• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ironically, Shrakk finishes off the disabled construct, his blade slamming into its chest as RAM TIGER pries the crystal on its back free. RAM TIGER stares cross-eyed at the crystal in his teeth for a half second before it literally explodes in his face, buffeting Frost and the unconscious Kasha as well and pulling Kasha's body towards the fray.

[sblock=BCC2 Crystal Detonation]Close Burst 3: 13 Fort vs Kasha, hit(-5 defenses while unconscious), 13 Fort vs Seros, miss, automatic miss vs Shrakk, 21 Fort vs RAM TIGER, hit, 20 Fort vs Frost, hit. Kasha, RAM TIGER, and Frost take 6 force damage and -2 to attacks (save ends). Kasha is pulled to J14. That drops RAM TIGER exactly and Kasha is 4hp from dead...[/sblock]

[sblock=Previous BCC Crystal Detonation]I forgot to append the -2 to saves to RAM TIGER and Kasha's stat blocks last time. RAM TIGER still would have hit anyway and if he had saved, he has it again, so no worries.[/sblock]

[sblock=Time extension]It's been close to 48 hrs now, but I don't have time to run it at the moment. I'll do it tonight or tomorrow - so still time to post if you haven't.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Seros tosses a healing tonic on Kasha, then moves up to the mouth of the cave and hurls his chain at the construct that Shrakk heavily damaged, missing.

[sblock=Seros' Actions]Minor: Curative Admixture on Kasha, she heals surge+4 hp.
Move: Move to K14
Standard: Magic Weapon on PCC1 in I22 - 1d20+10-2=11 AC, miss.
Saving throw vs necrotic surge loss:1d20=4, fail.[/sblock]

Kasha comes to her senses, grabs her fallen dagger from the sand, and moves into the shadows of the cave.

[sblock=Kasha's Actions]Minor: Pick up dagger.
Move: stand up.
Standard: Move to I16.
Saving throw vs necrotic surge loss:1d20=14, saved
Saving throw vs -2 to hit:1d20=13, saved[/sblock]

Frost roars in rage and charges forward into the cave.

[sblock=Frost's Actions]Minor: Longtooth Shifting (Regen 2 while bloodied, +2 damage)
Move + Standard: Double move to L20.
Saving throw vs necrotic surge loss:1d20=10, saved
Saving throw vs -2 to hit:1d20=9, fail[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
RAM TIGER manages to lock his claw on the construct's glowing gem-thingy. Placing another paw on it's torso, he begins to slowly wrench the gem free.

"Finish this one. I'll go pound on the ones inside"
, Shrakk says.

Ironically, Shrakk finishes off the disabled construct, his blade slamming into its chest as RAM TIGER pries the crystal on its back free. RAM TIGER stares cross-eyed at the crystal in his teeth for a half second before it literally explodes in his face, buffeting Frost and the unconscious Kasha as well and pulling Kasha's body towards the fray.

Seros tosses a healing tonic on Kasha, then moves up to the mouth of the cave and hurls his chain at the construct that Shrakk heavily damaged, missing.

Kasha comes to her senses, grabs her fallen dagger from the sand, and moves into the shadows of the cave.

Frost roars in rage and charges forward into the cave.

---

The purple crystal constructs unleash blasts of necrotic energy at Frost and Shrakk, but the fighter and avenger run right through the center of the enemies' attacks, undeterred.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Purple Crystal Construct 1: Standard - Rotting Blast(Close Blast 3): 7 Fort vs Shrakk
Move - Shift to J23

Purple Crystal Construct 2: Standard - Rotting Blast(Close Blast 3): 13 Fort vs Frost, miss.
Move - Move to K28[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Shrakk: J13, 11 damage taken, in low light
RAM TIGER: K13, 27 damage taken, bloodied, unconscious, dying, prone, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends), -2 to hit(save ends)
Kasha: I13, 13 damage taken, bloodied
Frost: K12, 23 damage taken, bloodied, regen 2 while bloodied, +2 to damage, -2 to hit(save ends), in low light
Seros: M11, 3 damage taken, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)

Black Crystal Construct 1
: -Destroyed-
Black Crystal Construct 2: -Destroyed-
White Crystal Construct 1: -Destroyed-
Purple Crystal Construct 1: J23, AC 15, 21 damage taken, bloodied, in low-light
Purple Crystal Construct 2: K28, AC 15, in total darkness
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]The sand is all difficult terrain(including J16, J17, K16, K17 inside the cave).

The cave is bright light within the sandy area, dim light in the slightly darker area, and complete darkness in the darkest areas. If anyone has a light source out let me know, so I can change the light levels appropriately when you get close to the cave.

The marble pillars block movement and provide cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Question]Do people need more time to be able to post? I can widen the turn window if that's the case. Not quite as much fun when I'm running the PCs and the players, takes me quite a bit more time too, so if it'll help you guys I can change to 3 days, 4 days, more? Just let me know if you're still here and what works best for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
CaveRound5.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha edges further into the cave, her feet still sinking into sand as she slides a dagger from her sleeve with her free hand and draws a bead on the nearest foe. She flings the knife with an expert flick of the wrist, and is rewarded with a resounding noise of metallic impact as the blade embeds itself squarely in the construct's head.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the unscheduled absence there. Seems I'm not the only one with some posting issues though... sorry to make this a slog for you Iron Sky. Touch wood, my posting should be back to normal now.

Just to clarify - last round you had Kasha pick up her dagger, but all her daggers were sheathed. She was wielding a longsword when she was dropped, can I assume that was what she picked up and is now holding in her mainhand?

Move 2 squares through difficult terrain to J18.

Draw a dagger.

Sly Flourish with a ranged dagger attack on the construct in J23. Attack roll (I included a -2 for concealment, but actually Kasha has low-light vision so that was a mistake): 1d20+8=22 vs AC, Damage: 1d4+6=9.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 9, Passive Perception 9, Low-light vision

HP 9/22 Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 1/6
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 16, Will 12
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 1

Encounter Powers: Torturous Strike
Furious Assault
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
-

Consumables:

14 gp

Buffs/Effects:
+1 to all skill checks while on board the Nexal
+1 to saving throws and damage while adjacent to an ally
+1 on skill checks if an ally makes the same check during the same round[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Kasha hits the damaged construct between the eyes. Its gem explodes towards Shrakk but the Avenger avoids the worst of it.

[sblock=Crystal Detonation]Close Blast 3, 7 Fort vs Shrakk, miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Only 1 of them left. I'll post the next update tomorrow.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Iron Sky]
Just as I'm sure you're aware, both farce & RickRoll have gone MIA from the boards. I've tried to e-mail them to no avail. On the + side there are some adventurer's in the tavern looking to get into a game :) [/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Iron Sky]
Just as I'm sure you're aware, both farce & RickRoll have gone MIA from the boards. I've tried to e-mail them to no avail. On the + side there are some adventurer's in the tavern looking to get into a game :) [/sblock]

[sblock=renau1g]I've notice that. Fortunately this fight is almost over. It would be super-hard to integrate new players into the game, so I might just see who posts in the next few days and tailor the last of the adventure to whomever is left.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Antithetist]Yeah, I meant Kasha's longsword. Welcome back![/sblock]

[sblock=RAM TIGER's saves]Vs -2 to hit: 1d20=11, saved. Vs necrotic surge loss: 1d20=8, fail[/sblock]

Frost pulls out a sunrod and hurls it to the ground, the cave filling with brilliant light even as he lashes out with his spiked chain and puts a dent in the construct's chest.

[sblock=Frost's Actions]Start of turn, regen 2.
Move: Move to K-26
Minor: Pull out and activate Sunrod
Standard: Reaping Strike vs construct - 1d20+9-2=18 AC, hit, 2d4+6+2=11 damage and marked.
Saving throw vs -2 to hit: 1d20=6, fail.[/sblock]

Shrakk rushes forwards with an oath, but his blade misses the construct, sparking off the stone of the wall.

[sblock=Shrakk's Actions]Move: Move to J27.
Minor: Oath of Emnity on last construct.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike - 2d20+7=11 AC, miss(Gotta love missing with an avenger 3 times in a row, last 3 I've rolled for Shrakk... Damage roll was 6 higher than the AC he hit).
Divine Guidance, Immediate Interrupt: Next ally to miss construct can re-roll the attack.[/sblock]

Seros, temporarily out of healing tinctures wishes RAM TIGER luck and advances, hoping to end the fight quickly so he can get back to the dying gnoll. Unfortunately, his spiked chain whistles past the construct ineffectually before returning to his hand.

[sblock=Seros' Actions]Minor: Swift Mender - RAM TIGER gets an extra death save(no penalty for failing on granted saves in my games): 1d20=13, no effect.
Move: Move to K18.
Standard: Magic Weapon vs last construct - 1d20+10+1-2=AC 13, miss. Shrakk's Divine Guidance Triggers, Seros gets a re-roll: 1d20+9=24 AC, hit, 2d4+6=10 damage, Kasha gets +1 to hit and +4 to damage until the end of her next turn.
Saving throw vs necrotic surge loss: 1d20=18, saved.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
RAM TIGER lies unconscious on the ground.

Kasha edges further into the cave, her feet still sinking into sand as she slides a dagger from her sleeve with her free hand and draws a bead on the nearest foe. She flings the knife with an expert flick of the wrist, and is rewarded with a resounding noise of metallic impact as the blade embeds itself squarely in the construct's head.

Frost pulls out a sunrod and hurls it to the ground, the cave filling with brilliant light even as he lashes out with his spiked chain and puts a dent in the construct's chest.

Shrakk rushes forwards with an oath, but his blade misses the construct, sparking off the stone of the wall.

Seros, temporarily out of healing tinctures wishes RAM TIGER luck and advances, hoping to end the fight quickly so he can get back to the dying gnoll. Unfortunately, his spiked chain whistles past the construct ineffectually before returning to his hand.

---

The heavily damaged construct retreats, hurling another blast of necrotic energy at Shrakk and Frost that they shrug off.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Purple Crystal Construct 2: Move - Shift to K29
Standard - Necrotic Vortex(Burst 1 in 10): Automatic miss vs Shrakk, 7 Fort vs Frost, miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Shrakk: J13, 11 damage taken
RAM TIGER: K13, 27 damage taken, bloodied, unconscious, dying, prone, healing surge lost if necrotic damage taken(save ends)
Kasha: I13, 13 damage taken, bloodied, +1 power bonus to hit and +4 damage until EONT
Frost: K12, 21 damage taken, bloodied, regen 2 while bloodied, +2 to damage, -2 to hit(save ends)
Seros: M11, 3 damage taken

Black Crystal Construct 1
: -Destroyed-
Black Crystal Construct 2: -Destroyed-
White Crystal Construct 1: -Destroyed-
Purple Crystal Construct 1: -Destroyed-
Purple Crystal Construct 2: K29, AC 15, 21 damage taken, bloodied, Oath of Emnity(Shrakk), marked(Frost)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]The sand is all difficult terrain(including J16, J17, K16, K17 inside the cave).

The marble pillars block movement and provide cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
CaveRound6.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads