(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

GPEKO

First Post
Gath doesn't understand all that is being said but he nonetheless calls out to the 'bandits'. "Hey ! You let Redarn and others alone ! Gath go with you but wagon go his own way." Gath's tone doesn't leave much place for discussion.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
Gath doesn't understand all that is being said but he nonetheless calls out to the 'bandits'. "Hey ! You let Redarn and others alone ! Gath go with you but wagon go his own way." Gath's tone doesn't leave much place for discussion.

"Err..." The man who has done most of the talking looks at Gath with concern and some skepticism. "Do you want to speak as a leader of your group? We are willing to wait until you have delivered your passengers and then speak to any or all of you... We make no threats against you at this moment if you do not want to talk, but our leader hopes that by speaking to his representative there may be away to avoid future bloodshed on both sides."

Sparky

The feral woman grins at the man before her, "He is one who might regret a more peaceful settlement of this conflict." She turns more serious, "It would be wise for all involved in any negotiations to make sure this one does not feel threatened. Rainca will do her part and will trust you to do yours." She nods. Finished. She looks back at the wagon, waving it forward and turns back when Redarn lets up on his team's rein.

"It would be Rainca's fortune that if she followed you now she would find later that her charges were attacked." She shakes her head, "No, Rainca of the Barav Kree must return when the travellers are safe."

She sketches them an informal bow, touching fingers to lips and brow before stretching her long-legged stride to bring her to the wagon. "Warrior Gath Stonefist, Joseph Dar'maryon, Dioran Uthelem, Lupic, Redarn Horsewarden. These are some of the hoar-suns. They wish to take us to their leader. Rainca has told them that we will see this wagon to safety and return. They have promised to let us pass safely." She looks over her shoulder at the hoar-suns and turns speaking quietly, "Rainca believes they will not attack unless we attack first. Redarn Horsewarden, we will accompany you further and then return to meet Hiznibs."

Rainca trots off down the road, searching the sky for Restless Brother Owl, nodding to him if she spots him winging high above. When the group passes the side trail she points it out, "That is the trail the hoar-suns told Rainca about. A scout will await our return there to lead us to Hiznibs." She ranges out ahead of the wagon calling and singing, but her mind is on the bandits...

When the travellers are safe she bids farewell to Redarn, "Goodbye, Redarn Horsewarden. If Rainca does not return, sing fond songs of her." To the rest she says, "And now we return to face our fate. Are you ready, brothers?" She grins around at the group and trots back down the dusty trail, travel-song in her throat and thoughts of great adventure ahead.

Blood Father, guide your daughter. Lead me not into battle, but down the paths of wisdom that your long years of battle have shown you.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Once the travelers have been made comfortable in Andren, Redarn says he will stay the afternoon and do some business while you head back to your meeting. "Stay safe," he says to you all, but pauses akwardly with Rainca. "I have a feeling I'll be singing songs about you regardless, my lady." he doesn't quite dare touch the barbarian woman, but sketches a bow to her and leaves rapidly.

Returning along the same road, you see no signs of scouts or ambush as you retrace your steps. At the branch in the road, you are not entirely suprised to see no human messenger, but a familiar looking owl. It cocks it head at you then flies low above the ground, circling back to keep in range of you. Following it down the riding track then an almost hidden foot trail, you soon come to a small hollow between two hills, where a flat stone sits almost like a meeting table. On it are some waterskins and a few loaves of traveler's flatbread, and standing behind it is a woman. Her age is hard to guess, for her face is blocked partially by a white blindfold covering her eyes, and the coarseness of her hair could be either from age or poverty. The owl flies directly to her and alights on her shoulder, and she smiles as she rubs its beak. "I'm glad you agreed to come here. Would you all like to sit and eat with me? My name is Susan," She smiles slightly. "I'm a bit of a witch."

buzzard

First Post
"Eat? I ate before. What you want witch?" replies Lupic, though he has the idea he probably shouldn't be doing the negotiating.

buzzard

Hof

Explorer
"Please, warriors, hold your anger in check." Dioran interupts "This brave lady has shown her peaceful intentions by being here alone, we should take this chance at a reasonable solution without resorting to threats or paranoid delusions."

He then adresses the witch "Please do excuse us. We very much appreciate this gesture. " Dioran slowly wipes his bald scalp, weighing several ideas on how to proceed. He finally opts to stall for time: "But perhaps you would like to explain in your own words why exactly you have asked us here?"

Occasionaly he darts a quick glance towards Rainca and Joseph, seeking reassurance that there is truly no ambush here.

Sparky

In Andren:
Rainca cocks her head at Redarn's remark. She smiles warmly at the man and steps near, kissing her fingertips and touching them to his chest. "I am fond of you also, Redarn Horsewarden," she murmurs. She turns in a fluttering of feathers and sashes and lopes away a bright and swiftly flying startled bird.

At the side-trail:
Rainca's mouth quirks in a wry smile when their guide wings off through the forest. "Rainca of the Barav Kree greets you, Restless Brother Owl." She bows and trots off down the trail, ranging ahead to scout, but also to distance herself somewhat from those less adept at stealth so that she may better listen to the voices of the forest.

At the Talking-Table:
She stalks through the wood, senses ranging, seeking. She stops just short of the clearing and waits for the rest of the group, stepping forward with the others as they approach Susan and the stone table.
Rainca watches admiring as the witch-woman pets Restless Brother Owl. She grins as the two half-orcs begin their negotiations and Dioran Uthelem stalls. She gives a tight nod of affirmation, "For now, all appears safe, Dioran Uthelem. Rainca too would like to hear why we have been led here. But first," she turns and regards the blind-folded woman and bows deeply with a flourish of her many weapons and colorful sashes. It is remarkably reminiscent of the puffed feathers of a bird making a fierce display to scare off attackers.

She straightens and regards the witch-woman. "Rainca of the Barav Kree greets you, Susan Owl Mistress, and is pleased to share this repast. We offer a gift of wine to the talking-table." The barbarian woman stoops and removes two glazed mugs from her sack. She gestures at Joseph Dar'maryon and the dark man produces a dingy bottle containing a robust and gem-like deep, red wine. Rainca pours a quantity of the vintage in each mug admiring the play of sunlight on the garnet stream. She places one mug on the close side of the table. The other she carries to Susan, reaching for the blindfolded woman's hands to place the mug in them. She murmurs, "Owl Mistress, why do you cover your face so that we cannot see your eyes?"

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Gath remains wary of the woman who presents herself to be a 'bit of a witch'. He stays behind and plants the butt of his long glaive on the ground. He'll let the others do the talking but he doesn't much like this situation where those who are the enemy are not clearly identified.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Susan waits through the suspicious queries and seems pleased that some amoung you are willing to consider themeeting without fear. At Rainca's question, she frowns for a moment and aswers quietly. "I do not hide my eyes, brave warrior of the Barav Kree, but their lack. When my powers first emerged, I was subjected to a judgment by those who believed that a witch's magics could only be focused by a sight hex. As it turned out they were wrong about that and many things, and now my link to my companion helps me percieve the world around me, but I choose not to disturb others with my visage." Nodding now to Dioran, she addresses the group as a whole. "I speak on behalf of the leader of the Whoresons, to explain how we see the situation between our two groups and suggest a few ideas of what can be done about it. The food is not poisoned, nor is any ambush planned, especially since I would undoubtably be killed in any fighting - I have skills to aid this band, but martial prowess is not amoung them. But let me get down to the business at hand. We outnumber you, more than twice over. However, I observed your fight with the peasants on the road, and I know you each to be better than any but the best of our warriors. If it comes to a true fight, there will be dead on both sides, and while I think we would prevail, it would be at a great loss so early in our carreer. So, we would rather avoid fighting you. At the same time, Bluerun has been profiable to us in our raids, bringing us much closer to our goals than Redoak did, and we are not inclined to simply walk away from it. It would also decrease our leader's stature within the band, and loss us support from some of our more hot headed recruits."

"So, either fighting or running will lead to losses for us, and that leaves negotiation. Are you willing to consider solutions between our two groups, or are you bound to follow your mandate from the council without question?"

Remove ads