• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Xaov

First Post
just for a final say on this I think it actually is better for me to sit, out, I have events that have come up that require too much focus, thanks for the invite though. maybe I'll join another if the opportunity presents itself.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Patlin said:
"The master's study is to the immediate west, the kitchen lies to the east."
"Thank you," says Fant, and then goes about deploying her "troops."

ooc: Sorry you can't join us- perhaps some other time. :)

Also, did Persephone's owl see anything?

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Gorefoot stares at the puppet until he hears Lady Fant say something. He shakes his head to clear it and says, "Did you say you needed a door broken down?" He walks over to the door Nars is at, trying very hard NOT to look at the puppet.

Patlin

Explorer
Thomas Hobbes (Fant) said:
"Which door leads to the lab?"

"The lab is on the top floor. Please do not damage the doors, it would upset the guardians. If you wait patiently, the master will doubtlessly be along shortly."

ooc: Just to clarify, my earlier response was to the rogue's question, Fant posted while I was typing. :) Have fun, Xaov! And I did (eventually) post on what the owl saw, but it's up to Persephone whether to share it with the party as a whole.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael nodded at Fant's instruction, happy to be directed to a task... any task. For his part, he would rather not be held as party leader as his last party had done. The guilt-stricken halfling felt that he made a poor leader in those circumstances.

As he fell into the marching order, he realized that he was standing beside royalty. The fact that Persephone was twice his height and more made her even more intimidating to the Deep Halfling (~2 1/2 feet tall!). Ishmael gave her an uncertain smile, unsure if it was proper to engage his social better in conversation.

OOC: For my part, I don't mind the ordering around. If it gets us moving faster, all the better. Besides, Ishmael would rather take orders than give them.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars will attempt to open the west door. If it doesn't budge, he will step aside to allow the more martially inclined a chance at the door and load his crossbow and says, "Looks like a, ah, bigger tool than my, ah, lockpicks is needed. Say a great sword?"

Nars nods approvingly at Lady Fant's take charge attitude. He falls naturally into following orders from his background in the military and dwarven society in general.

OOC: Open Locks +7

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Patlin said:
The door is indeed held in place by magic, there is no mechanical lock to pick.

"Let's get to it," says Fant. "And be ready for the guardians. If anything comes at us right away, let the first one come through the door a little so we can surround at it six at a time."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone finishes looking at the pictures fairly quickly. She was never one for art anyway.

"Fant, " she says. 'Fridly here did fly up. He noticed bright flashes but couldn't see flames, per se. I don't know much about these wizards, but I do know they often dabble in alchemy, which can be quite dangerous without fire. You're doing the right thing, sister. We need to get in there and make sure nothing is going to blow up. We can't leave anyway, going forwards seems like the best option."

She turns back to the puppet. "We can't wait. Sorry. We're going in to check on the fire. Tell me, was your master expecting someone?"

Zweischneid

First Post
"Let's get to it," says Fant. "And be ready for the guardians. If anything comes at us right away, let the first one come through the door a little so we can surround at it six at a time."

"Guardians than?" Morulas notes grimly as he draws his sword (already having stored away his bow again) "None of those will keep me in this cage today."

Determinatly he moves up to the door, ready to dispatch other automatons (or whatever), that may come through.

In the tense moments before someone breaks down the door, the elf also fixes Fant with his gaze and nods ever so slightly, indicating that he will gladly take the rear once they get moving.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads