[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
"Thank you all for this grand competition. Lord ir'Haran, you and your staff have outdone yourselves. This event was truly worthy of a bard's tales, and I am sure that we have done honour even for Dol Dorn with the effort everyone put on. The challenges pushed all to our limits and it was also an honour to the Brelish heroes of Aruldusk. I thank you for the opportunity. Now, a toast to Dornal!" Vok says, lifting a glass in toast to the individual they're honouring.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I'll be on travel all next week in SLC for a conference; been preping for that so thus the slow down. I'll try to post 1/d, but no promises; games I'm running may suffer for that week. Thanks![/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk Tavishny is reluctant to make a speech, but since everyone else is, he figures it is the expected thing to do.
Thank you for the opportunity to compete in this race. It was a very interesting way to see Sharn, much more fun than riding in a tour carriage. As a history lesson, it gave me a new understanding of a pivotal battle. As a workout, it helped me and my companion to sharpen our skills in a city environment. I also learned a lot about the wonderful people of Sharn. With the last sentence comes a glance at the Orien mage.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Almost done catching up with all the work I didn't get done last week and the work I didn't get done this week because of catching up. I'll need some time with the map for what is coming up next (prolly Sat), but I can set the scene now.[/sblock]There are applause at the comments, mostly polite, but some enthusiastic. There is some more handshakes, but then the group is lead to their seats near the front to enjoy their (rather fine) meal.

It is then that the guest of the hour appears. Lord Dornal ir'Haran is everything his relative isn't: Younger, fitter, more handsome, and compelling. He cuts a fine figure in his military dress (though he is retired) and his holds the podium in strong, but heavily scared, hands. His voice is strong as well.

People of Breland and the Five Nations! I want to thank you all for your attention this evening, and for this celebration that has humbled me so. I would also like to give another congratulations to our winners and to all our competitors, who have given all of Sharn an event to be remembered!

The room is about to explode in applause when, unexpectedly, is explodes literally when several gouts of flame burst onto the scene, the largest concentrated on the stage. Yells of pain are everywhere, but even above the din, one yell can be heard:

Die, Brelish Dog! Die for your crimes against Cyre![sblock=Rikka]Just before the explosions, Rikka sees some of the "entertainers" take positions behind columns as if they knew what was coming. She also saw the hook-nosed Cyran stand just before the rukus started.[/sblock]
OOC: I'll need init rolls for all. Rikka is the only one not surprised. As I mentioned, map will be forthcoming.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Looks like somebody knew this was coming," Rikka growled, pointing towards where the 'entertainers' had taken cover- then she got ready to move...

[sblock= OOC] Initiative 1d20+6= 17; roll Roll Lookup [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Mmmm, this food is amazing, wow I gotta win some more tournaments" Vok thinks to himself as he moves to stuff another piece of the rather fine meal into his mouth when the explosion occurs. He drops his fork and prepares for battle.

[sblock=ooc]init (1d20+2=15)[/sblock]

Remove ads