• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

Drew is too busy crawling and trying to see into the darkness to be able to read Prime (since he's alredy forward). He does, however, ready sunrod in one hand and dagger in the other before going forward again.

twilsemail

First Post
Felix reads the words on Prime's chest and rises to his feet. He wordlessly signals for the others to advance and covers the rear.

[sblock=OOC]Remind me next time I have the bright idea to go to the zoo on a weekday that that's when field trips happen. Oh well, Otters are still awesome. Good to be back.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina followed the others into the mine. The sunshine seemed to follow her, coalescing around the rune-scribed staff that she carried.

[sblock= OOC] If we get far enough into the mine for it to matter, Mina will use the Light cantrip [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe and thy group of great heroes explore the mine to find thine militia members. Sharpe narrates, heading into the mine. What great and deadly foe, one thatist have nameith with too many apostrophes, shall they encounter? What brain eating dark abomination from the multiverse shall they accidentally set forthith, bringing havoc to the world? he says, happy at that last thought.

Soon thy shall find out.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
As the group descends the stairs, Drew's lit sunrod leading the way, the late afternoon sunshine dims to darkness and Sharpe's narration follows them down. The ground all along the stairwell is covered in a dusting of dirt, as if the dwarves were too excited to fully clear the tunnels.

Nearing the bottom of the stairwell, all sounds of chatter coming from further in the mine cease. A wide hallway continues deeper into the hillside while a large statue depicting a dwarf warrior in full battle gear bisects the hallway's width. The statue has been heavily defaced. Blood-stained piles of rubble are strewn near the bottom of the stairwell.

[sblock=Perception 15]A few creatures crouch in the shadows beyond the statue. There also appears to be two very large tapestries lining the walls of the hallway.
OOC: If your character notices the creatures in the darkness, roll initiative.

[sblock=Perception 17]The statue appears unstable, as if needing only a nudge to tip over.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Prime releases steam, modulating the whistle to sound much like a warning. As he does this he draws his sword, pointing it at the statue. Or pehaps beyond the statue.

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
Defenses: AC: 20, For: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 13
HP: 33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 13/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1

Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint
Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind
Villain&#8217s Menace[/sblock]

Last edited:

I would just like to clarify: It's no use skulking around the darkness with sunrod in hand. Once he activated the sunrod (presumably once the darkness became complete) he would drop it and wait for the group to advance and would continue skulking at the middle of it's range (so he sees around 10 squares forward and had 10 squares to the wielder) - I should have said so earlier

Stealth is only 14 (mod should be 12 not 14)
Passive perception is 17 so I guess he does see something?
He doesn't see anything, but is real fast with it :(

twilsemail

First Post
Felix stops his advance, peering into the darkness in the direction Prime indicates. After a moment of peering into the darkness he whispers to Prime, "What is it?" If the automata answers, He'll take a moment to read the tiles.

[sblock=ooc]Perception: 11 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Fear, fire, foes, awake! Sharpe shouts, pulling out his sword and charging at the monsters while shouting his battle-cry Diediediediediediediediedie!

[sblock=ooc]Perception 1 = 18

Perception 2 = 9

Init=2[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Felix blinks in surprise as the madman rushes forward.

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that's enough for an initiative check (12).[/sblock]

[sblock=Felix]Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Stance: Mobile Blade