Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Farce

First Post
Seros studies the constructs, allowing them to make the first move as he draws his chain and twirls it defensively in front of him.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Draw chain
Standard: Total Defense[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
Funny how that worked, I had that as one of Seros' goals is to have contructs as allies, through summons and through the magic items. Once I get around to his wishlist I plan to have some of the wondrous items on there. That's part of the allure of the Artificer, the whole construct thing is lots of fun. [/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Lightning flickers from the gem and strikes the nearest rusted construct, then then arcs between the rest of them and into the wrecked ship to the north. The rusty constructs are now glowing faintly green and the air smells of ozone and hot metal.

The clumsy, rusted constructs strain and struggle to move, metal and wood frames groaning. They make their way across the beach, sand and rust flakes raining down from their creaking joints as they clomp onto the dock towards the ship.

Everyone is focused on them and doesn't notice the seventh construct until it leaps over the railing and lands next to Shrakk. This one is like the others at first glance, but it has a glowing green crystal the size of a fist embedded in its back, is free of rust, and it moves smooth and fast.

As it lands on the deck, the crystal on its back flares and a swirling, burning, caustic cloud envelops two-thirds of the Nexal. The construct vanishes into the acidic mist...

[sblock=This is how I roll]I'm going to use the built-in Masterplan dice roller to save myself some time rolling the enemy attacks (so, no Invisible Castle for monster rolls), just for player ones. I will let you know what they hit (AC 25, Reflex 16, etc).

I check this fairly often(couple times a day usually), so I'll roll monster OAs too, until you take a basic attack from that monster - then I'll post its OA stats.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stunts]If you want to try something crazy that isn't covered by the rules, I allow stunts using almost any skill, not just Acrobatics. Just let me know what you want to do, what skill you think it uses, and roughly what effect you're going for, and I'll let you know the skill DC.[/sblock]

[sblock=Green Acid Cloud]Creatures that move into or start their turns inside the cloud take 1d6 Acid damage. The area is light obscurement; it grants concealment to creatures inside it or attacked through it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 17]The one that vanished into its acid cloud is still on the ship, just hidden by the swirling acidic mist (F-3)[sblock=Perception 21]The one hidden inside the shack is still there and hasn't moved yet (K-10)[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Seros: K-2, +2 defenses TSNT
Kasha: J-2
Frost: K-1
RAM TIGER: J-1, 10 THP
Shrakk: I-2

Rusted Construct 1: L-5, ?
Rusted Construct 2: M-7, ?
Rusted Construct 3: M-8, ?
Rusted Construct 4: M-10, ?
Rusted Construct 5: N-11, ?
Rusted Construct 6: Q-12, ?
Gem Beacon: A-24, ?
Green Crystal Construct: ?[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Water: All water within 3 squares of the shore or pooled on land is difficult terrain. Otherwise, it's deep enough that DC 10 Athletics (swim) checks are required.

Wrecks: The broken ships are difficult terrain that provide cover if you are in them, total cover if you are behind them.

Large Rock to the South: The rocky area to the south is 5' above the beach where it meets the water. It requires a DC 18 Athletics (climb) check to climb onto it from the North or West sides, but from the East the beach is high enough that you can just walk onto it.

Cliffs: The cliffs are steep and still slick from the storm. Climbing them requires a DC 22 Athletics (climb) check. The gem is set 40' up the cliff.

Cliff Paths: The paths up the cliffs cost an extra square of movement to go up (away from the beach) but normal to go down. Anything on the paths has cover from the cliffs against anything below.

Dock: The dock is 5' above the water. Moving off of it takes no additional movement, but getting back onto it is a DC 15 Athletics (climb) check.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
BeachRound1b.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll post in the morning. How are we doing initiative? Are we just going in a 'turn as you post' order or what?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, whoever posts first goes first now that the first round is over. Once everyone has gone then the enemies go all at once, then PCs in any order, etc.

In an unrelated note, I noticed that the Gem Beacon didn't show up on this map for some reason, though it did last time. Strange. It's still at A-24, atop the cliff.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Quick question: do the enemies count as having acted in this encounter, for the purposes of Kasha's First Strike ability? Did the encounter begin with a surprise round for the enemies in which they came to life and stuff, or is this now the first round of the encounter, with the enemies (except for the green crystal guy) not yet having acted?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Quick question: do the enemies count as having acted in this encounter, for the purposes of Kasha's First Strike ability? Did the encounter begin with a surprise round for the enemies in which they came to life and stuff, or is this now the first round of the encounter, with the enemies (except for the green crystal guy) not yet having acted?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Seros went before them, then they all went, now it is your turn(s). So, they all acted (moving towards you from where they were on the beach to the dock). None have them have attacked (made an attack roll), but acted, yes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

RickRoll

First Post
Frost growls in pain as the acidic cloud causes a minor burn on the shifter. He draws his spiked chain and leaps into the air, off the pier and into the water with a loud splash, moving around the constructs flank. With a heavy effort, the warrior swings the weapon at his elevated foe and the chain slams into the creature, drawing its attention.

[sblock=Actions]
Takeacid (1d6=1) 1 acid damage at start of turn
Minor: Draw weapon
Move: Move to N4 - Jump to M3 athletics (1d20+11=28). With +11 Frost won't need to make a swim check to get to N4.
Standard: Reaping Strike on L5 - vs ac; dmg (1d20+10=26, 2d4+7=11) should hit for 11 damage and mark L5 construct.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]FrostMale Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2 Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-Light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:34/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Reaping Strike
Dual Strike
Longtooth Shifting
Funneling Fury
Battle Fury Stance
Villian's Menace

Conditions:

Full sheet: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Frost_(RickRoll) [/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
It's literally a day at the beach, and RAM TIGER has just enjoyed a relaxing trip at sea. He was probably more content than usual when suddenly some thing walks up out of nowhere and hurts him.

RAM TIGER rushes farther into the caustic cloud. The sound of snarling, thrashing and squealing metal is heard.

RNAAAAAGHAGHAGHAGH!!!
________/

[sblock=Actions]Damage: RAM TIGER takes 1 damage.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 = 22
Move: To G3
Standard: Bash and Pinion on creature in F3; 1d20+7= 22 vs. AC; 9 damage; target slides to G4; is grabbed by RAM TIGER; until grab ends the target takes -4 to attack rolls; grab ends automatically at the end of RAM TIGER's next turn. Target is also marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]

RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 1

Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 10

AC: 18, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:10 -- Speed:7

HP:27/27 (9 temps), Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10

Initiative +4, Action Points: 1

Powers: Grappling Strike, Threatening Rush, Combat Agility, Combat Challenge, Ferocious Charge, Bash and Pinion, Second Wind, Flanking Assault

Opportunity Attack: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 damage.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
Seros' skin burns as the acid eats at him, but the deva doesn't let it bother him, he's endured worse. Seros spins around in an arc and hurls his chain at the closest target and it slams into the construct with tremendous force. Just as quickly, it reappears in the deva's waiting hands, he quickly drops down to the water, following Frost off the pier, but his athletic ability is nowhere near the shifters.

[sblock=ooc]
*Ouch, good thing I'm not Epileptic Sanzuo.... ;)
acid (1d6=1)

Standard: Magic Weapon against L5 enemy - vs ac; dmg (1d20+10=30, 2d4+5=8) crit for 16 damage (if it enough to kill it, just knock it out) and Shrakk gains +1 power bonus to hit and +4 power bonus to damage rolls TENT
crit damage (1d6=2)
Move: to L2 athletics (1d20+2=10) if needed to drop safely without taking damage

+1 to attack and damage rolls against constructs for the rest of the adventure.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Seros Male Deva Artificer 2 Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
HP:30/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Magic Weapon
Static Shock
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes
Healing Infusion (x2)
Scouring Weapon
Swift Mender
Punishing Eye

Conditions: