• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

changer

First Post
"Egads man, was that the common tounge you attempted to address us with? I know of a rather excellent linguist who can help you with that speech impediment you have there." Janus begins as Shorin unlimbers his shield.

"My friends and I have already made a booking for friend Tonk here, if you ask nicley, maybe he will alow you to accompany him" Janus adds cheerfully.

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr holds back a laugh at Janus' remark and tries to discern which one of the hairy horsemen is the leader.

"Greetings" Dextyr beings. "You must be the Quileaux boys. We are here for Isabelle. Hand her over to us and everything will be fine. Disregard this one and only warning and things will not be so fine for you" he delivers with as much bravado as he can muster.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Nature check = 1d20+5 (nature)=14
Insight check = 1d20+9 (Insight)=22
Intimidate check = 1d20+7 (intimidate)=16
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Tonk's mace jars the man on horseback, but the ferocious assault does not bloody the rider. They all draw longswords and strap on their shields as they circle.

[sblock=OOC] Okay, Tonk has started combat (not unusual) but since my map file got corrupted, I would like you all to roll initiative if you want and continue any talking/strategizing until Monday. Then I will post the first turn
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy just sighs as the humans begin circling them, already knowing Tonk's reaction and not wasting his breath as Dextyr and Janus did.

The assassin quietly waited for an opening and when he saw the glint in Tonk's eye he was ready.

[sblock=ooc]
initiative (1d20+7=27) ...sure...crit now...

So are we assumed to have our weapons out? It seems Tonk did...
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin pulls his warhammer and smiles as it turns cold in his hands. [sblock=ooc/mechanics]

LOL yay init roll

Init Roll (1d20+3=6)

I'm last :) Just where I wanted to be... wait... that's bad...

Anywho, I'm not sure about combat against mounted foes lol... this will be new to me. [/sblock]

Remove ads