• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Seros fights against the sand to move closer to his allies, the deva spots something in the caves, only a glimmer of something that he can't quite make out.

"Be wary, there may be additional enemies in the cave." Seros announces to his allies, then throws his chain at the damaged white construct and adds "Shrakk, duck!" as the weapon changes into a line of acid that after it strikes the foe returns to Seros' hands as a normal chain.

"Or, yeah, just stand there and let them all dogpile you. That's fine too," Kasha rails at Shrakk as she dashes to his side, as fast as she can manage with her boots sinking in and kicking up the soft sand all around.

Still, the situation doesn't seem unworkable. The white construct is off-balance, still focused on Shrakk as she approaches. She comes in low and fast, punishing her foe with a swift rising slash which cuts in underneath its guard and then rends upwards with an extra twist in the hopes of causing some structural damage.

Kasha's blade tears through the center of the construct, gutting it. As it falls to the sand, the gem on its back detonates in Kasha's face, sending her reeling. Shrakk manages to avoid the blast and that also tears into the black construct, staggering it.

RAM TIGER moves up to one of the remaining constructs, slipping as the creature dodges and eating a mouthful of sand. Not to be dismayed, he lunges up and tries again, getting the same result.

Shrakk swears an oath against the damaged black construct next to him and swings his fullblade, but the construct is still cognizant enough to avoid the blow.

Frost struggles forward through the sand and lashes out at the constructs with his chain, landing a strong blow on the damaged construct but missing the other.

---

Two more constructs, these with flickering purple crystals on their backs, become visible in the shadows in the cave. In unison, their hands begin to swirl with dark energy and they unleash twin blasts that detonate amidst the party.

The constructs at the cave mouth attack, the one on Kasha striking only sand, the one on RAM TIGER slamming into the gnoll and landing a metal fist to the ribs.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Purple Crystal Construct 1: Move to I22, Necrotic Vortex(Area Burst 1): 7 Fort vs Kasha, miss, 7 Fort vs Shrakk, miss, 21 Fort vs RAM TIGER, hit, 12 Fort vs Frost, miss, for 6 necrotic damage and RAM TIGER loses a healing surge every time he takes necrotic damage(save ends).

Purple Crystal Construct 2: Move to L22, Necrotic Vortex(Area Burst 1): 16 Fort vs Kasha, hit, 19 Fort vs Shrakk, hit, 8 Fort vs Fort vs RAM TIGER, miss, 18 Fort vs Frost, hit, for 5 necrotic damage and Kasha, Shrakk, and Frost lose a healing surge every time they take necrotic damage(save ends).

Black Crystal Construct 1: Slam vs Kasha, AC 10, miss. Save vs dazed, 15, success.

Black Crystal Construct 2: Slam vs RAM TIGER, AC 19, hit, for 6 force damage and RAM TIGER is marked.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Shrakk: J13, 5 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
RAM TIGER: K13, 20 damage taken, bloodied, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends), marked(BCC2)
Kasha: I13, 21 damage taken, bloodied, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
Frost: K12, 5 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
Seros: M11, 1 damage taken

Black Crystal Construct 1
: J14, AC 17, Vulnerable 5 Psychic, 18 damage taken, bloodied, marked by Frost
Black Crystal Construct 2: K14, AC 17, Vulnerable 5 Psychic, marked by RAM TIGER
Black Crystal Construct OA: +6 vs AC, 1d6+3 force damage and marked
White Crystal Construct 1: -Destroyed-
Purple Crystal Construct 1: I22
Purple Crystal Construct 2: L22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]The sand is all difficult terrain(including J16, J17, K16, K17 inside the cave).

The cave is bright light within the sandy area, dim light in the slightly darker area, and complete darkness in the darkest areas. If anyone has a light source out let me know, so I can change the light levels appropriately when you get close to the cave.

The marble pillars block movement and provide cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
CaveRound3.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: I had to travel out of town for work reasons last friday, while it was supposed to be a 4 days travel it ended being a much longer trip. I wont be able to post until next monday or tuesday, so until then please NPC me as needed. It's hard to check the forums on my phone after all :-D

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]It's been 48 hours since I posted the last turn, but I'm hesitant to run ALL of the PCs. Extending deadline 48 hours (not 24 since I'm busy with the Iron DM Challenge tomorrow and wouldn't be able to update it anyway). So, Sunday afternoon sometime.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Thoroughly battered and barely standing after the point-blank blast of the exploding construct, Kasha steps hurriedly back from the front lines and takes a moment to collect herself.

[sblock=OOC] Shift to H12

Second Wind: Heal 5 pts, +2 to all defenses until next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 9, Passive Perception 9, Low-light vision

HP 6/22 Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 2/6
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 18, Will 14
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 1

Encounter Powers: Torturous Strike
Furious Assault
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
-

Consumables:

14 gp

Buffs/Effects:
+1 to all skill checks while on board the Nexal
+1 to saving throws and damage while adjacent to an ally
+1 on skill checks if an ally makes the same check during the same round[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Difficult Terrain]The sand you guys are in is difficult terrain. That means unless you have an ability that lets you shift 2 or shift and ignore difficult terrain, you can't shift.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Final 24 hour extension since only 1/4 PCs have posted(counting Otakkun's warning that he wouldn't be able to post). Tomorrow afternoon, I'll run anyone who hasn't gone.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Kasha's Saving throw vs Necrotic Surge Loss]1d20=5, fail.[/sblock]

Seros throws a tincure bottle that hits Kasha, shatters, and covers the half-orc with a fast-acting healing solution. He then moved in the midst of the group and snaps his chain out, damaging the already-damaged construct and channeling its energies into the weapons of his companions.

[sblock=Seros' Actions]Minor: Curative Admixture on Kasha (heal surge + 4).
Move: Move to J12.
Standard: Magic Weapon on Black Crystal Construct 1 - 1d20+10=21, hit, for 2d4+5=10 damage and RAM TIGER, Kasha, Frost, and Shrakk get +1 to attack and +4 to damage until the end of Seros' next turn.[/sblock]

RAM TIGER pauses for a moment, spitting out sand between literally licking his wounds.

[sblock=RAM TIGER's Actions]Standard: RAM TIGER uses Second Wind, gaining 7 hp and +2 to defenses until the start of his next turn.
Saving throw vs Necrotic surge loss: 1d20=2, fail.[/sblock]

Frost lashes out with his chain, taking the head off the badly damaged construct and partially destroying the other's arm.

[sblock=Frost's Actions]Standard: Dual Strike
Attack 1 vs BCC1: 1d20+9+1=30, Crit, for 8+2+4=14 damage + 1d6 = 18 damage and marked.
Attack 2 vs BCC2: 1d20+9+1=29, hit, for 2d4+2+4 = 12 damage and marked.
Move: Move to L13.
Saving throw vs Necrotic Surge loss: 1d20=6, fail.
[/sblock]

As Frost takes the head off the damaged construct, it explodes. Most of the group is merely buffeted by the force of the blast, but Kasha and RAM TIGER are further wounded by it.

[sblock=Black Crystal Construct 1's death]Crystal Detonation: Close Burst 3, Attack vs Kasha 15 Fort, hit, vs Seros 10 Fort, miss, vs Shrakk 7 Fort, miss, vs RAM TIGER 19 Fort, hit, vs Frost 16 Fort, miss, vs BCC2 7 Fort, miss. Kasha and RAM TIGER take 8 Force damage and -2 to attack rolls(save ends).[/sblock]

Shrakk, his original target destroyed, turns on the remaining black crystal construct and swears an oath against it even as he swings. The construct dodges out of the way and Shrakk's Fullblade finds only sand.

[sblock=Shrakk's Actions]Minor: Oath of Emnity on BCC2
Standard: Overwhelming Strike on BCC2 - 2d20+7+1=14, miss.
Saving throw vs Necrotic Surge Loss: 1d20=15, saved.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Thoroughly battered and barely standing after the point-blank blast of the exploding construct, Kasha steps hurriedly back from the front lines and takes a moment to collect herself.

Seros throws a tincure bottle that hits Kasha, shatters, and covers the half-orc with a fast-acting healing solution. He then moved in the midst of the group and snaps his chain out, damaging the already-damaged construct and channeling its energies into the weapons of his companions.

RAM TIGER pauses for a moment, spitting out sand between literally licking his wounds.

Frost lashes out with his chain, taking the head off the badly damaged construct and partially destroying the other's arm.

Shrakk, his original target destroyed, turns on the remaining black crystal construct and swears an oath against it even as he swings. The construct dodges out of the way and Shrakk's Fullblade finds only sand.

---

As Frost takes the head off the damaged construct, it explodes. Most of the group is merely buffeted by the force of the blast, but Kasha and RAM TIGER are further wounded by it.

The purple crystal constructs hurl swirling blasts of necrotic energy at the party, draining away their life force.

The black crystal construct retaliates against Frost, landing a heavy blow on the shifter.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Purple Crystal Construct 1: Necrotic Vortex(Area Burst 1): 23 Fort vs Seros, hit, 19 Fort vs Shrakk, hit, 7 Fort vs RAM TIGER, 23 vs Frost. Seros, Shrakk, and Frost are hit for 6 Necrotic damage and healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends). Frost loses a Healing Surge. Seros' necrotic resist reduces the damage to 0, though he still takes the effect.

Purple Crystal Construct 2: Necrotic Vortex(Area Burst 1): 18 Fort vs Kasha, hit, 21 Fort vs Seros, hit, 10 Fort vs Shrakk, miss, 13 Fort vs RAM TIGER, miss. Kasha and Seros take 8 Necrotic damage. Both lose a healing surge. Seros's necrotic resist reduces the damage to 2.

Black Crystal Construct 2: Slam vs Frost, 21 AC, hit for 6 Force damage and Frost is marked.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Shrakk: J13, 11 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
RAM TIGER: K13, 21 damage taken, bloodied, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
Kasha: I13, 23 damage taken, unconscious, dying, bloodied, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
Frost: K12, 17 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends), marked(BCC2)
Seros: M11, 3 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)

Black Crystal Construct 1
: -Destroyed-
Black Crystal Construct 2: 12 damage taken, K14, AC 17, Vulnerable 5 Psychic, marked by Frost
Black Crystal Construct OA: +6 vs AC, 1d6+3 force damage and marked
White Crystal Construct 1: -Destroyed-
Purple Crystal Construct 1: I22
Purple Crystal Construct 2: L22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]The sand is all difficult terrain(including J16, J17, K16, K17 inside the cave).

The cave is bright light within the sandy area, dim light in the slightly darker area, and complete darkness in the darkest areas. If anyone has a light source out let me know, so I can change the light levels appropriately when you get close to the cave.

The marble pillars block movement and provide cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
CaveRound4.jpg
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER manages to lock his claw on the construct's glowing gem-thingy. Placing another paw on it's torso, he begins to slowly wrench the gem free.

[sblock=Actions]Grappling Strike on K14 AC 25, 8 damage. Target is grabbed and marked. Grab ends immediately at the end of next turn.

Saving throw fail.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 1

Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 10

AC: 18, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:10 -- Speed:7

HP:6/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/10

Initiative +4, Action Points: 1

Powers: Grappling Strike, Threatening Rush, Combat Agility, Combat Challenge, Ferocious Charge, Bash and Pinion, Second Wind, Flanking Assault

Opportunity Attack: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 damage.[/sblock]

MINE NOW
______/
ramtiger.png

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
"Finish this one. I'll go pound on the ones inside"

[sblock=Actions]
Overwhelming Strike on K-14 (1d20+7=20 vs AC, 1d12+6=10 damage). Change squares with the construct (who is still grappled by RAM TIGER).
Move to K-20, use Action Point.
Angelic Alacrity, shift to H-22
Angelic Alacrity on I-22 (1d20+7=23 vs AC, 2d12+6=21 damage)
Save vs Effect: Save (1d20=17). [/sblock]

Shrakk's Stat Block
[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Pursuit Avenger 1
HP 18/29, Temp HP 0
Initiative +6
AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
AP 0, Surges 7/9
Angelic Alacrity [X]
Iron Mind [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [ ]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [ ]