[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

KenHood

First Post
"Hey, nice lady! Why for you look so sad? Maybe you need hug, yes?" says Tonk, spreading wide his massive half-orc arms...

//Uuuuuhhhh....

Let's see. That would be a diplo insight skill check: 1d20+9=16. Yeah.//

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin runs back to the group breathlessly, "Hey I hear when I was walking down the road..." His excitement turns to disappointment when he the rest of the group talking with the lady on the porch. They apparently knew much, much more than Shorrin did. "I'll go get my gear..."

[sblock=ooc]

LOL I rolled a streetwise check before reading the very last post... I succeeded, but it isn't needed.

Streetwise check (1d20+2=13)

Not that it matters LOL. GJ everyone![/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The lady on the porch looks up at Tonk and the others with surprise. She looks to be in late middle age, skin dark from the sun with wrinkles. Who youse? She seems taken aback at the half-orc's approach and holds up her hands. Don't you be huggin' me mister. Ain't right for no stranger be huggin' before introducing hisself.

She looks at the group expectantly.

[sblock=Skill Challenge] Success! You have made it to Isabelle's aunt. 350xp total, so 70 each. I will keep the total running since I still think we are missing an approval (unless we are up to speed without Saraz)[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin turns and looks at the older woman... "I am Shorrin, son of Jagar. The one who would like a hug is Tonk, my punch brother." Shorrin pauses a moment, then turns to Dextyr, "Introductions are best for the silver tongues."

renau1g

First Post
"Greetings, I be Murphy Tang, sailor, adventurer, scallywag, and all around problem solva. We be lookin' fer Isabelle? You be her?" Murphy asks, adding "Ah, don't be mindin' Tonk, he's a good sort, knows his way around a fight as goodasany I've sailed with"

johnmeier1

Explorer
The middle aged woman bares a passing resemblance to Isabelle when you look closer, but this is definitely not the girl you saved weeks ago. She shakes her head You sure a flatterer, boy. Nah, I ain't her... she gone. The woman returns to a despondent look and recites the following tale in a monotone.

She came hea bout tree weeks past, all sad and mopey. I tole her "Go out, get some air, and keep out'a trouble." Well, she kept two outta three. Them rough boys from down inna bayou came bout and she started chatting wit'em. Fore I knew it, she was ridin' they hawses and jumpin' offa dat cliff. Knew dat be da end of her. She ain't come back inna week or more. She gone...

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmmm, guess ya were right Tonk, they shoulda kept a better eye on her." Murphy says to the half-orc, "Maybe we should go an check it out?" he adds

DMDanW

First Post
"Fear not madame, my friends and I have rescued Isabelle from her foolishness once already, and we shall do so again." Dextyr states, smiling warmly at the emotionally defeated woman.

"Now perhaps you could tell us more about these 'boys from the bayou' she was last seen with. The more we know now, the sooner we will have her back safe with her family".

Dextyr looks back to Tonk and Murphy and speaks to them in a quieter tone, "..and this time a length of rope and a stationary object would be a good to employ"

johnmeier1

Explorer
They's down the road and into the swamps. No one else lives there but the Quileaux and their roudy boys. Ain't safe for normal folks, not that the girl likes em normal... she trails off and stares ahead sullenly.

Your group heads off down the road. The way is still visible here, but no more houses are apparent. The terrain has low trees and some rough rocks, but it is far enough inland to not be quite swampy yet. In the distance you hear thundering hooves, and after only a few moments riders appear ahead. When they come near, the lead turns slightly to the right and they begin riding around the group hooting and hollering and laughing. YEEEEHAWWW! Each one of the four is a big, hairy human wearing leather studded with an immense amount of chain attached. They have swords and shields strapped to their backs.

Git'on outta hea! GIT! chides one at you as they circle.

[sblock=OOC] I have a map for this on my other computer, but imagine a biker gang circling and mocking you. You can make a Knowledge Nature check for them (doesn't take an action)
[sblock=Nature 15] Shifters natrual humanoids. They are sometimes called “the weretouched” because they’re descended from lycanthropes. Shifters value their self-reliance, physical prowess, and freedom. They are spiritually drawn to gods of nature, the moon, and primal power.
[sblock=Nature 20]The longtooth hunter focuses on one enemy at a time. When its foe shifts away, it uses follow quarry to stay within striking distance. Against a highly mobile foe, the longtooth hunter uses hamstring. When injured, they become more ferocious.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads