• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Can't Wait :)

P.S. Should we ask Evo to be the judge on this with Kal's MIA?

BTW: I don't have an iPad, check out the vid from my sig. It starts off exactly like me and my best friend (I'm not the guy wanting the iPad)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40AthIcKMbE]YouTube - Jake and Amir: iPad[/ame] [/sblock]

OOC: I may be slow in posting and erratic in schedule for next about six weeks. I'm renovating the house so my workroom becomes child's room and in the workplace it's my turn to babysit tourists on tours (until now I sat at the reception desk). DM, if you want to NPC Bellegon, use all powers as you see fit.

In general, curse as many as possible, build aura with first few bloodings via bloodcurse rod then blast away with cursebite with added damage from darkspiral rod and talon amulet. Once everyone is cursed drop bloodcurse rod, draw dagger and go challenge people to trigger aura (when it's at least three, or two if somebody needs help)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
After a wait while the other teams finish, the organizers gather the remaining teams at a large square in the middle of a tower made to look like a crashing rockfall. Onlookers from the "rockfall" look down on the gathered as the eldery lord take stage once again.

We have seen flight! We have seen stealth! We have seen valor in combat! And now, for the last. For though he held the garrison for two days, Lord ir'Haran could not hold it forever. On the last night, he and his team lead a running battle through the streets, the the Brey where they made their escape. So it will be here! A battle... to the finish!

The groups were lined up at the start, each to be let out staged by rank order. The destination, looming in the distance, the Hollow Tower. The Horns Apex were off first, running and then quickly teleporting out of site. But soon after, the Five Winds!

The race is on!

The Race to the Finish: Catching the Horns

The first part of this skill challenge requires the group of catch up or bypass the Horns.

Primary Skills

Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance Run, jump, and tough it out on foot.

Streetwise Determine the best route, find a short-cut.

Secondary Skills

Arcana Trace the flow of the Orien's magic to try to determine where they are going. Usable only once per "round".

Perception Try to catch glimpse of the other team. Usable once per "round".

Other skills may be used as secondary if a good RP justification is made, but only once.

Watching after teleporting nobles, drow allows his innate magical sensitivity to manifest and he takes extended look over the area.

"They teleported that way. Ryk, don't go too far!"

Arcana (1d20+10=20)

OOC: next round streetwise shortcut if someone wants to take Arcana

renau1g

First Post
Vok hurries after Ryk, although his plate slows him down, the half-elf looks around for traces of the other team, aided by the drow's efforts and is sure he catches a glimpse of The Horns Apex.

"We can catch them if we hurry!" Vok calls out, taking off in the direction he spotted them

[sblock=ooc]
perception (1d20+8=24) [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Keep up the pace friends! We don't want them getting a-," Crush begins to shout. But his focus on leaderly exhortations causes him to miss a loose flagstone that sends him pitching forward onto the street with a loud *CLANG*.

[sblock=roll]Endurance (1d20+10=15)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Race to the Finish: Catching the Horns

Ryk and Spring dash forward, quickly outpacing the other groups and clearing a path for his teammates. Bellegon, taking a moment, yells to correct his direction based upon the traces of magic, while Vok catches a glimpse of one of their light-blue cloaks across a wide-open square. He is almost fast enough to warn Crush about the blockage in front of the warforged, but not quite—Crush smashes into the collection of fruit and vegetables hard.

Status
Successes: 1/4; Failures: 1/3; +2 to the next roll (one +2 used for Crush, not enough)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka surged forward with uncanny speed, blurring from elven form into her feline shape as she leapt. For now she relied solely on speed, trusting to the superior balance of her four-footed shape on the slick cobblestones.

[sblock= OOC] Acrobatics 1d20+10= 16 (+2 bonus from previous characters checks= 18, maybe a success?); roll Roll Lookup . If there is any mechanic to allow for any bonus due to actual movement rates, Rikka will use her Utility/daily power, raising her speed to 12 while in beast form. [/sblock]]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads