• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

"No problem, I just passed it on the way back here. Wouldn't even know that was it if somebody didn't shout 'Let's gather at Bloody Wake!'"

Streetwise (1d20+6=24)

OOC: sorry, stonegod, kind of assumed this will find it...PM me and I'll edit if this is incorrect

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Bloody Wake, as Bellegon soon finds, is an upscale tavern/inn within the district so named as it is a tower partially in the shape of a ship. Actually, its a tower with a ship sticking out of it. Not at ground level either; roughly six stories from the local walk.

The Wake is doing a busy custom tonight, easily seen when entering. A cosmopolitan bunch is staying there with goblioids, humans, elves, warforged, shifters, and such all relaxing. Vok manages to get the tavern-keepers attention, who quickly informs him that rooms are all taken by race competitors; he does recommend another inn not too far away.

[Rest now or try to mingle?]

On Puget Sound

First Post
I'm not very social, and I think it might be better for the other teams not to get a good look at Spring; he could be a handy surprise. I'll go to the other inn and reserve us a room (before that one fills up too), then settle down for the night. The rest of you can stay here a while or come with me as you wish.

pacdidj

First Post
"I don't have much use for beds friends. I might try to mingle here and see what I can ferret out. Then I'll join you at whatever inn we decide on, and keep watch. You never know what schemes the competition might try, even before the race has begun..."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Predators and prey may both drink from the same watering hole- but not at the same time," Rikka said softly as she scanned the room. "I'll go to the other inn and rest as well- then I'll make my way back here by sunrise and watch the events begin..."

OOC: Rikka will head off to the other inn as well, with the intent of going to sleep early, waking before dawn, then heading back here.

renau1g

First Post
"I don't have much use for beds friends. I might try to mingle here and see what I can ferret out. Then I'll join you at whatever inn we decide on, and keep watch. You never know what schemes the competition might try, even before the race has begun..."

"Well it wouldn't be wise to leave one of us out on their own, the other racers might try to take advantage of that and hamper our team. I'll stay with you Crush, perhaps we can find out some useful tidbits about the others" Vok comments.

"I'll stay within sight you, unless you, Vok, want to go and rest. I don't require much sleep, I'll stay with Crush."

If Vok stays, Bellegon mingles with other patrons, those he feels most comfortable, namely, other drow, duergar, kuotoa, occasional hobgoblin or gnoll. He keeps in sight of the pair.

If Vok goes, he stays with Crush.

renau1g

First Post
"I'd still like to come, I have a way with people. Well, at least that's what I've been told, although of late my words seem to ring false" Vok says

[sblock=ooc]
He's referring to all those terrible rolls for his social skills...

Vok will go, so it appears Vok, Crush, and Bellegon will go mingle[/sblock]

Remove ads