(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Recovering from his own 'hilarious' joke, Gath looks at the councilman's map, scratches his head (as he is not one of the 'strategic minds') and looks away. After a little pause, he adresses Therick. "So, Count Soul Man, are we near you Blue Run ? Me want smash soon. Point bandit and me smash, you pay."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
Recovering from his own 'hilarious' joke, Gath looks at the councilman's map, scratches his head (as he is not one of the 'strategic minds') and looks away. After a little pause, he adresses Therick. "So, Count Soul Man, are we near you Blue Run ? Me want smash soon. Point bandit and me smash, you pay."

Therick seems a little put off put responds "Quite near, in fact... we should arrive in time for a hearty evening meal and the comfort of-" He is cut off by Rainca (whatever she chooses to say) who is the first to spot a group of figures blocking the road ahead...

Sparky

Rainca's near constant singing rises sharply in warning as she spots the figures ahead. She nears the wagon signalling Redarn to slow the team. Never taking her eyes from the road, and the looming figures, she inclines her head to speak to Therick, "Council Man, if these are your hoar-suns, they will want your blood. Stay down."

She grins wolfishly testing her bow, "Rainca thinks we have found the nearest raiding locale, Joseph Dar'maryon. And bandits for you to smash, warrior Gath."

Protean

Still the Same
Sparky said:
Rainca's near constant singing rises sharply in warning as she spots the figures ahead. She nears the wagon signalling Redarn to slow the team. Never taking her eyes from the road, and the looming figures, she inclines her head to speak to Therick, "Council Man, if these are your hoar-suns, they will want your blood. Stay down."

She grins wolfishly testing her bow, "Rainca thinks we have found the nearest raiding locale, Joseph Dar'maryon. And bandits for you to smash, warrior Gath."

"This should prove quite interesting" Joseph's unleashed claymore sits solidly in hand. His green eyes meet the blade head on as he jumps out of the wagon. " I'll test the backs of their line."

If there is a chance of slipping out without the bandits' notice Joseph will try to sneak his way past the whore-sons through any underbrush.

Hof

Explorer
"Well then, let's see what all this will lead to." says Dioran as he clambers up to the front of the wagon. He pulls out his sling and a bullet to fire, although not with any obvious moves. Also, to the trained eye at least, Dioran seems to ready himself for the channeling of magical energies.

To no-one in particular he mutters..
"My Souls beyond, here it begins, show us your resolve!"

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

"Arrggghh, smash !!!" Eager to prove himself and also a little bored, Gath quickly jumps off the wagon, glaive in hand, and start running toward the ones blocking the road. He makes great movements with his weapon and yells obscenities in orcish.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
"Arrggghh, smash !!!" Eager to prove himself and also a little bored, Gath quickly jumps off the wagon, glaive in hand, and start running toward the ones blocking the road. He makes great movements with his weapon and yells obscenities in orcish.

The world stops and shakes momentarily as the DM gets the giggles, but quickly rights itself...

There are still a couple of hundred feet between the wagon and the (presumed) bandits, so Gath will spend about a round running before he gets in charging range. This gives Joseph easily enough distraction to slip into the brush beside the road and start a quick circle around. The figures blocking the road almost break ranks at the sight charging towards them, but one of them barks an order and they hold fast. There are at least half a dozen men in the road as Gath runs forward, but none wear armor and they seem to be carrying a variety of clubs and farming implements rather than swords.

OOC: it will take about two rounds for everyone to get into melee or thrown weapon range, (if the wagon follows gath) so if anyone has a precombat action or wants to get there first with gath let me know...

Sparky

Unwilling to let Gath charge alone, headlong into the teeth of bloody fate, Rainca swiftly matches Gath's pace, nocking an arrow to her bow. Joseph Dar'maryon's words give her pause, and she scans both sides of the road as she runs as well as glancing up from time to time - she has not forgotten the restless owl. She looks back at the wagon giving Lupic, Dioran and Redarn what she hopes is a staying glance.

[OOC:] Rainca is advancing cautiously, supporting Gath, but she is prepared for ambush and will fire on anyone who attacks the group whether from the front or flanks. If things look like they will come to blows (ie - they come under fire with no attempts at parley) she will drop her bow when she gets withing range to charge and exchange it for her battleaxe. [/OOC]

Remove ads