• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 8

Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

Fant and Nars aid Gorefoot.

(Rodimus can go here.)

Morulas continues to page through the spellbook, while Persephone examines the broken pottery she found. She decides it might have been some sort of clay sphere, small enough to fit in the palm of her hand.

Ishmael strikes at the Living Spell with Violet, but the Living Spell slides away into the smoke.

Gorefoot slashes the Living Spell with a solid blow, which might have ended the fight if his Greatsword had been enchanted. As it is, he does one point of damage bringing the total damage to 15 points.

The living spell finally connects, hitting Fant for 5 points.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ooc: I take it that I either rolled a "1" or I was attacking the wrong area.

Unpreturbed by his inability to consistently damage the Living Spell, Ishmael continued his assault. His subsequent swings at the creature still contained the reckless strength of previous attacks, but without the concern for defense.

ooc: Power attack 2

Warhammer +4 1d6+7

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
nimisgod said:
ooc: I take it that I either rolled a "1" or I was attacking the wrong area.

Oops, error on my part. I forgot you had cast true strike in the previous round, and rolled a 50% miss chance. How about this instead:

Ishmael smashes the living spell with Violet, but the mystic protection surrounding the spell prevents any harm. (Damage d6=3+7-10=0)

Zweischneid

First Post
Fant chokes off a cry of pain, and it comes out more as a grunt. "Keep it up,"

Still futilely searching for a way to overcome the smoke-creatures appearent invulnerability in the Wizards writing, Morulas looks up at the noises and words filtering from the impenetrable smoke.

'Have the people inside managed to find a way to overcome Rilithornes magic?'
The elf wonders to those still present.

'I wish I knew how I could help them.'

Patlin

Explorer
Round 9

Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

Fant and Nars aid Gorefoot.

(Rodimus can go here.)

Morulas and Persephone discover no more usefull information from the spellbook or ceramic shards.

Ishmael strikes at the Living Spell with Violet, missing. (No true strike this time, right?)

Gorefoot slashes the Living Spell, but fails to damage it.

The living spell misses Fant.

Patlin

Explorer
How to make a difference?

Zweischneid said:
'I wish I knew how I could help them.'

Thinking furiously, Morulas's attention is drawn to the heavy Masterwork Halberd hanging on his back. Could it be that a weapon of such heft could batter through the creatures protections? Morulas despairs for a moment, knowing his frame to be small for an adventurer, but then he recalls the potion of Bull's Strength that was also found on the first floor. Rodimus, standing next to Morulas, still has it. It would be a desperate gamble, but it might allow Morulas to help.

ooc: I think the two armors and the other Halberd were left lying around on the first floor, and unfortunately with Persephone inside the smoke the scrolls are useless. The party seems to be doing allright, but fortune is notoriously fickle... there are some additional resources at hand, if you wish to use them. If I could redesign this creature at this point, I'd give it more offense and less defence, so as to avoid this semi-stalemate. Sorry 'bout that.

BTW -- Dalamar, are you still out there? Haven't heard from you in a while now.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ooc: No true strike until 8 hours of rest, I'm afraid. As for the monster, I'm fine as is. We've done some damage to it, at least. And if Fant really needs healing, Ishmael can do it.

Frustration building up within the halfling, Ishmael persisted in his attacks. He had to damage the creature somehow.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone clambers to her feet again, and continues to stumble about the enclosure, looking for anything interesting. She listens to the fight, and tries to stay clear of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads