• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

First Post
"Maybe can make the door open up, or turn off the trap from that panel, yep yep yep," Sweetness barked. "But maybe some healing first..."

Allow me... Radtash offers a silent prayer to the Great Light, which washes over Sweetness and heals her wounds.

[SBLOCK="Mechanics"]Healing Word on Sweetness
  • Effect: Sweetness can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6+4=7 hit points.
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Status] Map

Arkavras 32/41 [3], 1AP, +2 Refl vs Ligthning Trap
Gogmorthak 54/57 [6], 2AP
Gruff 41/49 [8], 1AP
Narvala 38/38 [2], 1AP
Radtash 34/39 [6], 1AP
Sweetness 40/40 [4], 1AP

Arkavas : Caustic Rampart used, Curative Admixture used x1
Gogmorthak :
Gruff :
Narvala : Purging Flame used
Radtash : Healing word x1
Sweetness : Duelist Dagger used[/SBLOCK]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Bolstered by Radtash's healing energy, Sweetness made another attempt to traverse the lightning-filled corridor and tackle the control panel.

OOC: Again Acrobatics +12 (Difficulty?) to move 7 squares, and Tumble to move up to three more (object is to get to the panel without getting zapped, possibly using that area along the side of the hallway that looks clear). Thievery +14 with tools (Difficulty?; 2 successes already, total needed?)

Velmont

First Post
Sweetness tries again. Tumbling down easily the hall, he returns next to the spike, where the control panel are. He continues his work, learning for his previous mistake, he works a bit longer on the control panel to see the spike extinguish, no more lightning flaring out of it.

The room safe, the people gather into it, crossing one by one the small room with holes. During that time, Sweetness take a quick look at the eastern door to find it safe. When he open it, he only see a small empty room. After Arkavas have taken a look at the south door, Gruff and Gogmorthak sligthly open it and find a large room with a brazier in the center. Seeing no danger, the group decide to first take a quick rest before continuing.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Acrobatic: Acrobatic (1d20+12=29)
Thievery: Thievery (1d20+14=33, 1d20+14=22, 1d20+14=23, 1d20+14=32)

That was DC: 20 to move and DC: 22 for thievery, but the trap only triggered on less than 17. Between 17 and 21, no success, no danger.

This is a chance for a short rest, be ready for any upcoming encounter as you have passed through the trapped Hall. Also, you should tell me who give HS for the infusions.[/SBLOCK]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'll spend Gogmorthak's HS on a Healing Infusion, and spend one of my own to get me up to 41. I'm down to 2[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Status] Map

Arkavras 41/41 [2], 1AP
Gogmorthak 54/57 [5], 2AP
Gruff 41/49 [8], 1AP
Narvala 38/38 [2], 1AP
Radtash 34/39 [6], 1AP
Sweetness 40/40 [4], 1AP

Arkavas : Caustic Rampart used
Gogmorthak :
Gruff :
Narvala : Purging Flame used
Radtash :
Sweetness : Duelist Dagger used[/SBLOCK]

Impact

First Post
Sweetness, is the lightning trap permanently disabled, or could it be turned back on? If this next chamber holds bird-men, giant slimy cubes, or other enemies, it would be very entertaining to retreat into the empty room to the east and watch the lightning blast them for us.

Radtash peeks into the room with the brazier, looking for hidden traps or enemies.

[SBLOCK="Perception Check"]1d20+8=27[/SBLOCK][SBLOCK="Velmont"]Can the traps be turned back on?[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Radtash take a look at the room. This chamber is brightly lit by a violently burning brazier of fire. Four glowing sigil circles are scribed in the floor, one per corner. Outside these feature, the room is empty.

[SBLOCK=OOC]You can't be sure without testing it, but you think the lightning trap could be reactivated properly with the panel (i.e. Thievery check). The force wall and the trapped room could probably be reactivated with the key.[/SBLOCK]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Arkavas looks into the room from under Gogmorthak's arm (he's too tall for Arkavas to look over his shoulder). The sigils hava an interesting attraction to Arkavas, but he knows he should be wary of more mundane wards.

[sblock=Skill Checks]
Minor: Perception = 1d20+10= looking for traps or trigger points as well as inspecting the brassiere ... I mean brazier (I always get those two confused).
Minor: Arcana = 1d20+14= to find out what the sigils do, if anything.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads