[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The group, the bodies of their enemies fallen around them, takes a much deserved rest. Rummaging through the monsters' possessions, the adventurers find a total of 100 gold, two rough cut rubies, a pair of potions, and a small, wooden box containing a pair of leaden hammers and a tiny drum.

A pair of ironbound doors stand closed at the end of a short hallway, leading deeper underground.

[sblock=Perception 20]Whispers and shuffling feet can be heard from the other side of the double doors.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]The last item listed is a Rain of Hammers Ki Focus[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Prime lets the others worry about the money for now. The automaton instead gets up, walks to the large doors and draws again his sword.

Code:
*WE'VE COMPANY*

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
Felix bends around to look at Prime's chest. "Oh... Goody." He says quietly. He quickly shrugs off his backpack and reloads Layla. Afterwards he moves behind Prime at the door and stretches his legs. Occasional winces cloud his face when he agitates the rib.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Reload Crossbow
Move: A9
Standard>Minor: Enter Mobile Blade Stance

*I'm assuming that during the rest he recovered and sheathed his sword

[sblock=Felix]
Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Stance: Mobile Blade
Conditions:[/sblock][/sblock]

Is there a chance to do "Van Damme ambush" Drew holding himself over the door for some surprise goodness?

Depending on Sharpe healing power, he spends two or three surges

Drew looks over the box and reverently takes the symbols out. Speaking some words in draconic, he bows, speaks some more and then raises. He puts the box in his backpack and takes the item in his hand

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Sharpe's Song of Rest gives us +5 hp per surge spent in a short rest.
OOC: Yep, please make sure you factor in that when spending your surges :)

Sharpe's attempted group sing-along is cut short by Prime's warning.

Nobody interrupts my singing! Sharpe whispers with clenched teeth, drawing his sword. They're going to pay for this with their lives! Lets ambush them and cut them to ribbons!

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
When Drew takes hold of the magical ki focus, the dragons tattooed upon his chest begin to twist and writhe as if alive; the ki focus begins to glow brightly. As the light fades, the tattoos on the monk's chest somehow appear brighter.

The party, wary of the noises coming from the other side of the closed doors, readies themselves for combat again. The voices do not appear to be coming closer toward the door - perhaps whoever it is is unaware of the adventurers, or perhaps they are waiting for the group to make the first move.

OOC: I forgot to mention previously, the two potions are potions of healing.

Also, besides specific magic items I give out due to wishlists, how the rest of the treasure is split up is completely up to the group.

Drew starts as the items glow and his dragons move, but quickly understands the significance of the event. When it ends he whispers and bows few more times and reverently replaces small symbols in the box.

He comes after Fenix and leans in listening carefuly. The fact that he put one ear near the stone and the other is mostly covered by a hand holding him aloft doesn't really help.

Take position above the door if possible (A 10 above the door) or B9 if not.

Last edited:

Remove ads