[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=DMDanW] If you move to H9, making a ranged attack will provoke an AoO from the warhorse but you could have made the attack before moving so I won't take it here[/sblock]

The horse rears after Tonk assaults its rider. It lowers its head and charges forward through Dextyr Tonk and Janus before reaching Shorrin. The dragonborn swings his warhammer and knocks the warhorse off its track to a stop.
Billa Joe Bob! shouts one rider in anger as he wheels his horse about. He bears down on Murphy, striking the assassin a critical wound only to have his target vanish in shadow.

The third rider circles around and charges Shorrin with longsword out, but in his eagerness his sword swings wide of the fighter.

The last hairy man turns his horse and tries to ride down Tonk and Dextyr. The bard and Janus strike out but that doesn't slow the warhorse and it knocks Dextyr to the ground. The biker continues on and wheels about.

[sblock=OOC] Horse 1 will Trample Dextyr, provoking 2 AoO from Murphy 1d20+8=15 miss and Dextyr 1d20+6=22 hit for 1d8+1=5 damage before entering Dextyr's space and attacking 1d20+4=6 miss. Then Tonk gets a AoO 1d20+10=12 miss and horse attacks him 1d20+4=17 miss. Janus and the Horse both miss (keep losing this post). Shorrin stops the trampling 1d20+10=25 for 1d10+5=8 and stop (ends at G11)

Biker 2 will move and charge to J5 Murphy with longsword 1d20+12-2=30 CRIT for 1d8+10=18 damage and he is marked TENT Biker 2. He can teleport and is invisible TENT.

Biker 3 moves and charges Shorrin 1d20+15=17 miss. Ending in J12

Biker 4 uses his horse to trample Tonk and Dextyr. They (and Janus) can apply their attacks to either him or the horse. Tonk 1d20+10=11 miss and Dextyr 1d20+6=19 for 1d8+1=5 let me know target and Janus 1d20+3=19 can do 1d6-1=1 damage after picking target. The horse attacks both 1d20+4=12 vs Tonk miss and 1d20+4=21 Dextyr for 1d6+6=7 and he is prone. The horse winds up at O12
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin H12 50/50 1 AP
Murphy ?? 27/45 1 AP Marked by Biker 2 TENT, invisible TENT
Janus H11 34/34 1 AP
Dextyr H9 36/43 1 AP Prone
Tonk H10 44/44 0 AP +1 to AC TENT
Horse 1 G11 -13hp
Biker 2 J5 -9hp -2 to attack TENT Dextyr
Biker 3 J12
Biker 4 O12
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• road2.jpg
    road2.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

changer

First Post
Janus stands his ground and tries to cast again.

[sblock=ooc]
My mighty OA damage will go on Biker 4 please. (ie not the horse)

Move Action: N/A
Standard Action: TW @ Warhorse @ g11 vs Fort:
1d20+7=11; 1d6+6=12
yikes I'm rolling higher damage than to hit rolls.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Janus Reinhardt - Male Human Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 34/34, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8+2, Surges left: 7/7
Initiative: +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Available
Powers: Magic Missile, Ray of frost, Thunderwave, Icy Terrain, Color Spray, Freezing Cloud (Not Memorized), Sleep (Memorized),
Expeditious Retreat (Memorized), Feather Fall (Not Memorized)

Dragonling: Furi-Zu
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 Speed 5, Fly 6 (hover)
HP: 1. a missed attack never damages it.
Constant Benefits: Can read and speak Draconic. When you spend a healing surge regain 2 additional HP.
Active Benefits: Dragons Breath. Once per encounter, use dragonling’s space as origin square for a close blast arcane attack power.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy disappears from sight after he was slammed by the enemy, reappearing behind the bushes near them. He drops his blade and pulls out his dagger, moving to stab the enemy in the back. After the attack, Murphy draws on the shadows near him and is protected by them.

[sblock=ooc]
Reaction sends Murphy to H3

Free: shroud on biker 2
Free: Drop bastard sword
Minor: Draw dagger
Standard: Army of the Night on Biker 2 -
vs will; dmg (1d20+13=19, 1d4+5+1+2d6=16) hits Will 19 for 16 damage
Minor: Shade Form - insubstantial and vulnerable 5 radiant

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 6
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:27/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Tonk shifts to I10.

"Ha-ha! You try run me over, but you all so stupid, you miss! I think maybe you want give up now, or your mama be real sad she have no boy who live!"

Then, Tonk swings...

//Standard: 'Kill Buddy Bash' -- 1d20+10+2=17 v. AC; 1d8+10+2d8=25 damage -- but this is probably a miss.

Next round, let's pick a target and team-up on him.

DM, are we going to have to kill the horses?! If so, let's knock out the horses, and keep them for mounts.//

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Janus misses, Murphy hits, Tonk misses. Just waiting on Dextyr today.

You don't have to kill the horses, but they will keep attacking you. You can just knock them unconscious like you do with any attack (non-lethal). In fact if there are just horses left, you can try nature checks to control them but not while their owners are around.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr stands up and unleashes a booming shout. He then calls out words of encouragement which revitalize Murphy.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move = Stand up from Prone
Standard = Shout of Triumph, targeting G10 to I12: vs Biker 1's horse; 1d20+6 (Shout of Triumph)=18, vs Biker 3 (or probably just his horse); 1d20+6 (Shout of Triumph)=18. If hit, 1d6+4=6 damage & push biker 1's horse back 3 squares to F14 and Biker 3 and his horse back 3 squares to L15. Tonk, Janus and Shorrin can all slide 3 squares if they would like to.
Minor = Majestic Word; Murphy can spend a HS+4 and slide 1 square
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the lack of narrative on this post - I'm swamped at work and just wanted to get Dex's turn in so the show can go on.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Shout of Triumph really opened up the map. Okay Dextyr hits and both of his pushes work (Biker 3 isn't hit but he chooses to stay on his horse as it slides)
I will give KenHood, changer, and OnlyTheStrong 24 hours to slide 3 squares
[/sblock]

Remove ads