[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr crawls over and tries to help out Shorrin with the riderless horse. He begins singing an inspiring battle hymn while nailing the horse with the flat of his blade trying to subdue the creature.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move = crawl to G12
Standard = War Song Strike vs Horse 2 (non-lethal); 1d20+9 (War Song Strike)=20 (forgot the +2 for flanking, but -2 for attacking while prone cancels it out anyway); 1d8+4=12 damage & any ally who hits horse 2 before the end of Dextyrs next turn gets 3 temp hit points.
Minor = none
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"I have had enough of you hairball." Shorrin jumps into the air, spinning a complete circuit as he does so. His warhammer arcs toward the rider and he puts his entire frame behind the blow.

[sblock=mechanics]

Move: Pass Forward (move into a flanking position, may move up to my speed with no AoO as long as I end adjacent to the the target)

Standard: Villain's Menace (1d20+9=23 vs. AC, 2d10+5=15)
Hit: you gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls and a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against that target until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Gain +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against that target until the end of the encounter.

Free (if Villain's Menace hits): You push the target 1 square and knock it prone.
Shield Slam vs. Fort (1d20+7=27)

Free: Mark Target
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Shorrin was slowed, but using the same mechanics as Tonk you can Pass Forward and then move and then spend your AP to use Villain's Menace. With a speed of 2 any move action becomes 2, but the Pass Forward gets you away from the horse. Also roll your save![/sblock]

Shorrin charges at the final rider, his hammer striking the hairy rude-boy. His blow tries to push the rider off horse, but he clings on and reins in his mount. He whistles to the other horses as he rides towards Murphy, though he charges him down his longsword swings wide. The cornered horse tramples down Tonk and Janus in an effort to get to the others, taking hits along the way. Murphy is so distracted that the horse next to him kicks him in the head.

[sblock=mechanics] The rider chooses to have his mount move with the push and he saves 1d20=13 vs prone. Biker 3 will ride away from Shorrin (not adjacent) and charge Murphy and CRIT FAIL. Warhorse 2 tries to trample the surrounding foes (insert lots of rolls here) but Dextyr hits and is missed, Tonk misses and is knocked prone, Janus hits and is knocked prone. It ends next to Murphy, where Warhorse 4 will CRIT HOOF and shift 1 square.

Don't have my maps on me, so they will come this afternoon[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin N11 32/50 0AP
Murphy B4 16/45 1AP bloodied
Janus H11 19/34 1AP prone
Dextyr G12 25/43 0AP prone
Tonk G13 11/44 0AP +1 to AC TENT Tonk, marked by Biker 4, bloodied, slowed (save ends), prone
Biker 3 D5 -15hp marked by Shorrin, Shorrin gets +2 hit/+4 damage
Warhorse 2 B6 -45hp, Those that hit gain 3 temp hp, bloodied
Warhorse 4 C3 -5hp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=map] Sorry for the delay, have on!
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• road6.jpg
    road6.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 154

renau1g

First Post
"Little help" Murphy calls out.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll wait to see if someone wants to attempt a daring rescue to save their assassin in distress ;) [/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I have lost track - has Dextyr used both his majestic words this combat? I think that I have one left, but I would like to be sure. I know that he has used Inspiring word on himself and I believe that he used 1 on Tonk but I cannot recall using the other one.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr picks himself up off the ground and stumbles over to one of the large rock formations. Looking past he can see Murphy surrounded by the horses and the lone remaining rider.
"Murphy get yourself out of there" Dextyr shouts.

[SBLOCK=Mechanics]
Move Action = Stand up from prone
Standard Action = Move to E9
Minor Action = Majestic Word on Murphy; spend HS+4 and slide 1 square
[/sblock]

Remove ads