• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
Everyone move into the room, ready to set a trap. Gogmorthak enter the room, he walks slowly toward the brazier. As he steps next to it, the low flame inside the brazier flare and he sees an elemental in front of him. He also spots two more summoned elemental in the circle he sees, and even if they are behind him, it is not hard to guess two more have been summoned in the circle behind him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sweetness have a ready action. To activate the panel, he'll need to do one thievery check. Radtash have his action readied too.

Gogmorthak move toward the Brazier, as he step next to it, the flamespikes are summoned, so he couldn't have readied yet his action to flee as he is finishing a move action. We roll initiative at that moment:

Initiative:
Arkavas, Narvala and Sweetness acts
Monsters
Everyone
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status] Map

Arkavras 41/41 [2], 1AP
Gogmorthak 54/57 [5], 2AP
Gruff 41/49 [8], 1AP
Narvala 38/38 [2], 1AP
Radtash 34/39 [6], 1AP
Sweetness 40/40 [4], 1AP

Arkavas : Caustic Rampart used
Gogmorthak :
Gruff :
Narvala : Purging Flame used
Radtash :
Sweetness : Duelist Dagger used

Flamespikers
HP 66; Bloodied 33
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 16
Immune disease, petrification, poison; Resist 10 fire
Speed 7
Stonespike (standard; at-will) ✦ Fire
Reach 2; +12 vs. AC; 1d8 damage plus 1d6 fire damage,
and the target gains vulnerable 5 fire and is marked until
the end of the flamespiker’s next turn.[/SBLOCK]

Impact

First Post
Everyone move into the room, ready to set a trap. Gogmorthak enter the room, he walks slowly toward the brazier. As he steps next to it, the low flame inside the brazier flare and he sees an elemental in front of him. He also spots two more summoned elemental in the circle he sees, and even if they are behind him, it is not hard to guess two more have been summoned in the circle behind him.

Can Gogmorthak finish his action? It would only have taken him one move action to reach the brazier, so could he use his standard action to retreat?
Ready an action
Actually, readying an action is a standard, and the trigger could have been the monster being summoned. Hence, the readied action (retreat!) would be triggered directly after the monsters would be summoned.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]A ready action allow you to take an immediate reaction.

Immediate Action said:
Once per Round: You can take only one immediate action per round, either an immediate interrupt or an immediate reaction. If you take an immediate action, you can’t take another one until the start of your next turn, but you can’t take an immediate action on your own turn.

As the summon was an immediate reaction of the brazier to Gogmorthak action, he is unable to takes the immediate reaction that was allowed by the ready action.

I first thought a ready action end his turn, but I was wrong, but immediate action are forbidden during his own turn, to not react to a reaction and create a chain of reaction...

EDIT: So, with his standard (ready an action) and a Move action (move next to the brazier), Gogmorthak have only a Minor left. I will allow him to do a minor action before the monster act if he want to take one.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Impact

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]A ready action allow you to take an immediate reaction.

As the summon was an immediate reaction of the brazier to Gogmorthak action, he is unable to takes the immediate reaction that was allowed by the ready action.

I first thought a ready action end his turn, but I was wrong, but immediate action are forbidden during his own turn, to not react to a reaction and create a chain of reaction...

EDIT: So, with his standard (ready an action) and a Move action (move next to the brazier), Gogmorthak have only a Minor left. I will allow him to do a minor action before the monster act if he want to take one.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK="OOC"]Seems like you are correct, sir. I stand down. :)
I guess my strategy was flawed in that aspect. We shouldn't have had him ready the action, then he still would have had his standard to use for retreat.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: doh I had hoped for a move too. Ooh wait what about an action point? If so, the following applies.

Taking quick stock of the situation, Gogmorthak boots it out of the centre and back behind his friends, "Few that was a close one! Oh and uh they're coming!"

ooc: Combat Sprint behind Gruff: Move speed +4. +4 bonus to defenses against opportunity attacks provoked by move

drothgery

First Post
Narvala prepares to unleash divine eneryg at the monsters, just as soon as she can see them.

[sblock=ooc]delay until after the bad guys go.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gog quickly evade the flamespike and flee behind his companions. The flamespike follow him but are block by Sweetness and Gruff. The first decide to attack Sweetness, and he is hit. A small wound, but he feels his skin to be more sensible to heat, and the other creature seems to feel it too, as two other try to hit him. He evades one but is hit by another and feels more the burn.

As the forth enter the hall, Sweetness pull a lever, but the lightning trap doesn't reactivate. He see that the pain had distract him and he pulled the wrong one.

In the room, the brazier summon another elemental that move toward the group too.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Gog use his Action Point and flee the room. AoO against Gog (1d20+12=14, 1d8+1d6=6)

The first flamespike move to O2. Radtash miss him with his ready action, but the flamespike attack Sweetness: Attack against Sweetness (1d20+12=26, 1d8+1d6=8) Hit.

The second move to O3. Attack against Sweetness (1d20+12=18, 1d8+1d6+5=14) Miss

A third flamespike move to N2. Attack against Sweetness (1d20+12=22, 1d8+1d6+5=13)

As the forth one enter the hall, Sweetness try to activate the trap: Sweetness Thievery roll (1d20+14=21) Miss.

A fifth move to N4.

The brazier summon another creature that move to M4.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status] Map

Arkavras 41/41 [2], 1AP
Gogmorthak 54/57 [5], 1AP
Gruff 41/49 [8], 1AP
Narvala 38/38 [2], 1AP
Radtash 34/39 [6], 1AP
Sweetness 19/40 [4], 1AP, bloodied, marked by Flame[N3], vulnerability to fire 5

Arkavas : Caustic Rampart used
Gogmorthak :
Gruff :
Narvala : Purging Flame used
Radtash :
Sweetness : Duelist Dagger used

Flamespikers
HP 66; Bloodied 33
Speed 7
Stonespike (standard; at-will) ✦ Fire
Reach 2; +12 vs. AC; 1d8 damage plus 1d6 fire damage,
and the target gains vulnerable 5 fire and is marked until
the end of the flamespiker’s next turn.

Flamespiker Tongues
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
Spike (standard; at-will) ✦ Fire
Reach 2; +12 vs. AC; 6 fire damage.[/SBLOCK]

drothgery

First Post
Narvala tries to entwine all of the elemental creatures in divine energy, since they nicely bunched up for her, but she has only limitted success.

[sblock=ooc]
Attack with Chains of Carceri, centered at N3.

Atk rolls. (1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=28, 1d20+9=15) first roll was for the unique creature, presumably the non-minion. Atk is vs. REF, so two hits in any case.

dmg (2d8+7=18)

both creatures that are hit are slowed until EoNT.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads