(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

Zerth

First Post
Durg

"Family gem? Who want to steal only family gem and not take anything else?" Durg wonders. "Does Mr. Jamaris know any other, who like the gem very much?" Durg asks.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Considering that the thief only took that particular gem - and they most certainly would've been able to take others - they either wanted it for its history, or they saw something else in it," Tumna says in an off-handed manner, currently eyeing the other pieces of jewelry present.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

Dalamar said:
"Get down on all four and bark like a dog?"
Tumna starts laughing, imagining Deos doing just that.

With a sly smile, Deos remains quiet as they follow Cas to the shop. After Jamaris gives his brief explanation, Deos starts looking around the shop for anything ... odd. As he strolls casually around the shop he asks, "Nothing else was taken? Was there any damage? Any sign that someone may have broken in?"

OOC: Deos is taking his time and searching the rest of the shop for any signs of forced entry and the like (Search +3 untrained). After that he will take a look at the case.

Xael

First Post
Xariom watches as his companions search the case for clues, fortunately used to feeling rather stupid standing around with his armor and weapons. He then points at the door at the back. "Where does the door lead? Back room or outside?"

Otakkun

Explorer
Zander

"Well, that lock looks incredibly complicated and I can't see anything that wuld sugest tampering. Who knows the combination of this vault besides you?" Zander was intrigued, from what he had seen this gem was either taken from someone familiar with the lock or by an accomplished thief.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Deos
"Nothing else was taken? Was there any damage? Any sign that someone may have broken in?"

"Nothing else was taken." Jamaris says. "No damage, no signs. When we opened the shop this morning, the gem was gone."

Deos -
Taking a glance at the door, you notice some small scratches on the bolt of the lock; the gouges look like they were caused by a very small hooked instrument. However, the rest of the room looks clean to you. (Search: 16 + 3 = 19)

You then examine the case. It has five locks, all of which are deviously interconnected so that all locks must be unlocked in sequence in order for the case to open. (Search: 9 + 3 = 12)

Xariom
"Where does the door lead? Back room or outside?"

"A back room. My workshop, really. It's quite small, but adequate for doing my work."

Zander
"Well, that lock looks incredibly complicated and I can't see anything that wuld sugest tampering. Who knows the combination of this vault besides you?"

"I carry the keys for the locks at all times." Jamaris says quickly, retriving a keyring from a pocket. "They never leave my sight."

fuzzy said:
OOC: is this adventure still open to new characters? specifically a psionic one

OoC: If the rest of the group is alright with it, I don't see a problem with it. Cas forgot to take down the sign at the Red Dragon, so it could be reasonable for another person to join in. But I'll leave that decision to the group, as we've already got six people, which is quite big for an adventure. But if they don't have a problem with it, then neither do I. :)

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Has somebody shown interest in the gem any time recently?" Tumna asks Jamaris, finished with looking around for now. "And why do you keep a family heirloom out in the open like that anyway?"

OoC: I have no objection for one more adventurer. If the reward stays the same, or course ;)

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg tires of asking questions as he gets the feeling their host isn't very interested in talking to him. He just waits and hopes the others can find some clues, so they could move past this dull phase of ask and answer. Durg doesn't excel in talking and generally prefers more straight-forward methods. Which, of course, are currently of no use.

Remove ads