[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

The shield slam doesn't miss... because it never went off lol. It's based on hitting with a melee attack. I assumed a 20 vs AC would hit, but ... that's what I get for thinking huh?

So lemme get this right, if you have a pet it's either you OR the pet's turn... and you share actions. If you have a mount... you both get turns.

That seems... stupid. [/sblock]

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeh, my wife plays a Ranger with a pack of Beagles for her pet.
We have a house rule that both get to move as a move action and both can attack if they only use a basic attack, otherwise if using a power its one or the other. We are still play testing but it seems to be working ok.

As a dog trainer in RL I can tell you when I ask my dogs to do a behaviour I have taught them it dose NOT take a standard action from me, just a word or a hand signal. Mind you D&D isn't real life. Though I'd better point that out, I get confused sometimes ;)
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOP]As the encounter was started with the old rules, keep playing with the old rules and the change to the rules takes affect AFTER the encounter is over.

Less Talking, More Gaming[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the rider hits Murphy with the attack a piece of shadow leaps from the assassin's armor and slams into his attacker, draining his vitality.

Murphy steps into the rider's shadow, leaving a lingering bit of the darkness behind on his chosen foe. He steps out of the rider's shadow, near Tonk. His feet are already moving quickly and with coordinated movements as the assassin steps into the rocky outcropping, hoping it can provide some cover against the charging beasts.

He slashes the air with his blade and three darts of pure obsidian materialize out of nothingness and spear towards the enemy he just left. Two of the darts are well wide, but they were meant to be, the main bolt flies right into the rider's chest and the shadows clinging to him begin to hungrily devour the lifeblood that begins oozing from the large wound.

Murphy's smile is cold as he whispers, "Ya shoulda been more careful when ya be wantin' someone ta be payin' attention to ya" as he spits towards his fallen foe.

[sblock=ooc]
*Immediate reaction last turn when Biker 2 hit Murphy - Deathcut Armor - necrotic (1d10+4=14) deals 14 necrotic.

Free: shroud on biker 2 (3 total)
Move: Shadow Step to H6
Minor: Activate Boots of the Fencing Master, shift to F8
Standard: Shadow Darts on Rider 2 (invoking shrouds) - vs ref (darts 1-3); first damage; second damage; third damage; shroud damage (1d20+9=12, 1d20+9=28, 1d20+9=15, 1d8+2+4=13, 1d8=2, 1d8=2, 3d6=10) I'm sure that 12 & 15 miss its reflex. 25 damage (forgot +2 damage from Gauntlets of Blood) + 14 earlier = 39 damage & kills him right?

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 6
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:28/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The heavily injured warhorse rears as Murphy disappears into shadow and turns towards his form as it returns nearby. The assassin strikes out and misses the horse though is misses him also. Tonk dodges the warhorse as well as it fails to ride him down. Janus jumps out of the way and swats feebly at it. Dextyr stops it finally with the flat of his longword.

The newly dismounted horse charges angrily and takes hits from Tonk and Murphy before it tramples Dextyr down to the ground after he hits it with his blade.

The rider by Shorrin grits big teeth and swings his sword at the dragonborn, cutting his legs again before riding his horse away from the crippled fighter.

The bloodied rider by Tonk begins to change, the hair on his chest and arms growing longer. He seems almost like a bear on hind legs still grasping his longsword that hits Tonk in the leg for a nasty wound, slowing him and causing a gushing wound. It ducks as it moves the horse away.

[sblock=mechanics] Warhorse 1 will move to G7 and trample, Murphy misses Roll Lookup with his AoO and dodges the trample Roll Lookup, then Tonk misses Roll Lookup the warhorse as is moves into his space and misses him Roll Lookup, next Dextyr gets an AoO and finally knocks it unconscious Roll Lookup

Warhorse 2 now on his own will try futily to trample also with Tonk hitting it Roll Lookup then it misses Roll Lookup and Murphy hits too Roll Lookup while barely missing Murphy Roll Lookup then Dextyr gets more horse and hits it Roll Lookup while the beast gets him Roll Lookup 8 damage and prone finally Janus misses Roll Lookup and crit fails Roll Lookup before ending the turn in I14

Biker 3 will try to hamstring Shorrin Longsword hits for 8 damage Roll Lookup then hits with follow up Roll Lookup to slow (save ends) him. It moves away from Shorrin and he swings a miss at the shifter Roll Lookup so it gets to O10

Biker 4 is bloodied and uses Shifting will attack Tonk with Longsword CRIT Roll Lookup for 15 damage and the follow up attack Roll Lookup hits Tonk to slow (save ends) him. It tries to move away and Tonk misses the shifter Roll Lookup moving to D3 and it regens 2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bear Cavalry] Finally got to use Longtooth Shifting!
attachment.php

[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin J13 32/50 1 AP slowed (save ends), marked by Biker 3
Murphy F8 28/45 1 AP
Janus H11 34/34 1 AP
Dextyr G10 25/43 0 AP prone
Tonk H8 16/44 0 AP +1 to AC TENT Tonk, marked by Biker 4, bloodied, slowed (save ends)
Horse 2 I14 -23hp
Biker 3 O10 -0hp marked by Shorrin
Biker 4 D3 -52hp bloodied
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• road5.jpg
    road5.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 93
  • bear cavalry 2.jpg
    bear cavalry 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 118

renau1g

First Post
Murphy's shoulder ached from where the shifter's hit him and the assassin is growing steadily angrier as the battle wears on. With agile steps, he moves into the treed area and up on the enemies flank. His sword moves in a series of quick feints, each one designed to throw his enemy a bit more off-balance. The rider falls for the tactic and leaves himself somewhat open to Murphy, likely his last mistake, as the assassin's blade suddenly flashes straight ahead in a brutal stab right into the enemy's chest.

Before withdrawing the weapon, Murphy twists the weapon and as before pulling it out, the blade seems to draw the very colour from the enemies skin. The blade flares briefly and then returns to its normal steel look and Murphy seems somewhat rejuvenated.

[sblock=ooc]

Free: shroud on biker 4
Move: to B4
Minor: Changeling's Trick on Biker 4 - bluff (1d20+14=25) if that beats his passive insight, cain CA TENT
Standard: Shadow Storm on Biker 4 - vs ac; dmg (1d20+14=28, 1d10+5+1+4+2+1=19) shoot...forgot to roll the shroud damage... shourd (1d6=5) if you allow it.

Damage is Dex mod, enhancement bonus, cha bonus (no adjacent enemies), 2 for being bloodied (Gauntlets of blood) + 1 for CA (Talon amulet) + 1 damage for each adjacent creature (only Murphy) = +13 damage

If that kills him gain 5 thp from sword.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 6
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:28/45+5thp, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

Remove ads