Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Sanzuo

First Post
The red one is pretty.

RAAAAAAAAGH!!
_______/
ramtiger.png

[sblock=Translation]
.........RED!!
_______/
ramtiger.png

[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Yellow it is," Kasha pronounces, though she eyes RAM TIGER with a certain amount of wary caution. She steers a course wide of the island's pensinsula, aiming for the cove that (hopefully) lies beyond.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
By general (spoken) consensus the ship turns to the east, sailing along the shore. RAM TIGER stands at the rail, staring intently at the red beacon, with occasional quizzical looks at the others as though trying to figure out why its getting smaller and not bigger since his ship should obviously be going towards RED.

Everyone else breaths a sigh of relief as the ship rounds the cliff, the now-experienced Kasha carefully guiding the ship through the relatively calm yet still-dangerous shallow waters between the reefs and the island. As the ship passes around the cliff, a small harbor comes in to view.

Long ago, a massive stone statue once stood somewhere near here, perhaps on the cliffs. Now, the only remaining evidence is a huge stone hand resting against the gem-cliff and a huge stone head further down the beach. Both are so weathered they might be thousands of years old...

A crude but functional wooden dock runs out into the water with a small shack at the end of it. A wagon with a couple barrels on it sits next to the shack. A smattering of other buildings lie in ruins on the shore and the rotting hulks of a few small ships moldering in the shallows and battered rowboat is drawn up on the shore and tethered to the dock.

Beyond the dock the cliffs rise up abruptly after a short stretch of sandy beach. A couple steep paths lead up the cliffs.

On the beach, a collection of half-a-dozen metal humanoid statues stand rusting in the sand. On the cliff above it is the yellow beacon, now clearly visible as a flickering gem the size of someone's head anchored by metal brackets into the stone of the cliff.

As the ship nears the dock, a bolt of green lightning strikes the gem and it turns green, strobing and flashing violently with the energy of the lightning, smaller arcs of lightning shooting off into the rocks, the broken down ships, some even reaching as far as the dock itself.

Working together with the practiced familiarity of an intense 24 hours of hard sailing, the group gets the ship quickly lashed to the dock.

You have reached the Island of Sakara. Now to find the workshop...

[sblock=Seros]The constructs look almost exactly like the crew do under their heavy clothing. The only difference is these seem to be completely inactive and immobile, covered with rust and worn by wind and weather, sand drifting against them up to their knees.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 21]You can see what might be a few of more of the immobile metal statues through a small window in the shack and in the wreck to the north.[/sblock]

[sblock=Exploring the Beach]Nothing like a numbered grid showing up that says "Danger, what danger?" Anyway, let me know where your character is at on any square of the Nexal.

Please upload a CB File (preferably) or a working link to your L4W Character sheet so I can enter you into Masterplan.

If you're using a default CB Portrait for your character, then no need to upload a different portrait. If you're using a custom portrait, upload it. If you don't have a portrait, let me know and I'll pick one for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Water: All water within 3 squares of the shore or pooled on land is difficult terrain. Otherwise, it's deep enough that DC 10 Athletics (swim) checks are required.

Wrecks: The broken ships are difficult terrain that provide cover if you are in them, total cover if you are behind them.

Large Rock to the South: The rocky area to the south is 5' above the beach where it meets the water. It requires a DC 18 climb check to climb onto it from the North or West sides, but from the East the beach is high enough that you can just walk onto it.

Cliffs: The cliffs are steep and still slick from the storm. Climbing them requires a DC 22 climb check. The gem is set 40' up the cliff.

Cliff Paths: The paths up the cliffs cost an extra square of movement to go up (away from the beach) but normal to go down. Anything on the paths has cover from the cliffs against anything below.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
BeachRound0.jpg

[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER will be anxious to leave the boat as soon as possible. He clearly doesn't enjoy being cooped up for long periods of time.

[sblock=ooc]PUT ME IN L1.
_______/

[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
"Excellent work everyone. I am intrigued to see that the figures on the beach bear an uncanny resemblance to our crewman. I would like to study this, shall we venture onto the beach? Nothing ventured, nothing gained, they always say" Seros comments and begins walking down the docks.

[sblock=ooc]
Seros will begin moving down the dock towards P10, barring anything happening to him in the meantime or some other event transpiring.

Wiki sheet is here: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Seros_%28Farce%29
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha is also keen to get off the boat and feel solid ground beneath her feet again. Sailing may be in her blood, but she was raised a landlubber.

[sblock=OOC]Positioning: K2.

Character Sheet: Wiki link is in my sig. CB file is attached to this post.[/sblock]

[sblock=Portrait]Geez, there sure aren't many decent pictures of female half-orcs to choose from. This is the best I could manage.
martalw37l86uaw7od.jpg

jymartalw37l86uaw7odj
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Kasha sheet.dnd4e
    85.7 KB · Views: 76

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=RickRoll]Your wiki page seems to be blank?[/sblock]

[sblock=Farce]Has Seros's kicker always been related to constructs? I didn't look at anyone's sheets until now. If so, you seem to have ended up in exactly the right adventure...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads