• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

buzzard

First Post
Sparky said:
OOC: Rainca's ready to go. On a related note, I think Lupic should accompany us with Redarn, I'd hate to be short handed if we run into the real bandits.

If the mission is to scout, then scout, you won't need me. If you see trouble, run.

buzzard

buzzard

First Post
"But I am no good at scouting. If you are scouting you should not be fighting. If you want to go fight I go, but that is not what they say"

buzzard

Hof

Explorer
"If he wishes the company, we too shall ride with Redarn. Information may be gathered in more ways than one, and perhaps he can be persuaded to speak to the councilman on the virtues of tolerance and negotiation - somehow we doubt he would be willing to listen to us. Also scouting and sneaking are not talents we posess in any significant quantity. Good luck to you and we shall see you back here soon."

Dioran then adresses Gath: "Whereas we do not share your desire for physical conflict, you may very well be right to anticipate trouble. Rest assured, we will assist in any way we can should the need arise."

ooc: I hope this one actually gets posted, somehow two earlier replies didn't..?!?.

Last edited:

Sparky

Rainca smiles her toothy, feral smile at Redarn. She ritually readies a javelin, coincidentally the one she stabbed into the floor of the Red Dragon, and kisses the deadly-looking metal tip before holding the blooded hunting weapon out to Redarn and bowing. She straightens, sashes fluttering, beads and teeth rattling. She inclines her head at Redarn and turns to Lupic with a puzzled look.

She blinks, "Lupic, we are all going together. Rainca does not think it wise to split our number. We are certain to have need of your considerable strength."

Without further comment she checks all of her weapons and gear, re-arranging the pack to bear more comfortably on her broad shoulders. She unstoppers her wine and annoints her eyes, fingertips and the blades of her weapons while singing to them and to the Blood Father. She wipes her hands and face and weapons, standing to toss back a mouthful of the holy vintage. She nods and begins to settle the weapons about her body. Somehow she manages to look more dangerous than before. It's her eyes.

"Redarn. Rainca is ready." As she speak she unlimbers her bow, stringing it with a long-practiced hand. She picks an arrow from her quiver inspecting it instinctively. She moves toward Redarn, arrow held between the fore-and middle fingers of her drawing hand, bow held lightly in her bracing hand. Ready.

OOC: Edit - misread Dioran. Changed what Rainca said to reflect the situation.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
As the wagon moves out of Bluerun, Gath and Hof sit up on the drivers bench with Redarn, while Lupic sits in the main wagon with the mildly uncomfortable passangers. Rainca runs alongside ranging forward and back to keep a watch, and Joseph moves along parralel to the road, keeping pace but trying to stay somewhat out of sight. (if that is misinterpreting people's plans, feel free to correct, just trying to get a feel for layout in case of trouble.) As you move to the north, Redarn is willing to talk to Hof about the alternate ideas for resolving the situation if the young mage brings them up...

GPEKO

First Post
Along the road, Gath first tries to sharpen glaive's blade and eats some of his rations. He also talks to Redarn, beside him. "So, you and Count Soul Man be brothers, right ? Why he also be you master ?"

Hof

Explorer
Dioran will try to find out from Redarn how the councelman might be persuaded to allow negotiation of some sort. But seeing how any plans for talk hinge on the willingness of both parties, and we know nothing about the attitude of his Nibs as yet, no detailed plans can be made.

OOC: Also, dioran has a slight identity crisis... Hof riding on the wagon indeed.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Redarn laughs a little at Gath's question, but answers it seriously. "Therick isn't my master, though he holds a higher rank within the city than I do. He and I inherited our father's business as equals and these days I have more of a say in running it than he does. But he was always more interested in the afairs of Bluerun and having input into the running of things and was eventually offered a place on the Council. It has some authority, especially now with things in crisis, but even more responsibility. Anyway, I show respect for his rank because he's earned it, but he's not my master by any stretch."

In response to Dorian's questions, Redarn thinks for a while, clucking to the horses and glancing around for signs of trouble. "My brother is both frightened of these men and very angry, with both good reasons and bad. They have killed gaurds of the town, they have stolen a large amount of goods from us, and even with you here some of our citizens choose to abandon the city he serves..." He sighs and pauses a moment. "But for all that they could be negotiated with if they were the soldiers of a petty lord or even the raiders of a mountain tribe. But they are Whore Sons, men who in Therick's world can clean stables if no one else wants the job, or empty slops buckets for their betters, or fall to petty crimes and be executed for them. To activly negotiate with them as social equals is quite likely outside of his comprehension... It is not outside of mine. I think it might be a good idea if these have a leader, and I have suspected that they have some plan or goal they are working towards rather than just plaguing us for sport." He pauses again, thinking deeply. "I don't think Therick would approve of negotiations in any formal sense. But neither will he expect to count the bodies of the fallen. If you report that the bandits have been so soundly defeated that we are safe, and stay a fortnight so he can see it for himself... perhaps swear an oath that you will return if they regroup under another leader... he would accept this and keep any suspicions to himself of how it was accomplished. His love for his city is greater than his pride if it is only his own suspicions. If you wanted him to participate in such a deal, though - His pride is great, and I cannot say he could bring himself to agree."

Remove ads