[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Vok moves up the ramp back to the Orien, his blade glowing with energy. "YOU....BASTARD! First your house cheats and sullies the honor of this event, and then you cowardly attempt to kill my ally. I shall not stand for this anymore." Vok pronounces, his blade slams into the Orien, although the half-elf still follows the rules and uses the flat of his blade on the foe. The area is filled with white light and Ryk is pulled back from the darkness.

[sblock=ooc]
*Any damage that may finish the OPPONENTS will be non-lethal
Minor:
Move: to B8
Standard: Invigorating Smite on Orien vs will; dmg (1d20+11=27, 2d8+8=21) hits for 21 and all bloodied allies within 5 regain 6 hp (which includes Ryk). I believe that drops the Orien right?

[/sblock]

[sblock= stat block]
Vok Vaerhirmana—Male Half-Elf Paladin 4 (Sovereign Host)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 24*, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 19 — Speed: 5 (in armor)
*+1 due to milestone reached
HP: 46/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 7/14
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
*Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
>Skills: Diplomacy +14, Insight +7, Intimidate +12, Perception +8, Religion +6
Powers -
Valourous Strike (at will)
Enfeebling Strike (at will)
Divine Challange (at-will)
Lay on Hands (at-will) (1/day)
Valorous Smite (encounter 1)
Invigorating Smite (encounter 3)
Guiding Strike (encounter)
Divine Mettle or Strength (encounter)
Majestic Halo (daily 1)
Bless Weapon (utility 2/daily)

LEB:pC:Vok Vaerhirmana (renau1g- ENWiki)

[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry, didn't see your post, ren, ignore the actions below, they are for roll record only

Used to power machinations and wretchedness in various power struggles, drow is still surprised that one would be so obvious in breaking the rules. His face darkens and power collects behind his eyes, but paladin cuts this short.
"You made yourself an enemy today, wretched spoiled child." is the last thing Orien hears before collapsing.

He then turns in the circle, shadows dissipating, single mote flashing toward unconciuos guard. As he stirrs warlock recites "What I have taken I return. Let there be no bad blood between combatants with honor."

[sblock=Ignore]
"Don't fall for it, knock him out! Don't give him a chance to claim WE cheated. You made yourself an enemy today, wretched spoiled child."

[sblock=Actions]
Free: drop the dagger
Minor: draw darkspiral rod and use it
Standard: Spiteful Glamor vs Will (1d20+7+2=12, 1d8+6+1+1=15, 1d6=3)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Final Stage: Platform Battle! Round 7

The livid half-elf rushes the Orien scion. He slams the pommel of his weapon into the man's bloody face, the burst of holy light knocking the scion senseless and restoring vigor to the fallen halfling. Spring immediately begins licking his face.

As the Orien crumbles, he mutters, I deserved... more!

The crowd explodes in cheers!

Final Stage: Platform Battle! End

In moments, the organizers are on the platform with some of the Deneith guardsman. Jorasco healers, with the help of the other bodyguard, lead away the fallen bodyguard, while the Deneith soldiers pick up and carry away the scion.

The older Lord ir'Haran looks flustered, quickly glad handles the group, shaking hands and patting shoulders. He turns to the audience and declares with his Cannith enhanced voice: The Winners! The Five Winds! The crowd explodes in cheers, having found its voice once again.

The group, assuming they do not resist, are lead away from the arena by some functionaries into a room to rest and recuperate. A Deneith guardsman and a gnome bearing the mark of the scriveners on her check awaits in the room, as do some bandages and beverages. The gnome, busy with some paperwork, looks up briefly and says, Your paperwork will be ready shortly. Please wait. Lord ir'Haran is not present, having left in the arena.

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
I never saw that coming. Thanks for your quick response, Vok. Ryk looks around at his comrades. We did it. We won..OWW! More softly and moving more carefully, he continues, You fight well. It was an honor to fight beside you, and I would do so again any time.

(spend both remaining healing surges to get to 24 hp - now has 0 surges remaining).

As long as any time is not before tomorrow. I need a wash, a meal and a bed like the grass needs rain.

renau1g

First Post
"Ha! You fought well too friend." Vok says as he offers a hand to help the halfling up. As they are leaving, the half-elf raises his sword in salute to the crowd and a wide smile on his face.

Once in the room, the paladin places his shield down and his leans the sword against the wall. Vok looks over their disparate group and shakes his head, "I'm sure we surprised more than a couple people. A group of strangers taking down a group from House Orien?" he says with a chuckle.

pacdidj

First Post
"Well fought indeed friends! A fat lot of good their teleporting treachery will do them now," the warforged scoffs as he sits on a bench, massaging the tender fibrous bundles under his left kneeplate.

OOC: Back in town and all caught up on the thread now. Thanks for running Crush Metavoid!

EDIT: Would give you some XP, but I've got to spread more around apparently.

OOC: TEST

Bellegon uses the time they walk toward the room to rest to quietly slip away and ask a bit around, using the fact that the crowd discusses recent events.
"What's the deal with that Orien guy? Why he thinks he deserved more and of what?"

He is too rushed to find out much and he rejoins his companions in the room, relaxing for a bit.

OOC: short rest
Streetwise (1d20+6=12)

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
CURSED: W1, W2, Scar
AURA: 2

Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 12, Darkvision
HP 40/40 Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 4/7
AC 17; Fortitude 14, Reflex 17, Will 18
0/1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor

Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire
Second Wind
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Shared Agony

Your Glorious Sacrifice

Talon amulet - minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka spoke very little as the group made their way off the field. Once they were safely 'off stage' she simply took a few drinks of water and sat down to rest...

[sblock= OOC] Presuming we get a short rest- Rikka will spend two surges to get back up to full HP. [/sblock]]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Please post your sblocks after the short rest (HP, # HS remaining, etc.).[/sblock]The group takes a moment for a breather while the gnome works on the papers. After a few minutes, she stacks them together and announces them done.

This is a standard disclaimer waiving the sponsors and organizers of this race from an indemnity steaming from activities performed hereto; you should have signed something similar already. It also authorizes the sponsors to the use of your names and likeness for promotional purposes in connection with the success of this venture. Both of these are contingent on the rewards given for your activities here. Her voice is matter-of-fact as she holds out the papers with a pen.

OOC: Just wondering, did you underestimate us, overestimate Orien's group or it was supposed to be easy and we're waiting for other shoe to drop? I mean, nobody dropped during 'normal' combat, we didn't use second winds and barely anybody was bloodied...strange and scary :p

Remove ads