• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

FlervaFlerv

First Post
Flervin nods in agreement, and pulls out some dried fruit and a few small pieces of meat and begins in silence. He focuses partially on his food, and partially on what could be expected in the corridors beyond. He begins to look forward to meeting the King again, some humility would do the King right, he feels.

[sblock=Actions]
Spend 1 Healing surge to gain 11 total Hp, 10 needed.
Move: N/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=Flervin's Stats]
Flervin- Male Dwarf Druid , Lvl 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18.
AC: 15, Fort: 14, Ref: 13, Will: 14, Speed: 5.
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 11​(9 remaining).
AP: 0/2, Second Wind: Not Used , Milestones: 0.

Powers:
Wild Shape
Storm Strike (Dwarf Form)
Grasping Claws (Beast Form)
Pounce (Beast Form)
Darting Bite (Beast Form)
Savage Frenzy (Beast Form)

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
[Sblock=Actions]Spends 2 healing surges for (5+4)×2=18 hitpoints healed, back to 22/22 hitpoints. Down to 2 surges. [/sblock]
Ashurn takes out a healing kit out of his pack and starts to tend to his wounds. As he hears Emsy plays her instrument, his ashen skin (due to the massive loss of blood) seemed to regain it's glow.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara took a few moments of rest, and repacked her gear into her bag of holding. Since Emsy's magic had healed the worst of her earlier wounds, even the short respite made her feel much better- after a few minutes, she was pacing restlessly, apparently eager to continue the escape...

OOC: Lenayara will use 1 surge for 10+4 HP, up to 33/41 with 3 surges spent. If we do choose to hand out rewards now, Lenyara will probably hold off on her leveling up (though she is quite close), to avoid increasing the gap between her and the 1st level folks.

treex

First Post
Emsy is the manifestation of grace, as she plays a soft tune on her flute. The calming tune echoes lightly throughout the cave...

OOC: Emsy has so far not take any damage in this adventure. At all.

Dekana

Explorer
Though wary of leaving the kobolds to their own devices, the group decides to pause for a few moments and treat their injuries. Ashurn in particular is in desperate need of care, and Emsy's ministrations go a long way to restoring his battle readiness.

As far as treasure goes, Nicodemus finds that the kobold spellcaster had a metal rod stuffed in one of his pockets. It looks to be a focus for spellcasting. On the female kobold, Emsy finds a valuable ruby that the kobold was wearing as a necklace. When Emsy looks at the jewel, she is reminded of memories long forgotten, perhaps of her previous lifetimes.

[sblock=Treasure!]Nicodemus: Bloodcurse Rod +1
Emsy: Power Jewel (AV pg 176)[/sblock]
[sblock=hp / surges]Ashurn: 22/22, 4 surges used
Emsy: 24/24
Flervin: 30/30, 2 surges used
Labraundos: 29/30, 6 surges used
Lenyara: 33/41, 3 surges use
Nicodemus: 30/30[/sblock]

treex

First Post
OOC: Oops, apparently I didn't hit send on my last message: I'll update Emsy's character sheet as soon as I can. (Which happens to be now)

EDIT: Done, and on my wishlist I added that I want a Songbow (Dragon 390). But I'm not sure what else to put on that list, hopefully it'll grow.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
The party continues down the tunnel, leaving the fallen kobolds behind. Down the corridor, they see an opening into the large chamber with the bottomless pit they crossed earlier. All of the braziers (fire pots) in the chamber have been lit, providing good lighting throughout. On the other side of the pit is an enclosed room with several arrow slits facing the pit. There are several kobolds milling about, all with weapons in hand. The one closest to the tunnel points at it (towards the adventurers) and says something softly in Draconic.

GM: Map. Everyone rolled higher initiative than the kobolds except for Labraundos.

Initiative
Lenyara: 26
Flervin: 22
Nicodemus: 20
Ashurn: 17
Emsy: 11
Kobolds: 10
Labraundos: 9

Terrain
The tunnel you're in continues further to the west in a relatively straight line.
On the west side of the bottomless pit, the chamber continues to the north and south for quite a distance. Beyond this chamber, it is pitch black and you are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Let me know if you'd like me to add more squares to the map for use in combat, either for the tunnel or the darkened areas on your side of the bridge.

Bottomless pit: Try not to fall in.

Objects: The statues and braziers are large enough to provide cover. The braziers are all lit. It's possible to knock them over or light things on fire with them if you wish.

Fortifications: If you are adjacent to a fortification, you gain superior cover from creatures on the opposite side of the fortification who are not also adjacent to it.

[sblock=Combat notes]Ashurn: 22/22, 4 surges used
Emsy: 24/24
Flervin: 30/30, 2 surges used
Labraundos: 29/30, 6 surges used
Lenyara: 33/41, 3 surges use
Nicodemus: 30/30

Kobold Archer 1: 24/24
Kobold Archer 2: 24/24
Kobold Minion 1: 1/1
Kobold Minion 2: 1/1
Kobold Minion 3: 1/1
Kobold Minion 4: 1/1
Kobold Minion 5: 1/1
Kobold Minion 6: 1/1
Kobold Minion 7: 1/1
Kobold Minion 8: 1/1
Kobold Skirmisher 1: 27/27
Kobold Skirmisher 2: 27/27

Kobold Archer
AC 13, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Behind fortifications (+5 defenses, not included above)

Kobold Minion
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 11
Minion: A missed attack never damages a minion.

Kobold Skirmisher
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 13
Mob Attack: The kobold dragonshield gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls per kobold ally adjacent to the target.
Combat Advantage: +1d6 extra damage on attacks against targets the skirmisher has combat advantage against.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
The Pit Round 1
Nicodemus, Human
Warlock 1 (Cover, Partial Concealment UENT)
30/30 HP (4THP)

From his shadowy vantage he curses the skirmisher on the bridge and fires a white bolt in its direction, but whether the lance of light connected he wasn't sure. Nicodemus then whips around the corner to take cover behind the brazier. "Foul traitor, your blood is mine. You'll have to step into the flames of darkness to tangle with the likes of me!" The tall boy's visage is given an eerie glow by the coals of the brazier he towers behind.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Skirmisher1
Move: to E11
Standard: Dire Radiance vs Skirmisher1 Hit Fort 12 for 13 Radiant dmg. With 11 more if moves closer BENT.
Action Point: -
[/sblock][sblock=Nicodemus]Nicodemus—Male Human Warlock 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 17, Will: 13 — Speed: 6
HP: 30/30 (4THP), Bloodied: 15, Surge: 6, Surges left: 10/10;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 1
Powers -
Eldrich Blast
Dire Radiance
Hellish Rebuke
Warlock's Curse
Dark One's Blessing

Arms of Hadar
Vanish

Flames of Phlegethos

[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Shadow Walk is always active. Nicodemus still needs 1 approval.

Damage Summary: (Total damage if all attacks hit)
Skirmisher1 13-24 Radiant dmg Bloodying him which triggers my Dark One's Blessing for 4THP.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Nicodemus's bolt of light ricochets off the statue between him and his target and goes flying down into the chasm.

GM: Fort 12 would be enough to hit, but there's a statue in the way of the attack. The cover bonus is just enough to make the attack miss.

FlervaFlerv

First Post
Flervin moves within range of his target. As he moves forward lightning surges between his fingers and around his chest. He take a deep breath and releases the charged energy at Skirmisher 1.

[sblock=Actions]
Movement: Move 4 spaces to F6
Minor: None
Standard: Storm Spike vs Skirmisher 1 = 14 (hit...barely!)
Damage: 7, and "If the target doesn't move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to your Wisdom modifier."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Flervin's Stats]
Flervin- Male Dwarf Druid , Lvl 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18.
AC: 15, Fort: 14, Ref: 13, Will: 14, Speed: 5.
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 11​(9 remaining).
AP: 0/2, Second Wind: Not Used , Milestones: 0.

Powers:
Wild Shape
Storm Strike (Dwarf Form)
Grasping Claws (Beast Form)
Pounce (Beast Form)
Darting Bite (Beast Form)
Savage Frenzy (Beast Form)

Current Form: Dwarf

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Remove ads