[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

pathfinderq1

First Post
At Prime's signal, Mina turned her attention towards the tunnel ahead. She lifted her staff in one hand. "Stay back!," she hissed, pointing past the statue. "Something lurks there!" She hesitated momentarily, torn between an instinctive urge to back away and natural confidence...

[sblock= OOC]
>Perception 1d20+6= 23, Initiative 1d20+0= 2; rolls Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock= Mina] Eladrin wizard (mage) 1
Initiative +0/Passive Perception 16/Passive Insight 16/Low-light vision
HP 24/Bloodied 12/Surge value 6/Per day= 8
AC 15/FORT 12/REF 15/WILL 15
Speed 6/Size medium/Saves normal
STR 8 (-1)/DEX 10 (+0)/WIS 12 (+1)
CON 14 (+2)/INT 20 (+5)/CHA 14 (+2)
Melee basic: Staff +1 vs. AC, 1d6-1
Ranged basic: Magic missile, ranged 20, deals 7 force
Skills: Arcana +14; Diplomacy +7; History +12, Insight +6; Nature +6, Perception +6
Powers:
Light (cantrip)
Mage hand (cantrip)
Prestidigitation (cantrip)
Magic missile (at-will)
Freezing burst (at-will)
Hypnotism (at will)
Orbmaster’s incendiary detonantion (Encounter 1)
Wizard’s fury (Daily 1)
Charm of misplaced wrath (Encounter 1/ spellbook)
Flaming sphere (Daily 1/spellbook)

Fey step (Encounter)
Majestic word (Daily MC)
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Mina_(pathfinderq1)
[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: A new ruling: When you see a senses (Insight or Perception) check sblock, you can, but are not required to, use your Passive score without rolling. All other skill checks will still require an active check.

Also, when you see skill checks nested, like the above Perception check, you only roll once. If, for example, you rolled a 20 on a Perception, you would be able to see both sblocks. However, if you rolled a 15 or 16, you would gain access to the first but not the second block.

And, the way I decided to do initiative was stupid. I won't be doing that again.

I'll post the map and the rest a little later tonight, as I'm still at work.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
A group of mysterious creatures - bugbears to be exact - appear from the shadows, using the statue as cover. With brandished weapons and snarling faces, their intent is clear; they seem eager to finish the job they started at the mine's entrance.
[sblock=Initiative]Drew - 25
Monsters - 18
Prime - 14
Felix - 12
Sharpe - 2
Mina - 2[/sblock][sblock=Map]
encounter1.rnd1.png

Squares with triangles in the upper-right corner denote difficult terrain.
The statue provide partial cover.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Drew (M7) - HP: 24/24, Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Felix (P7) - HP: 26/26, Surges: 9/9, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Mina (P8) - HP: 24/24, Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Prime (N7) - HP: 33/33, Surges: 13/13, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Sharpe (M8) - HP: 30/30, Surges: 11/11, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail

Bugbear (E5; E4; D3) - HP: ??/??, AC: 15, F: 15, R: 12, W: 10
Bugbear (C3) - HP: ??/??, AC: 15, F: 13, R: 15, W: 13
Bugbear (B4) - HP: ??/??, AC: 17, F: 16, R: 16, W: 13[/sblock]

Up next - Drew.

Drew vaults over few yards, slide by the statue before any of the bugbears could react and bears down on the closest brute. The attack is two handed, one hand under the chin and the other pushing the weapon away. The beast staggers

[sblock=Actions]
Move: (Drunken Monkey speed +2, ignore diff terrain) to F6
Standard: Drunken Monkey vs Will (BB1 in E5); damage (1d20+5=21, 1d8+5=11) - the beast is slid to C5 (2 squares due to Mountain Ki Focus) - Drew gains +1 to AC and Ref TENT and +2 AC vs Opportunity attacks
Free: Flurry of Blows: BB1 takes extra 4 damage (total 15)
Drunken Monkey Effect: Bugbear 1 attack vs AC (BB5 in B4) with +2 (1d20+2=11) - add appropriate mods (it could be useful if you would list MBA so we can roll OAs and this kind of attacks

AP (only if possible) tip the statue back to fall toward the bugbears - roll whatever is needed for such a feat (if bullrush, then use it before the attack obviously)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Drew Stats]
+1 AC & Ref TENT
AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 17 Will: 14
HP: 24/24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

MBA: +8 vs AC 1d8+2 (unarmed strike)
RBA: +8 vs AC 1d4+5 (dagger)

FEATS
Human: Superior Implement (Mountain Ki)
Level 1: Melee Training (Dex)

POWERS

Fallen Needle
Five Storms
Crane's Wings
Centered Flurry of Blows

Drunken Monkey
Second Wind

Masterful Spiral

Mountain Ki - On hit gain +1 AC and Ref; any forced movement is increased 1 square

Skills: Acrobatics +10; Athletics +5; Perception +7; Stealth +10; Thievery +10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Good call on the listing MBAs, I'll add them to future posts.
Everyone readied weapons before initiative, so you're good to go.

In a flurry of blows and shuffling feet, Drew staggers the nearest bugbear, its weapon smashing into its friend. The monk shoves over the precariously perched statue. The statue drops upon one of the bugbears, pinning him beneath its bulk and causing him to shout in pain.

The remaining beasts move forth, the bugbear Drew pummeled moving back toward him and swinging his morningstar in a wide arc. He connects mightily and laughs in triumph. Another of the hairy monsters shuffles toward the monk; the flail its wielding strikes him and sends him flying backwards.
[sblock=Enemy Actions]Bugbear1
Move - D6 > E6
Standard - Morningstar vs. AC 17; damage (1d20+7=20, 2d8+6=12).

Bugbear2
Move - Stand from prone
EOT - ST vs. immobilized (1d20=3), failed.

Bugbear3
Move - E3 > F3 > G3 > H4 > I5 > J5

Bugbear4
Move - D4 > E5
Standard - Flail vs. Fort 14; damage (1d20+4=16, 1d6+1=5). Drew is pushed G6 > H6 and is knocked prone; Bugbear4 shifts to D4

Bugbear5
Move - C3 > D3 > E3 > F3 > G3 > H4 > I4[/sblock][sblock=Initiative]Drew - 25
Monsters - 18
Prime - 14
Felix - 12
Sharpe - 2
Mina - 2[/sblock][sblock=Map]
encounter1.rnd2.png

Squares with triangles in the upper-right corner denote difficult terrain.
The statue provide partial cover.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Drew (M7) - HP: 7/24, Surges: 8/8, AP: 0, Second Wind: avail, +1 AC/Ref until EONT; +2 to AC vs. OAs; bloodied; prone
Felix (P7) - HP: 26/26, Surges: 9/9, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Mina (P8) - HP: 24/24, Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Prime (N7) - HP: 33/33, Surges: 13/13, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Sharpe (M8) - HP: 30/30, Surges: 11/11, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail

Bugbear1 (C5) - HP: -15
Bugbear2 (E4) - HP: -7, immobilized (save ends)
Bugbear3 (D3) - HP: ??
Bugbear4 (C3) - HP: ??
Bugbear5 (B4) - HP: -12[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Bugbear1-3 - AC: 15, F: 15, R: 12, W: 10
:melee: +7 vs. AC; 2d8+6
Bugbear4 - AC: 15, F: 13, R: 15, W: 13
:melee: +4 vs. Fort; 1d6+1
Bugbear5 - AC: 17, F: 16, R: 16, W: 13
:melee: +8 vs. AC; 1d12+2[/sblock]

Prime, Felix, Sharpe, Mina up next.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina stepped carefully forward, just far enoough to get a clear line of sight past the statue. Then she leveled her staff and sang a single piercing word in the eladrin tongue. A spinning ball of energy leapt forward and detonated in the midst of the bugbears with a low thump of displaced air. Two of the beasts were knocked to the floor, and the area was lit with licking flames.

[sblock= OOC]
>move: forward to N8
>standard: Orbmaster's incendiary detonation, area burst 1 centered at E5; catching bugbears 1,2,4 (I think, numbers v. small on my monitor); 1d20+5 vs. REF= 22, 14, 12 (hits 1 1nd 2, misses 4 ; hit deals 11 force and target knocked prone); rolls Roll Lookup
>Also: burst creates a zone (D/E/F 4/5/6) until end of my next turn- each enemy that starts turn in or enters the zone takes 2 fire damage
>Minor: none

>Summary: Bugbears 1 and 2 take 11 force and knocked prone, fiery zone D/E/F 4/5/6 until end my next turn- enemies who start turn or enter zone take 2 fire [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Prime walks over the rubble, hugging the right wall and suddendly he propels himself forward, with nosiy grinding of gears and pistons. His sword descends in an ample arc - a simple and predictable attack, but as the automaton expected, his foe is not proficient enough to know how to avoid it.

[sblock=actions]
Move action to K8
Standard action charge bugbear at J5, ending movement at J6. Hits AC 23, damage is 6 and bugbear is Marked.

Can any of you pull or slide the one at I4 to me?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
Defenses: AC: 20, For: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 13
HP: 33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 13/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1

Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint
Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind
Villain's Menace[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Any chance we took a short rest recently so I can use Knack for Success again this encounter? :)

Also, please let me know when someone bloodies a monster, so I can grant THP.
You're not going to let a little thing like a gaping wound get you down, are you Mr. Monk? Sharpe says, inspiring Drew with his arcane words.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Majestic Word on Drew: Drew spends a surge and heals 11 HP + 4THP @MetaVoid , Drew can also slide 1 square.

Move:L6

Standard:Guiding Strike on Bugbear 3, miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=Sharp Stat Block]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Init: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC 17 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 16, Spd: 5
HP 30 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 11
AP: 1/1, Milestones:

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note: Free ritual used.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Slide Drew to I5. Too bad about the statue, I was hoping to get two since it is large :)

horticulture, how did pinned bugbear stand up if he failed his save vs pin?

Last edited:

Remove ads