[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
"Dextyr, this one's all yers, I'll be goin' about ta find some real info 'out this place" Murphy says as he departs from the group, heading across the villiage to look for more open individuals, hoping his own manner of speech and appearance would be less off-putting than his companions.

[sblock=OOC]
Try some Streetwise to pick up some info from less "official" sources, looking for information on the area, people, etc. - streetwise (1d20+7=14) [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Murphy stealthily slips away and though he cannot find anyone to talk to of the usual sort, almost all the folk seem unfriendly to outsiders, he finds a group throwing dice behind one of the small taverns in town. After losing a bit to look good, he finds out the town has become increasingly isolationist, closing off their town to most outsiders (the group here for example). Dugas Densieski seems to be leading that effort though also an effort to create stronger political ties to Old Daunton.

One of the gamblers has heard that the Landreau family has a house on high stilts near the southern part of town, kind of isolated so easy to find.

[sblock=OOC] 4 Successes, 0 Failures, waiting for a post from OnlytheStrong for Shorrin before round 2

Dextyr can still chat up Dugas... [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
While Dextyr engages the mayor in conversation and Murphy slinks away, Shorrin moves to inspect the nearby swampy ground. Said they lived by the swamp He steps into a bit of muck and loses his footing, falling on his face and getting quite a bit dirty.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Where is Isabelle? (4 successes, 0 failures)
Difficulty Moderate, Complexity 2, successes 6 before failures 3
Key Skills: Insight 12, Nature 12, Streetwise 12
Secondary Skill: Any you can justify 22 difficulty

Insight and Streetwise will give you answers from NPCs while Nature is descriptions from me. In the next three it will be best to use the success on the Landrieau family or the swamp by their house.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy walks to the edge of the swamp after completing his investigations, and catching up his allies on his findings. "No you big lug, we don't have to swim through the swamp, there are dry parts you can walk on it you know where to look. " he says, pointing to a small path that's not quite as slippery as the rest.

[sblock=ooc]
Nature (1d20+3=12) *phew* just made it [/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post

Bonjour travelers, what business do ya have in Shule? I'm Densieski and the mayor hereabouts.

"Greeting Mayor Densieki. My name is Dextyr M'rgan. My companions and I are in search of a missing girl. If you could be so kind as to direct us to the Landreau residence we would greatly appreciate your assistance."

[sblock=Mechanics]
Dextyr will use his "Wods of Friendship" power to aid his diplomacy check.
Diplomacy Check = 1d20+21 (Diplomacy Check with Words of friendship bonus)=22 - LOL, Unbelievable - I roll a 1 and still beat the DC 22 check. Wow I am sure glad I decided to use that power. Not what I was aiming for, but a success either way.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Expanded math]
Dextyrs base Diplomacy is +16 (check his character sheet for details, but it is min/maxed to the max for diplomacy). He then used an encounter power (words of friendship) that gives a +5 power bonus to his next diplomacy check, thus the +21 modifier. So although I had the chance to pull off a 41 on the check, I got the other end of the scale, a 22, which luckily is the DC set for other skills.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

changer

First Post
Janus stands behind Dextyr in a trance like state. Inside his mind he is walking through a virtual museum of history looking for the room that houses the history of this area. After a few minutes he comes out of his trance.

"I have not knowledge I can recall of the area, obviously nothing of import has happened here." Janus mutters assuredly. The dragon looks quizically at Janus and then guffaws, a cloud of frost lingering around its snout.

[sblock=ooc]
History check 1d20+12=18 Doh! My 2nd roll on skill checks always bombs.

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The mayor smiles genially at your inquires. I's not surprised at yer interest in dat gal, she being an outsider round hea. She's been running wit dem Quileaux boys since she gots to her aunts. Nutin but trouble. He shakes his head ruefully. The Landreau's place is down the road apiece. Look fer da purple front. I'd show yew da way myself but bein mayor's a busy bidniss. The group leaves by the only road out of town in the direction of the swampy areas. A few scattered houses line the way and as the road gets less well kept and the land wetter, the houses begin to get higher and higher on stilts out of the boggy land. Some seem like shacks and others like well to do homes, but all sport bright colors. Eventually the group comes to a high house with a purple front, on the steps sits a woman looking dispondant.

[sblock=Skill Challenge] Where is Isabelle? (5 successes, 1 failure)
Difficulty Moderate, Complexity 2, successes 6 before failures 3
Key Skills: Insight 12, Nature 12, Streetwise 12
Secondary Skill: Any you can justify 22 difficulty

Insight and Streetwise will give you answers from NPCs while Nature is descriptions from me. Tonk and Shorrin have yet to go in this round.
[/sblock]

Remove ads