(Adventure) The Island of Varras'zul (Manzanita Judging) (Concluded)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Sailor's superstitions?! Live your life long enough upon the seas, land-lover and you'll be knowing these 'superstitions' for truth!" The Captain shook his head. "Me crew are fine. It be that accursed island is all... No one visits it. I see now why."

Mona smiled at Scun's remark. "Getting out of that island is a relief indeed. Captain, how much longer 'till we reach Orussus?"

"Two days, lass"

"Good. Since there is nothing else, this meeting is adjourned. I shall see you all in the morning" Mona walked out of the room and toward her own guarded quarters.

Ogrin
[sblock]
As Mona passed Ogrin by, he feels a light touch at his belt. He notices a folded slip of paper tucked into his belt.
[/sblock]

Rillian
[sblock]
Mona looks the same as before, but her change is indeed odd. Almost out of character. [/sblock]

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
"Comrades, after all the time we have spent together, I think we have come to have an understanding of each others personality. I am concerned that Mona's personality has suddenly changed since she read that bood. Along with the warnings of the spider or spirit, I think there is reason to believe that Mona has been possessed. There are secrets she kept from us before we got the book, and it may be that she expected something like this. Can we allow her to land possibly possessed by some great evil? What say you?"

Brain

First Post
"Be careful about such accusations. I don't take such words lightly. I will prepare a spell tomorrow to detect evil and scan the people on board if you want me to."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Eh... protracted? Prosiferated? Po... eh... yeah, what? Can that... happen? Ye mean, Ah can be walkin' along an' then... read a book an' lose me mind? T'some loose... spirit-thinger? Eh... Ah think Ah'm feelin' sick ag'in..." Razh holds his stomach and lurches towards the rail. But as he walks, he throws wary glances out at anybody who comes near him, especially the crew.

rln

Explorer
"Well, is that such a weird thing, to finally let down your guard when you've found what you've searched for; finally on safe ground or water or whatever and on your way to fulfill your goal? I, for one, feel quite relaxed, knowing that those bugs can't swim and there's a large ocean between us and them.

"But I can see you're not convinced. I'll try talking to her in private, see if I can find something out. She might open up to me, a fellow halfling. Anything in particular you'd like me to snoop around for?"

To Nimisgod:
Ogrin discreetly reads the note, hiding it from the others.

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
"Ogrin, I am suggesting that she might not be a halfling. Or at least what is controlling her might not be. Nezrak, you know about magic. Did Mona ever show us that she had magic strong enough to deal with the curse on that book? This is not an accusation, I am concerned for Mona, and for what we might have done."

Xael

First Post
"Well, the curse didn't seem like the type that takes control, but there's always a possibility of other curse of something else. There should be somewhat easy spell to counter mind-control. But only temporarily. Long-lasting domination would outlive the protection easily. But if we could cast the protection spell at Mona again, she would be again temporarily freed from the mind-control, and could tell us if there actually is such a thing. The problem is that I don't know that spell yet. Scun, can you also prepare Protection From Evil?", Nezrak says. "But if she's mind-controlled, I should be able to tell by analyzing her magical auras. But we'll be crystal clear if Scun casts the protection spell at her. But if we're wrong, she's going to be pretty mad."

Xael

First Post
"And if she indeed is under some kind of mind-control, and we manage to temporarily suppress it, she needs to convince the Captain of this in the very short time she regains her senses and will. We really don't want to start fighing with the crew about this."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ogrin

[sblock] It is a handwritten note in Halfling: Meet me ondeck one hour after midnight later. I have something to give you and to tell you.[/sblock]

Remove ads