Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Farce

First Post
Seros follows the others as they move, he tosses a look over his shoulder at RAM TIGER. The deva's hand crackles with electricity as Seros is ready for anything to come out the door.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll add my voice to the others, awesome job Iron Sky. I was kinda waiting on the scouts to lead the action.

Minor - draw weapon
Move to N10
Standard - ready Static Shock on first enemy that comes within 5 - vs ref; dmg (1d20+5=7, 1d8+4=9) miss

+1 to attack and damage rolls against constructs for the rest of the adventure.
*White Lotus Riposte - if Seros hits enemy with arcane at-will and it attacks him it takes 4 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Seros Male Deva Artificer 2 Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
HP:30/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Magic Weapon
Static Shock
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes
Healing Infusion (x2)
Scouring Weapon
Swift Mender
Second Wind
Punishing Eye

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:pC:Seros (Farce) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Shrakk starts hostilities as soon as he notices he's been spotted.

Radiant Vengeance on White Construct: 20 vs Reflex, 8 radiant damage.
Shrakk, gainst 4 Temp HP.

Shrakk's Stat Block
[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Pursuit Avenger 1
HP 29/29, Temp HP 4
Initiative +6
AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
AP 1, Surges 7/9
Angelic Alacrity []
Iron Mind [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [ ]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
Concerned mostly with licking his wounds and plodding along with the group, not really paying attention, RAM TIGER doesn't notice anything amiss until Shrakk's magical attack startles him into alertness. What was in the dark hole? Was it treasure? Food? The others were beating him to it! This would not stand!

RAM TIGER bounds forward, kicking up tufts of sand and rudely pushing his way to the fore of the battle.

[sblock=Actions]Double move to J10[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 1

Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 10

AC: 18, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:10 -- Speed:7

HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/10

Initiative +4, Action Points: 1

Powers: Grappling Strike, Threatening Rush, Combat Agility, Combat Challenge, Ferocious Charge, Bash and Pinion, Second Wind, Flanking Assault

Opportunity Attack: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 damage.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Something's up," Kasha mutters as Shrakk comes to a halt up ahead. "I'm going to back him up." She hustles forward over the dunes to within easy speaking distance of the Gith. "Hey!" she hisses, "what's up?"

Peering ahead, though, she can see for herself. "More of these metal creeps. Hmph. New flavours, too. Don't go racing on ahead, you hear? They've seen us, so if they want a piece of us then they can come out here in the open and get it." She motions to the right side of the cave, as they face it. "You take that side, I'll take the other, and I'd bet my last copper that the gnoll goes straight at them. We'll come in from the flanks and take 'em to pieces."

Frost sees the others stop and the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, something's wrong, so he quickly draws his weapon and strides forward through the sand

Seros follows the others as they move, he tosses a look over his shoulder at RAM TIGER. The deva's hand crackles with electricity as Seros is ready for anything to come out the door.

Shrakk starts hostilities as soon as he notices he's been spotted.

Concerned mostly with licking his wounds and plodding along with the group, not really paying attention, RAM TIGER doesn't notice anything amiss until Shrakk's magical attack startles him into alertness. What was in the dark hole? Was it treasure? Food? The others were beating him to it! This would not stand!

RAM TIGER bounds forward, kicking up tufts of sand and rudely pushing his way to the fore of the battle.

---

The constructs come charging out of the cave in response to Shrakk's attack, but he fends off the swinging, heavy fists of the black crystal constructs, and the psychic slam of the white.

[sblock=Perception 14]There's a faint purple glimmer in the cave. There's another one in the shadows somewhere near the north wall.[sblock=Perception 18]And another near the south wall.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Black Crystal Construct 1 charges Shrakk, getting AC 25, hit, for 4 damage and Shrakk is marked.

Black Crystal Construct 2 charges Shrakk, getting AC 13, miss.

White Crystal Construct 1 charges Shrakk, getting an automatic miss vs Will.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Shrakk: J13, marked(BCC1)
RAM TIGER: G10, 8 damage taken
Kasha: K10, 7 damage taken
Frost: L9
Seros: N10, 1 damage taken

Black Crystal Construct 1
: J14
Black Crystal Construct 2: K14
White Crystal Construct 1: I14, Reflex 13, 8 damage taken
[/sblock]

[sblock=PC Movement]It's difficult terrain in the sand, so I reduced some people's movements accordingly. Also, I just assumed Seros didn't ready an action and just double-moved instead.[/sblock]

[sblock=Pacing]Thanks for the comments everyone, glad people are enjoying it. I'll keep up what I'm doing then![/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]The sand is all difficult terrain(including J16, J17, K16, K17 inside the cave).

The cave is bright light within the sandy area, dim light in the slightly darker area, and complete darkness in the darkest areas. If anyone has a light source out let me know, so I can change the light levels appropriately when you get close to the cave.

The marble pillars block movement and provide cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
CaveRound2.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
Seros fights against the sand to move closer to his allies, the deva spots something in the caves, only a glimmer of something that he can't quite make out.

"Be wary, there may be additional enemies in the cave." Seros announces to his allies, then throws his chain at the damaged white construct and adds "Shrakk, duck!" as the weapon changes into a line of acid that after it strikes the foe returns to Seros' hands as a normal chain.

[sblock=ooc]

Minor -
Move - to M11
Standard - Scouring weapon on white construct - vs ac; ref (1d20+10=22, 4d4+6=17) hits AC 22 for 17 damage and it takes a -2 to AC TENT

+1 to attack and damage rolls against constructs for the rest of the adventure.
*White Lotus Riposte - if Seros hits enemy with arcane at-will and it attacks him it takes 4 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Seros Male Deva Artificer 2 Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
HP:30/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Magic Weapon
Static Shock
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes
Healing Infusion (x2)
Scouring Weapon
Swift Mender
Second Wind
Punishing Eye

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:pC:Seros (Farce) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Or, yeah, just stand there and let them all dogpile you. That's fine too," Kasha rails at Shrakk as she dashes to his side, as fast as she can manage with her boots sinking in and kicking up the soft sand all around.

Still, the situation doesn't seem unworkable. The white construct is off-balance, still focused on Shrakk as she approaches. She comes in low and fast, punishing her foe with a swift rising slash which cuts in underneath its guard and then rends upwards with an extra twist in the hopes of causing some structural damage.

[sblock=OOC]Move to I13

Clever Strike on White Construct - since Shrakk is adjacent and can attack it, Kasha gains Combat Advantage for the attack.
1d20+9=28 vs AC.

Damage: 1d8+4=8

Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6+3=7.

Use Furious Assault racial power for an extra 1d8 damage: 1d8=1.

+1 damage from training during the voyage, as she's adjacent to Shrakk.

Total damage = 17[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 9, Passive Perception 9, Low-light vision

HP 15/22 Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 3/6
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 16, Will 12
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 1

Encounter Powers: Torturous Strike
Furious Assault
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
-

Consumables:

14 gp

Buffs/Effects:
+1 to all skill checks while on board the Nexal
+1 to saving throws and damage while adjacent to an ally
+1 on skill checks if an ally makes the same check during the same round[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Kasha's blade tears through the center of the construct, gutting it. As it falls to the sand, the gem on its back detonates in Kasha's face, sending her reeling. Shrakk manages to avoid the blast and that also tears into the black construct, staggering it.

[sblock=Crystal Detonation]The exploding crystal gets 19 Will on Kasha, hit, 14 Will on Shrakk, miss, and 18 Will on Black Crystal Construct 1, hit, for 9 psychic damage, 14 on Black Crystal Construct 1(vulnerable 5 psychic) and dazed(save ends).[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha's end-of-turn save vs. dazed]1d20+1=15, saved.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Combat Turn]I didn't enforce the 48 hr. turn rule since it was Memorial Day, but I'll run the next round tomorrow afternoon(so, 24 hours or so to post from now).[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER moves up to one of the remaining constructs, slipping as the creature dodges and eating a mouthful of sand. Not to be dismayed, he lunges up and tries again, getting the same result.

[sblock=actions]Move: to K13
Attack: Bash and Pinion creature in K14 1d20+7=11 miss. The target is marked.
Action Point: Grappling Strike creature in K14 1d20+7=11 miss.[/sblock]

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
_______/
ramtiger.png

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Shrakk swears an oath against the damaged black construct next to him and swings his fullblade, but the construct is still cognizant enough to avoid the blow.

[sblock=Shrakk's Actions]Minor: Oath of Emnity on Black Crystal Construct 1
Standard: Overwhelming Strike, 1d20+7+2=13, miss.
Note: Made two rolls because I forgot that Oath only worked with no other enemies adjacent, ignored the second one.[/sblock]

Frost struggles forward through the sand and lashes out at the constructs with his chain, landing a strong blow on the damaged construct but missing the other.

[sblock=Frost's Actions]Move: Move to K12
Standard: Dual Strike
Vs. Crystal Construct 1, 1d20+9+2=29 AC, hit for 2d4+2=4 damage(accidentally added Str in the roll) and the target is marked by Frost until the end of his next turn.
Vs. Crystal Construct 2, 1d20+9=11 AC, miss.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads