• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

On Puget Sound

First Post
Satisfied with the confusion caused by his thrown boomerang, Ryk focuses on catching up. He scrambles nimbly up a pile of rubble, jumps up to catch a canvas awning, flips onto the roof and runs across it, and drops down into an alley where he will have a good shot at the rival team as they pass. Meanwhile Spring runs along behind the Horn's Apex looking fearsome, to keep them from noticing that Ryk has gotten ahead of them.

Athletics 26

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka continued to scamper through the twisted streets and alleys- as before she moved with uncanny speed, and it was only the stability of her four-legged form which allowed her to keep her balance...

OOC:
>Outrace the Horns (round 2): Acrobatics 1d20+10= 21; roll Roll Lookup

pacdidj

First Post
"Keep up the pace friends!," Crush implores, "We won't catch the teleporting scoundrels without a firm resolve."

The warforged races ahead, setting a swift but steady pace, as he careens along the streets in the wake of team Horn's Apex.

[sblock="Outrace the Horns"]Endurance (1d20+10=28)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Race to the Finish: Battle in the Streets

The group continues to push forward, neck and neck with the Horns. Ryk and Spring flank the Horns, preparing the way while Crush shoves through some crates outside a street café blocking the group's path. While the vendor shouts at them, the animalistic Rikka manages to scramble over some of the many clotheslines to the top, allowing her a good view towards the arena! Darting that way, Bellegon catches a quick glimpse of a sign marker and quickly shouts that he has seen this place before...

[All successed; Bellegon has aided the next Streetwise roll. Vok is up. No one post before I've resolved Vok's action plz.]

Status
Catch the Horns: Successes: 4/4; Failures: 2/3

Outrace the Horns: Successes 4/6; Failures: 1/3
Delay the Horns: Success: 3/6; Failures: 0/3

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Race to the Finish: Battle in the Streets

Vok half-remembers something overheard about some construction down what he thinks is a nearby alley. Convinced the group could used it as a bottleneck to slow the Horns down by nocking the materials over, he waves everyone his way... only to discover the alley clear, the construction apparently happening next week. As the Horns teleport to the end of the alley, one of them winks as if to say "thanks for the shortcut!" and rallies on!

[Streetwise is a Outrace check, though it could be used once as a delay. However, that check is not good enough.]

Status
Catch the Horns: Successes: 4/4; Failures: 2/3

Outrace the Horns: Successes 4/6; Failures: 1/3
Delay the Horns: Success: 3/6; Failures: 1/3

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka surged forward, through the narrow confines of the 'shortcut'. She bounced from wall to wall, moving with unbelievable agility and speed- the Horn who lingered for his mocking salute was nearly bowled over as Rikka's mountain leopard form passed over his head in one long leap...

OOC:
>Acrobatics check (Outrace round 3), 1d20+10=27; roll Roll Lookup

Bellegon runs by the ducking Horn, on the heels of panther jumping over and glares at the Horns near by.

"I don't like loosing to bunch of surface cheeters. Shadows will come at night and devour your soul if you teleport again!"

With this, drow voice grows cold and monotone as he drapes himself in shadows and runs on.
"I warned you once, there will be no more warnings."

Intimidate (1d20+13=18)
OOC: Phew, even with my highest roll it's barely enough

pacdidj

First Post
Still keeping up his swift and steady pace, Crush bellows: "The dark elf is right! You're nothing without your magical trinkets. What honor could you possibly hope to win through such cowardly, witless tactics? You'll go down in history as thieves who stole a victory from the truly deserving, you yellow-bellied, cheating dogs!"

[sblock="Delay the Horns"]Intimidate Check (1d20+16=30)

Also, if possible I'd like to use this check in conjunction with Crush's Inspired Belligerence encounter power to grant combat advantage to anyone making an attack against the Horns this round. I know they're not granting combat advantage to anyone since we're not in combat per-say, but thought since the flavor text of the power matches so well for what we're trying to do, it'd be worth a shot.[/sblock]

Remove ads