[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Taat giggles in his way and returns to the group. A sun's time you have to prepare, pare, though there I can help you naught. At the Badger I can be found if needed; but it is your time now.

He waits for any other questions, then hobbles off.

OOC: You have a day for preperation or what now. Let me know plans.

"Thank you Taat. We shall do well" Vok replies, accompanying the goblin to the exit.

Returning to his allies, the half-elf says "Yes, do you have any ideas of the rules or the course layout that may help us?" to the goblin

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Returning to his allies, the half-elf says "Yes, do you have any ideas of the rules or the course layout that may help us?" to the goblin
Taat shrugs and giggles. No, course secret. No one knows its twists and gambols save the designers themselves and they are not here. Lords want secrecy, they say, fair, they say. He giggles again.

pacdidj

First Post
Suddenly remembering warforged he turns...
"Sorry, I don't think you would be very quiet at night so I didn't include you. And somebody needs to keep our paladin friend busy."

"I don't hold with setting traps Darksun. Even the elf thinks that's dishonorable!" Crush stamps his foot with a resounding clang.

"...Still, there's no sense rushing into battle without a clear idea of what you're up against. Some reconnoitering would no doubt do us good when it comes time to run the course."

Crush turns to Vok once he's done with the transaction and asks, "What say you Vaerhirmana? Shall you and I canvass the folk of Middle Dura to see what we can learn, while the others scout the racecourse?"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Has anyone been discussing setting traps around Vok? Just curious, it didn't seem like it, but want to make sure.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Has anyone been discussing setting traps around Vok? Just curious, it didn't seem like it, but want to make sure.[/sblock]

[sblock="ooc"]Don't think so. I think all that conversation took place while he was at the counter paying our entry fee.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Crush turns to Vok once he's done with the transaction and asks, "What say you Vaerhirmana? Shall you and I canvass the folk of Middle Dura to see what we can learn, while the others scout the racecourse?"
[/COLOR]

"Aye, that sounds like an excellent idea. Let's go ask around a bit" the half-elf replies

[sblock=ooc]
Just wanted to confirm. That's what I thought[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]So right now, the plan seems to be:
- Vok & Crush ask around about the race.
- Bellegon tries to sabotage some areas even though the course has not been revealed.

One of these is going to be easier than the others. ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Confirmed, no one in his right mind would talk about trapping the course in front of a paladin, even with most RP limitations from 3.5ed lifted.

I was surprised by the reaction of Crush. He is warlord and soldier, I'd expect him to seize opportunity for combat advantage. :) Well...

Also, I don't think Bellegon used his family name as you are not yet trusted...if I did, it was a mistake and I'll write it off as that is common translation of his family name :p

PLAN RECAP:
- find out as much about the race (Crush and Vok) - streetwise, diplomacy, other social skills
- case the surrounding area (Bellegon, Ryk and Rikka) - streetwise, nature, perception, stealth
[/sblock]

"For finding out we can talk to people around. For scouting I'd prefer waiting for the night to fall. That means sleeping afternoon over."

He spends some time getting to know the area, but he quickly gets confused by repeating of what he sees as same buildings and ramps. He however freightens almost to death gnome in the tower into revealing more information about the race.
Intimidate (1d20+13=31); Stealth(1d20+10=19; Perception (1d20+2=5)

Stealth roll is for staying hidden while scouting at night. Apply bonuses or penalties as you see fit from darkness. He moves with shadowwalk (concealment) when he needs to cross open area quickly.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Let us at least scout the area well enough to find this place, the Bloody Wake, so that we can get there in the morning," Rikka said as the group began to make their plans. "I can do that, and get at least some sense of the neighborhood. Let us meet once more at the Shard, perhaps at first light or nearly so, and make our way to the start in a group."

OOC: Rikka will try to scout the basic layout of the neighborhood, and will try to find the starting point. In her scouting, she will also keep an eye out for anyone who seems to be traveling in a 'team-sized' group. Insight +7= 11; Streetwise +2= 15; Perception +20= 24; Stealth +5= 11 ; rolls Roll Lookup ; pretty much a terrible set of rolls- let me know if more are needed.

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="OOC - Metavoid"]Everyone has to introduce themselves when they enter The Hanged Man, and you gave Bellegon's full name. ;) Crush always uses surnames b/c he's a gruff, military type. He's had enough of fighting dirty though, and only wants to fight the "good fight" now, so he's not too keen on traps. But, he won't have your head for it either, as a paladin might.[/sblock]

"Where to first Vaerhirmana? Shall we venture back the Badger, or ask around the streets of Middle Dura?"

Remove ads