[Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
GM: Take a look at my history of the damage: The crit round-before-last caused 36-10=26 damage, and the the 15-10=5 ongoing damage brought Haruka down to 51. Without the DR the attack actually drops her down to 29.

OOC: Ah, here's why our numbers aren't matching: I had 12 thp from my pact boon before Astrix's crit. So his crit really only did 14 damage to me.

As Haruka staggers from the arrow, she woozily reaches up and brushes the amulet at her neck. There is a spark of sickly green light and suddenly Haruka is standing steady, her head clear and her gaze focused on Astrix. Wordlessly she conjures two twisting coils of emerald flame and sends them lashing at the dragonborn. The first plows uselessly into the ground, but the other curves up at the last second, hitting Astrix like an uppercut and washing his face in fire. Haruka grins triumphantly as some of her wounds close before she teleports away.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Bodyguard 2's death triggers my pact boon, giving me 12 thp. I'll also use the power on my gloves to teleport to S1.

So, while I'm dazed, I don't get a full turn; I just get a standard, move, or minor action. I'll take the minor.

Minor: Periapt of Cascading Health, removing one condition that a save can end, namely the daze.
Standard: Pain to Pleasure against Astrix. This power's a little odd, and it doesn't help that the compendium version suffers a copy/paste error, but basically I make two attacks against him, and if they both hit, they get combined into one damage roll. Well, only one hit, but did so with a crit. So Astrix takes 22+15=37 fire damage, and then 16 untyped and 8 psychic from my curse, for a total of 61 damage. And I heal 9 hp, bringing me up to 50, with 12 thp.
Move: Ethereal Sidestep to W3, retain concealment.

If Astrix hits me with a melee attack, I'll use Delban's Deadly Attention as an immediate interrupt. +17 vs Will, 1d8+12 necrotic damage (+3d8 from the curse) on a hit, and you choose whether his attack does half damage or if he takes an additional d8 from the hit.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human Warlock/Adroit Explorer 12
Initiative: +7 | Passive perception: 25 | Passive Insight: 25
AC: 24 | For: 21 | Ref: 24 | Will: 25
HP: 50/82+12 | Bloodied: 41 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 8/8
Resist: 10 fire, 5 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used | Fell Scorn: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d4+8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage
Powers: Eldritch Strike, Gift to Avernus, Hand of Blight
Hellfire and Brimstone, Cruel Bounty, Deadly Attention of Delban, Pain to Pleasure, Sorcerer-King's Decree
Malicious Shadow, Flames of the Smoking Crown, Curse of Black Frost
Heroic Effort, Beguiling Tongue, Dark One's Own Luck, Ethereal Sidestep, Destined for Greatness
Incisive Dagger, Armor of Dark Majesty, Periapt of Cascading Health, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
+2 to all defenses vs Cursed enemies
Concealed

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Seraph charges the last bodyguard, but can't seem to connect the with even that clumsy foe.

OOC: Summary:
Serras is in N3, while adjacent to him enemies grant CA to all PCs, PCs gain +1 defenses.
Seraph is in Q2 at 18+83/97hp, +1 defenses(Serras), enemies have -2 to attack her(Astral Splendor).

[sblock=Actions]Move: Seraphine moves to N2, Serras moves to R3.
Minor: Virtue: Seraph spends a healing surge and gains 24 THP.
Standard: Charge to N2, Virtuous Strike, taking 6 THP damage for +6 damage: 1d20+20+1(charge)+2(CA, Serras)=25 Reflex, miss. Seraph shifts back to Q2.

[sblock=Seraph's Statblock]Seraph, Female Human Blackguard(Rogue)/Adroit Explorer 12
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 32, Fort:26, Reflex: 27, Will:29, Resist 6 Ongoing -- Speed:5
HP:18+83/97, Bloodied:48, Surge Value:24, Surges left:9/13
Initiative +8, Action Points: 0
MBA: +20 vs Ref, 1d8+14 radiant damage, +2 saves, 3 THP, enemy vulnerable 5 Radiant. RBA: Range 5/10, +10 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.
Powers: Virtuous Strike, Dread Smite x 2, Mocking Smite x 2, Virtue, Vice's Reward, Shroud of Shadow, Reactive Surge, Destined for Greatness, Sneak Attack, Second Wind, Majestic Halo, Glorious Charge, Servant of Vice, Astral Splendor
Items
: Summoned Armor, Apoli's Sun Blessing, Madstone x2, Healing Potion x2, Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2, Symbol of Scorned Fate, Apoli's Sun Blessing, Vanguard Weapon, Ring of the Radiant Storm
Notes: *Charge attacks don't provoke OAs, deal +1d6+1d8 damage, and can shift 1 after the attack *Roll radiant damage twice and take the highest *+8 damage with CA *+2 damage vs bloodied *1/round take 6 damage while have THP to deal +6 damage on next attack *+5 power bonus to next attack roll against first enemy to bloody *DR 10 TenT on AP *Save vs daze/stun at start of turn *Gain CA first round of combat

Serras, Spirit Tiger (Displacer Beast) Companion
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 29, Fort:23, Reflex: 27, Will:27 -- Speed:7
HP:48/48, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12
MBA: +17 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage and gains concealment TenT.
Notes: *Allies adjacent to Serras gain +1 defenses *Enemies adjacent to Serras grant CA[/sblock][/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=DM]
I just realized that Max received a recent magic items Gloves of Missile Deflection which would have deflected some of the archer's damage, which in turn would not have caused him to go unconscious. Max would have 11 hp left.

[sblock=Daily power: Immediate Interrupt]
Trigger: Hit by a ranged attack
Effect: Gain resist 15 against that attack. Property Max gains a +1 item bonus to AC vs all ranged weapon attacks while gloves are equipped.
[/sblock]

With your permission I'd like to use the power of the gloves, which would allow max to provide much needed healing to the group.

I know I rolled a death saving throw. But since it is still the player's turn could I be allowed to edit Max's turn?
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: @dimsdale: Sorry for the delay. I thought I had posted a reply to this three days ago, but for some reason it didn't take.

Test

I usually don't like to make retcons of this magnitude unless it is to correct an illegal move, so I'm going to say no. It makes for a lot of confusion in further posts, and sets a bad precedent for future actions.

That being said, a TPK is not in my plan, and I may produce a deus ex machina if necessary, so go all out and see what happens ;).

The whole "Test" thing is because I've been getting "30 second" rule denials lately on my first post.

Last edited:

Remove ads