• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
"Architecture and cartography, not my department," he gives another apologetic shrug. "I feel certain the building will be identifiable as belonging to House Cannith though."

Otakkun

Explorer
Well, this certainly wasn't going to be an easy task. Not only they needed to go to the Mournlands, but they also had to just "find" a laboratory in Easton with no clue about its location.

There was one other thing that was bothering him though. He somehow doubted that house Cannith knew about their job, and that meant that they could have some unwanted company once they found their target ... or even after bringing it back.

Looking carefully at the man to notice any reactions, he carefully words his next question.

"Should we expect ... company there? I just want to know if it is ok for us to deal with any other interested parties with ... diligence."

hornedturtle

First Post
[sblock=occ] I vote for Aruldusk, I mean how hard could it be to rent a boat? Also it puts us closest to our goal and keeps us out of the mist as much as possible [/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
"Company?" he looks a bit confused. "Well, I suspect you'll run into plenty of monstrous things, although I know not what form they will take. I've never entered The Mist myself. If you are asking if there are other people from without seeking these notes, it is that I do not know. I certainly have sent no one else ahead of you, nor will I send anyone behind you; at least, not for several moons. After that time I would begin to suspect you would not return."

Mezegis

First Post
Well, says the bard, I do not have anymore questions regarding the maps. Since speed is of the essence, I think we may take the route through Aruldusk, or at least, that’s my vote. With five of us, I think a simple majority rules style of decision making is best. I do have a question regarding the pay, or more specifically, the 3 day time limit. When does this time start, right now, in the morning, once we leave your door? Also, when will we be receiving our advance? I have a bit of shopping I’d like to do, and my urgency there depends on where we stand with the time issue.

Thalin smoothly pockets their return token as he stands, and slowly assembles his pack, making ready to leave, but clearly allowing others to interrupt him if needed.

LadyLaw

First Post
"It wasn't 3 days, it was 36 hours," he corrected gently. "That'd be a day and a half, which if you go by way of Aruldusk should be no problem at all, I would think. As I said, that would start when you set out, which I presume will be in the morning. I will be happy to distribute your advance as soon as you are ready to leave the premises. I'm certain you're eager to gather up your remaining supplies for tomorrow's journey."

[sblock=ooc]Effectively, once you're all ready to leave his house I've gotta make sure your sheets all get 2 approvals so I'm allowed to hand out your advance. That might take a minute, so I hope you'll bear with me. XD

Strike that. Re-reading the players guide it only says you can't get exp without two approvals. Well, I might work on it anyway, just to be on the safe side. I do want you all approved and all that, and I'm sure you'd prefer it that way too. So, if it takes me a day or so to get you moving, it's because that's what I'm working on.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
"Very well then, it seems things are settled," says Colgrave. He casts an eye over his soon-to-be allies, addressing all of them: "does anybody have any suggestions or requests with regard to the use of our advance? I'm open to pooling those resources if anybody has a more sizeable purchase in mind that might be of assistance in the task at hand."

Otakkun

Explorer
"Seems that we're all set then. Fastest route it is. We should bring with us some rations, water, potions and little else, so that we won't loose time with excess luggage, specially since we'll need to take whatever boat we find in there."

Remove ads