(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg is glad to see Semabin join the group of adventurers. "Durg is honored to share more time traveling with Semabin."

The half-orc notices the Sairundani warrior is wearing a new armor. "I see you bought new armor."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Okay, I guess 'at's everybody!" Cas exclaims.

"The shop is in the market." He says. "Follow me!"

With that, he heads off towards the center of Orussus. Following him, you find that the market isn't very far from the Red Dragon. After traveling only a few streets, you find yourselves in a huge bazaar, packed full with people. Cas slows down, ensuring that you're able to keep up with him.

After being jostled many times by the crowd, you manage to emerge on the other side. Cas points to a small shop, nestled amongst several others; it bears the sign "Jamaris' Jewelry."

"That's the one!" Cas exclaims. He then enters the shop, holding the door open for the group.

Inside, the shop is relatively small. Several counters, made of glass, are set throughout the shop; each of these contain a variety of jewelry, ranging from cheap trinkets to what look like well-made necklaces and bracelets of gold set with various gems. In the middle of the shop is a glass podium, with many locks and latches; however, whatever was held in it before is obviously not present. There is a small door in the far back of the store.

"Cas, is that you?" A voice calls from beyond the door, slightly muffled.

"Yeah! Jamaris, I found some adventurerers for you!" Cas yells, and shuffles his feet.

"Good!" The voice calls, and the door in the back opens. Out steps a tall, thin man. His hair is graying, and his face shows that he is middle-aged.

"Good." He repeats, taking a look at the group. He then approaches you.

"I am Jamaris, and I am the owner of this shop. As I'm certain Cas has told you, we are missing a valuable gem. You are willing to find and return it?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Durg said:
"Durg is honored to share more time traveling with Semabin."
"Thank you Durg, it is a honor for me to travel with you as well."

Durg said:
"I see you bought new armor."
"Yes, indeed. I think it fits me a bit better, though it is also a bit limiting."

Jamaris said:
"As I'm certain Cas has told you, we are missing a valuable gem. You are willing to find and return it?"
"We are, yes." Semabin smiles friendly. "As far as I understood Cas, it was in that glass podium?" He looks at the heavily secured podium, in slight disbelief that something could be stolen from there.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Semabin
"As far as I understood Cas, it was in that glass podium?"

Jamaris nods. "Yes, it was. As you can see, it is very well-secured. I'm not certain how anyone could break into it without having a key, without leaving a mark of some kind."

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Jamaris said:
Jamaris nods. "Yes, it was. As you can see, it is very well-secured. I'm not certain how anyone could break into it without having a key, without leaving a mark of some kind."
"So there are no clues? Nothing at all? When this happened?" the tall half-orc asks.

Hrmph. I no good at detective jobs. Hope others can find something.

Otakkun

Explorer
Zander Blerdrik

"If you don't mind I'd like to take a closer look at the place from where it was taken" replies Zander, waiting for the owners permission to do a good search.

OOC: Search +6

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Please!" Jamaris says, and gestures to the case.

Zander -
You take a long, hard look at the case. There are five latches and five locks, all deviously interconnected so that all five locks must be unlocked before the latches will open and allow access to what is inside. However, you find no sign of tampering (Search: 7 + 6 = 13).

Knight Otu

First Post
"What kind of gem is it? You appear to have a lot of valuable jewelery in your shop, but you took extra care to secure that gem. Is it a heirloom, or maybe magical?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Semabin
"What kind of gem is it? You appear to have a lot of valuable jewelery in your shop, but you took extra care to secure that gem. Is it a heirloom, or maybe magical?"

"It was a family heirloom, yes." Jamaris says. "From the days of Medibaria, when it was a mighty empire. It was given to my ancestors - jewelers, as well - to be placed in an elaborate setting of gold; however, before the work could begin, the empire fell apart, and the gem was forgotten. It has been in the family ever since."

Last edited:

Remove ads