[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

twilsemail

First Post
Felix advances forward. Even as he notes that he has no shot at the beast harrying Drew, he looses a bolt from his crossbow at Prime's quarry. A meaty *thunk* echoes through the room as the bolt hits home. Felix moves forward once more, hoping to distract the mercenary and give Prime a chance to attack. "Drew, might I offer a bit of advice for the future?"

[sblock=actions]Move: walk to L7
Standard: RBA on BB3; 28 vs AC for 20 damage
Free (Mobile Blade): Move to K6
Minor: Reload[/sblock]

[sblock=Felix]Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Stance: Mobile Blade
Conditions:[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Slide Drew to I5. Too bad about the statue, I was hoping to get two since it is large :)

horticulture, how did pinned bugbear stand up if he failed his save vs pin?

OOC: You're absolutely right. The bugbear can't stand while immobilized because standing is a move action.

And, the group is considered to have taken a short rest after the forest incident so Heroic Effort is available again.

Just waiting on @MetaVoid

Last edited:

[MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], turn done. Your turn.

Drew looks askance at Felix
"As long as you don't expect me to obey it."

He pushes powerfuly with his hands off the floor almost flying up, flipping in the air between goblinoids. As he reaches head height, his fists fly outward connecting with both opponents. He continues to sway, his arms darting toward the attacked beastman, keeping it on it's heels. Opponent on the left gets hit with an elbow in the chest, with Drew's whole body landing down, the power of the hit reinforced with his inner power driving it back.

With the exshalation following the attack the words can be recognized in
[sblock=Draconic]
"The Dragon swoops down on it's prey!"[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Stand up
Minor: movement of fallen needle: shift 1 as minor
Standard: Fallen needle vs BB3 Ref; damage (1d20+5+2=23, 1d10+5=14) - BB3 is at -2 to hit Drew TENT; BB5 takes 4 damage and is slid to G6
Drew gets +1 AC & Ref TENT
[/sblock]

[sblock=Drew Stats]
+1 AC & Ref TENT
AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 17 Will: 14
HP: 19/24+4thp Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

MBA: +8 vs AC 1d8+2 (unarmed strike)
RBA: +8 vs AC 1d4+5 (dagger)

FEATS
Human: Superior Implement (Mountain Ki)
Level 1: Melee Training (Dex)

POWERS

Fallen Needle
Five Storms
Crane's Wings
Centered Flurry of Blows

Drunken Monkey
Second Wind

Masterful Spiral

Mountain Ki - On hit gain +1 AC and Ref; any forced movement (from this focus) is increased 1 square

Skills: Acrobatics +10; Athletics +5; Perception +7; Stealth +10; Thievery +10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Mina bloodied BB1 and then Felix bloodied BB3 during this round. Feel free to give the THP to whomever.

The rest will be posted later tonight.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The bugbears look to trap the adventurers at the base of the stairs, moving to to surround and attack Prime and Drew.

After being knocked down by Mina's spell and lit afire, the bugbear stands and charges the warforged, hitting him with his morningstar. Still trapped under the tipped over statue, another bugbear frantically puts out the flames on his jerkin and squirms free of the stone dwarf.

Yet another bugbear, already seriously injured and coughing blood, swings his weapon in a heaving overhead arc at Prime but misses, the automaton deftly moving aside. The bugbear attempts to slip away from the adventurer but Prime, wary for such a move, neatly slides his longsword between the monster's ribs; ending the threat.

The flail wielding bugbear moves toward Drew and, once more, sends him flying to the ground with the large weapon before sidling away.

The largest of the bugbears, wielding a huge battleaxe, moves with unseeming grace to swing the weapon at Prime. The warforged ducks behind his shield, blocking the blow, only to see the bugbear move away with equal grace while shouting in a language not understood - perhaps as a warning for those deeper in the mine.
[sblock=Enemy Actions]Bugbear1
SOT – 2 fire damage
Move – Stand from prone.
Standard - Charge > E6 > F6 > G6 > H6 > I6, Morningstar vs. Prime (AC 20); damage. 1d20+7=23, 2d8+6=12

Bugbear2
SOT – 2 fire damage
EOT - ST vs. Immobilized, passed. 1d20=14

Bugbear3
Standard - Morningstar vs. Prime (AC 20); damage. 1d20+7=17, 2d8+6=12
Move – Shift > I6, drawing Combat Challenge (OA) vs. BB3 (AC 15) from Prime 1d20+8=27, 1d8+4=11

Bugbear4
SOT – 2 fire damage
Move – E3 > F3 > G3 > H3 > I3
Standard - Flail vs. Drew (Fort 14); damage. 1d20+4=21, 1d6+1=7; Drew is pushed K5 > L5 and knocked prone, shift > J4.

Bugbear5
Standard – moves H6 > I6 > J7; Greataxe vs. Prime (AC 20); damage. 1d20+8=13, 1d12+2=14; shift I6 > H5 > H4
Free – shout warning.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
encounter1.rnd2.mt.png
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Drew (L5) – HP: 16/24, THP: 0/4, Surges: 8/8, AP: 0, Second Wind: avail, +1 AC/Ref until EONT; prone
Felix (K6) – HP: 26/26, Surges: 9/9, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Mina (N8) – HP: 24/24, THP: 5/5 Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Prime (J6) – HP: 21/33, Surges: 13/13, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Sharpe (L6) – HP: 30/30, Surges: 11/11, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail

Bugbear1 (I6) – HP: 16/44, bloodied
Bugbear2 (E4) – HP: 24/44, prone
Bugbear4 (J4) – HP: -2
Bugbear5 (J7) – HP: -16[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Bugbear1, 2 - AC: 15, F: 15, R: 12, W: 10
:melee: +7 vs. AC; 2d8+6
Bugbear4 - AC: 15, F: 13, R: 15, W: 13
:melee: +4 vs. Fort; 1d6+1
Bugbear5 - AC: 17, F: 16, R: 16, W: 13
:melee: +8 vs. AC; 1d12+2[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]@Someone, I took the liberty of using your Combat Challenge OA against your marked enemy. If you didn't want to use it, or see an opportunity you'd rather use it on, feel free to retcon it in your next post.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
To honor and glory! Sharpe shouts waving his sword around.

And death to the all foes, we must not forgot about that one! he screams. Arcane energy surges forward, electrocuting a hobgoblin while spurring his allies onward.

[sblock=actions]
Move:K7

Standard:Shout of Triumph Blast 3 west:
Rolls
#1 16 vs fort, hit, 9 thunder damage.
#4 11 vs fort, miss.

Effect:
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION] [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], you all may slide up to 4 squares.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sharp Stat Block]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Init: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC 17 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 16, Spd: 5
HP 30 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 11
AP: 1/1, Milestones:

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note: Free ritual used.
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Apparently enegized by the burst of lightning, the automaton executes a pre-programmed series of perfectly coordinated movements, very agile for a being of his weight. Stepping to his right, he (it?) feints and slashes a bugbear's torso; then, moving to his original position keeping the shield so close to his enemies that they can't see what Prime's doing, he attacks again, plunging the sword into the farthest creature's shoulder.

[sblock=actions]
Before turn: use Sharpe's free slide to move to J5
Standard action: Passing attack encounter power, first against Bugbear 4; his AC 26 for 12 damage, and Marks him. Since the first attack landed, shift 1 square to original position and attack Bugbear 5, hits AC 25 for 6 damage, Marking it too.

Notice that Prime's Combat superiority grants him a +2 bonus for Opportunity attacks so he attacks at +10 instead of +8; fortunately it wasn't needed the last round.

EDIT: The map and status shows bugbear 5 at J7, but the post says he moved to H4. If that's the case, Prime fist slides to J5 (Shout of Trumph), then shifts to I5 when allowed by Passing Strike.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
Defenses: AC: 20, For: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 13
HP:21/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 13/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1

Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint
Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind
Villain&#8217s Menace[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], may I suggest you slide adjacent to flail wielder so we stop him from getting to squishies?

"Prime, block that flail wielder if you can! I'll go after that last one, we don't need him alerting everyone. Felix, can you shoot it down?"

Drew uses bard's power for some better positioning, stands up and turns into veritable whirlwing of flailing hands, legs and weapons. Unfortunately (or fortunately), first hit surprises the bugbear and he's hit without defending himself, throwing Drew just a bit off balance.

Those close to Drew can here harsh whisper in
[sblock=Draconic]
"Dragon makes full attack"[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Slide to I7

Move: Stand up
Standard: Five Storms vs BB1 Ref; BB5 Ref; Damage (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=8, 1d8+5=8) - CRIT BB1, 13 damage, drops it; BB5 4 from flurry; Drew gains +1 AC & Ref
[/sblock]

[sblock=Drew Stats]
+1 AC & Ref TENT
AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 17 Will: 14
HP: 16/24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

MBA: +8 vs AC 1d8+2 (unarmed strike)
RBA: +8 vs AC 1d4+5 (dagger)

FEATS
Human: Superior Implement (Mountain Ki)
Level 1: Melee Training (Dex)

POWERS

Fallen Needle
Five Storms
Crane's Wings
Centered Flurry of Blows

Drunken Monkey
Second Wind

Masterful Spiral

Mountain Ki - On hit gain +1 AC and Ref; any forced movement (from this focus) is increased 1 square

Skills: Acrobatics +10; Athletics +5; Perception +7; Stealth +10; Thievery +10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], may I suggest you slide adjacent to flail wielder so we stop him from getting to squishies?

OOC: I think I'll be more useful watching the +8 to hit, 1d12+4 damage guy who could easily charge Mina if I'm not where I am rather than the +4 to hit, 1d6+1 damage guy. Would be nice if anyone could move him to I5 or J5 though.

Remove ads