• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

Zerth

First Post
"Why riddles? Why unknown person give us stupid riddle? Is this just some foolish game someone is playing with us? Durg not like being anyone's fool," the half-orc says. He is irritated, because he feels he can't help with solving the riddle.

Xael

First Post
Xariom frowns. "I pretty much agree with Durg. Why would somebody give us a clue, even less a riddle? But I fear we have no other options than play along for now.", he says.

IcyCool

First Post
fuzzy said:
"That makes some sense, Semabin, but why would a stoneworker have one, and what of the line about a pretty penny?"

"Maybe the riddle refers to a deity?" Deos thinks about it for a moment before saying, "It could be a word puzzle of some sort, does anyone know what the Dwarven words for doing and many are?"

OOC: Gnomeworks, does Deos know of any god that might match the riddle? Or is there a cipher hidden within the text?

Knowledge (Religion) +7
Decipher Script +7

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Deos
"If I remember correctly, Jamaris sweety, you said that the bandana-wearing fellow talked in a funny way. Does this sound like something he might say?"

Jamaris takes the letter, and considers it for a moment. "Seeing it doesn't exactly work the same as hearing, you understand... but the words he used were an odd mix of those that a scholar and a child would use, at the same time. It is possible that he wrote it, perhaps even likely... though why would he have it planted on you, if he wrote it?" He hands the note back to Deos.

Cas looks thoughtful. "Maybe it's a game, like hide 'n seek?"

Jamaris looks to Cas and shakes his head, but says nothing.

Remove ads