• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

GPEKO

First Post
Sparky said:
She turns back to the interrogation, "Dioran Uthelem, Joseph Dar'maryon, Warrior Gath Stonefist, Lupic - we must leave these men. These men cannot help us. It is Rainca's thought that restless Brother Owl is the key. Let us go together to make our plan."
"Redarn ask we guard people go out of town. May be brother Owl show him there."

GPEKO

First Post
OOC: I hope my broken 'Gath speech' isn't annoying anybody. It's just that I don't think an Int 6 half-orc raised by his orc mother would speak a good common.

buzzard

First Post
"Rainca why you think we have to talk to Hiznibz? We not paid to talk. We paid to fight. I know I am not so smart, but I at least know what I am paid to do. All talk about who is right and wrong is stupid. We not get paid to think what is right or wrong. We get paid to protect town. " Grunts Lupic after listening to Rainca.

Sparky

Rainca considers Lupic's words before replying, "Rainca thinks you are mistaken, Lupic. We are not being paid to fight the hoarsuns. We are being paid to stop them. Rainca thinks there is an important difference." She holds out her hands as if weighing the ideas, "If we fight there is a good chance that we will all meet the Blood Father's Wife." She shudders, "If we talk to Hiznibs and learn what he wants, there is a better chance we get paid and do not meet an honorless death. But Rainca will hear the opinions of all. She will not push Lupic to act unwisely."

Hof

Explorer
"Rainca has a very good point: information is key here. We are not dead set on violence and besides we're most likely to be outnumbered in any form of open combat. On the other hand we very much doubt that our employer the councilman would be willing to negotiate with our targets. If we chose to try some diplomacy then be aware that we will be fighting a war, so to speak, with two fronts." Pausing for effect, Dioran continues: "Regardless, we think trying to contact His Nibs is the wisest choice of action at this time. He obviously knows about us, letting him know we know about him and take him serious can do us little harm."

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

"Gath be with Lupic here. Smash bandits. We not have to smash them all at once. Take them down one by one, with ambash."

Sparky

The barbarian woman looks gravely at Gath, "Are you so certain of our victory Warrior Gath Stonefist? Rainca is not. Rainca remembers Warrior Gath at her feet, close to death, because of such ill-timed bravery. The actions of the hoarsuns cannot be tolerated. If they will not listen to reason, we will track and kill each. We will hunt them down like rabid wolves." Rainca is shaking and her eyes blaze, her voice rises, "Rainca will drink hot blood from their broken skulls." She stops suddenly, panting. She calms herself forcibly, "But Rainca thinks such measures will not be neccessary." She glances at the captives, mouth twitching.

She brushes a hand over her flushed face and takes a deep breath before continuing, quietly addressing her words first to Dioran, and then the others, "You are right, Dioran Uthelem, information is what we need to decide our course of action. Rainca does not think that Council Man Therick should be present when we meet with Hiznibs and Council Man Therick does not need to know that when we leave we go to speak with Hiznibs. Council Man Therick only needs to know that when we return, no matter what we have done, the people of Bluerun are safe." She glances at Gath and Lupic and breaks off for a moment, studying the floor and rubbing an odd bone-colored knife tied to her arm with strands of beads and trinkets... Bukun'e, Rainca needs your wisdom... The young barbarian smiles briefly... For, she already has your long-windedness...

She begins again, "If Council Man Therick were reasonable about the hoarsuns, Rainca would tell him of this plan herself. But he is not. He is blind and full of hate. We cannot be like him. Or like Hiznibs, taking by force what we believe to be ours. The lives of these hoarsuns are worth our caution. Their meaningless deaths will mark our spirits forever. And the Blood Father's Wife would turn her back on Rainca with such a mark on her spirit. Rainca will not wander the Spirit Home alone for an eternity because she was too afraid or lazy to do first what is right, and chose instead what is easy."

OOC: Hooboy. She's all fired up now. I fear for any bandits who cross her path with ready blades. :) I don't mean to railroad, anybody who wants to stand up to Rainca, feel free. This is good times. Or, if you hate these sorts of debates, let me know and I'll scale it back a bit.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ooc: Just so you know, I'm open as a DM to either method of attempting to resolve the situation. Neither is guarenteed to succeed, of course, but neither is going to fail by plotline fiat.

Obviously you can also accompany redarn without having reached complete agreement and deal with things on the fly.

Kahuna Burger

buzzard

First Post
"Rainca, I still think you are thinking wrong. Gath here has it right. We are here to do a job. Councilman pays me to break heads, so I break heads. I am not here to talk. Lupic knows he is no talker. I do what I am paid to do. I do not care to know if Hiznibs is right or wrong. That just does not matter. He is not paying me. "

buzzard

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
"We accomplish nothing waiting, Rainca of Barav Kree"Joseph Darmaryon nods. "I believe it is time we scouted out their camp, and if the situation avails us perhaps a meeting could be arranged...I suggest a small party, however. More than two of us a foot would be overly conspicuous."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads