[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
"Ha! You're right, we could easily best these sops with our hands tied behind our backs, I'm going to make sure we celebrate your defeat and everyone knows about it" Vok calls out

[sblock=ooc]
intimidate (1d20+12=17) gods... Vok really, really is an anchor with these challenges... sorry guys [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Race to the Finish: Battle in the Streets

Rikka bounds ahead, startling her chasers enough to let the others catch up. Bellegon, Crush, and Vok pause to let the others go ahead, each in turn attempting to keep the Horns back. Two of the Horns, less experienced, perhaps, almost blanch at the dark-elf's threat, but a smack in the head from the "winker" get the back on track. However, Crush's shout seems to strike a nerve with their leader, who holds up a moment, causing the "winker" to crash into him and stumble. He turns to the warforged, as if to say something.

And then Vok opened his mouth.

Fury vanished into a smile, then a chuckle. Cheating only matters to those that do not win. With that, he cuts a hole in the sky, and the others leap ahead, beyond even Rikka's reach. All is left now is to catch them before it is too late.

[Rikka succeeds. Bellegon fails (barely), Crush succeeds (don't spend the power as it will be moot), and Vok fails. Delaying challenge is complete. 1 More success or failure needed in the catch challenge.]

Status
Catch the Horns: Successes: 4/4; Failures: 2/3; Success

Outrace the Horns: Successes 5/6; Failures: 1/3
Delay the Horns: Success: 4/6; Failures: 3/3; Fail

Arcana (1d120+10=93)
heh, good roll :)

Arcana aid another(1d20+10=12)

"They went that way! Let's get them!"shouts Bellegon running through the closing rift and feeling the threads of magic fading into the distance.

OOC: Bellegon is not good with physical skills, but may help :)
I would teleport with them as I threatened. If it is possible, just say the word, stonegod and there will be 5 vs. 1 delay on the other side. I would outnumber them 2 to 1 :p

I'm a bit confused on target DCs, I believe I succeeded last challenge with 17 and now 18 fails? What gives?

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk leaps over Bellegon and straight into the swirling energies left behind as the rival team disappears. Perhaps he is carried along a ways by the leftover magic, or perhaps he is simply so determined to catch them that he doesn't feel his feet hitting the ground as he runs.

Athletics: 21

Remove ads