)- but then it was over.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Charge to T 8; Net MBA at slyblade (includes Charge and Dancing Serpent)= 1d20+13 vs. AC= 27, hit for 10 base +8 vanguard= 18 damage and slyblade is slowed; rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4040886/
>Free: Dual-weapon attack at slyblade, 1d20+13= 25, hit for 9 more and slyblade is prone (also dead or dying); rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4040889/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Two of them got away," Lenyara growled. "Don't think there is time to rest." If she noticed that some of the blood splashed across her armor was her own, she did not seem to care.

OOC: I would actually love a short rest here, but I'm worried what will build up while we wait. Anyone else have thoughts?

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I would love a short rest so I can burn some surges. 6 hitpoints isn't really safe for me to say.
GM: 4 hp actually, since Ashurn took 2 from the slyblade's final attack. :)

If you do take a short rest, don't forget about the bonus healing from Emsy's song of rest.

treex

First Post
OOC: I also vote for a short rest. By the way, of the 7 arrows I've shot in this adventure so far, did Emsy scavenge back any arrows? I overlooked it completely till recently :p

Lastly, any rewards to give out? Ashurn is aprox 250 XP away from a level, and I'd think he could use it right now. (and loot, dun forget da loot.)

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: I wouldn't mind to be reward after the whole adventure concludes really. Easier to summarise that way. Thanks for the vote for a short rest. :p

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: No complaints from the Minotaur, especially if the Song of Rest is being allowed. If it is a healing bonus +4, it'll be 29/30 HP's and down to 7 surges *shluuurp*

"I think we all could do with a quick bite. I could." Labraundos threw a large handful of raisins and oats into his mouth. Not too many missed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads