(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

buzzard

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
hoping to get a feel for what everyone's going to be doing as combat starts... if you like to be mysterious, post it in spoiler text... ;)

"Uhh, Gath what you dragging me into" Mutters Lupic as he follows along behind those advancing on foot. Once he gets within range, he will initiate a grapple on a likely target. Once grappled, he will use armor spikes on he target.

buzzard

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Unless someone gives him a very good reason to stop, Gath will charge when in range, entering a rage also. (stupid Gath ! :D)

Protean

Still the Same
Joseph will be on the look out for leader types as he attempts to sneak into the fray. He will wait until the leader is isolated if need be. He will not attack if parlay is invoked, but would rather prefer to keep in the background.

OOC:Joseph will be applying his special knewledge of human prey for the encounter.

Last edited:

Hof

Explorer
Whilst staying on the wagon, Dioran will try to assess who the leader is and whether or not any spellcasters are present, using detect magic if there is time enough. If hostilities do erupt into combat, he will attempt to sap the strength of the leader (ray of enfeeblement).

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, here we go...

Redarn starts the wagon forward again, though he is behing the running barbarians. Durring the round of movement, Dorian is too far away to detect magic effectly and waits. As Joseph is circling around, still about a hundred feet away, the barbarian horde (ok, one of them's a fighter and a little behind) draws within 50 feet of the rag tag group. A man standing towards the cernter of the group holding a quarterstaff yells "Now!" and three men rise up on each side of the road and hurl slingstones at the two in the lead... Two stones strike Rainca, doing a paltry amount of damage (3 points total) and she drops her bow and charges one of the offending miscreants. A mighty swing of her axe drops the man gasping (at 0 hp) and his fellows look a little more nervous.

Gath continues his charge into the main group, now frothing at the mouth as an added bonus, and swings his glaive at a man foolish enough to step in front of him. While the swing is wild, the momentum of the charge and power of the rage is sufficient to strike a horendous blow which leaves the man bleeding out on the ground a few feet away (dead).

Lupic charges in behind Gath and sweeps the first bandit to get in his way up into a mighty bear hug, which snaps some important sounding ribs as the man is impaled with the spikes on Lupic's armor. The man gasps once and goes limp. (dead)

The man who had signaled the sling stones yells "stand fast!" and steps up to smack Gath sharpely with each end of his quarterstaff. While the blows get gath's attention, he is not cowed (8 hp). However, two of the nearby men are bolstered to strike as well, landing lucky hits with a club and sickle respectivly (12 more points of damage from one lucky roll and one crit, has anyone ever told you your AC sucks when you charge AND rage?) and Gath is struck down in the dirt looking quite poorly. The last man swings with his club at Lupic but misses badly.

Still urging the team forward, Redarn pulls a crossbow from beneath the seat and shoots at one of the men around Rainca. however, the jostling of the seat makes the bolt go far astray and he cannot reload and driveat the same time...

Joseph:
While still too far away to strike with precision (no favored enemy bonus) Joseph can see who the leader is and shoot at him with his longbow ifhe wants, or continue moving to be in melee range next round.

Next round?

Sparky

Rainca grunts as the sling stones find their marks. She drops her bow and falls with lethal force upon the nearest slinger, a wolf amongst the herd. Her ears begin to ring at the sight of her prey's blood and the sounds of battle grow distant as The Laugher descends upon his grey-eyed daughter. Not yet, Father of Blood. Not yet.

Using the momentum of her deadly swing, Rainca pulls her axe free of the fallen and rounds on her next foes, circling to force them to face away from their allies (and hopefully shield her from incoming sling stones). A growl grows deep in her chest as she winds both hands around the hilt of her bloodied axe. She rolls onto the balls of her feet, studying the wretch before her with her hawk's gaze and the growl in her chest swells to a cry in her throat, "Blood for the Laugher!" Sling stones and other missles missing their marks whistle past and the barbarian woman grins. Rainca missed this.

OOC: Rainca is not yet raging. She is trying to intimidate her foes to better manipulate them into making mistakes, like letting her position them to block incoming fire and also to concentrate their attacks on her, rather than her allies. In the midst of the fighting she has not yet seen Gath fall. If, in circling around, she sees that he is down, she will switch to fighting defensively and use whatever appropriate movement (40', 80', 200' - Run Feat) to close with those near Gath, uttering a strange, guttural bark as she does.

GPEKO

First Post
"Smash......." Gath yells before passing out.

OOC: I guess I went a little bit over the top with the crazy charge ... but that's just the way I see Gath.
Since we're not using maps, I just want to point out something. If any of Gath's assailants had to make more than a 5-foot step to reach him, his reach weapon would have granted him an AOO. Probably not the case, but I want to make sure.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
"Smash......." Gath yells before passing out.

OOC: I guess I went a little bit over the top with the crazy charge ... but that's just the way I see Gath.
Since we're not using maps, I just want to point out something. If any of Gath's assailants had to make more than a 5-foot step to reach him, his reach weapon would have granted him an AOO. Probably not the case, but I want to make sure.

hrm, perils of non mapped situations. unfortunately, I think a 5 ft step would have covered it since I was envisioning them pretty grouped up. (in fact I had misremembered different character's feats and was all set to have you cleaving through the ranks before I took a second look... ;) ) On the bright side, your stalwart companions should have this lot sorted in time to stabalize you... though, you may have noticed that you came without a healer... :eek: gee, this was supposed to be the warmup fight....

Hof

Explorer
If the wagon gets close enough, and Dioran gets a clear shot at the leader (no firing into melee), he will cast a Ray of Enfeeblement. If not, he will start the incantations to summon a small fiendish monstrous scorpion from the foul depths of hell wich is to be positioned near the quarterstaff wielding leader in a flanking position if at all possible.

Remove ads