[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]: My post meant to indicate that it is a Standard Action to weaken the flames. So, you'll have to spend an AP (assuming you have one) before moving or it'll hit you. You can modify your action based upon that info.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: The fire, like any other AoE hazard, still attacks you when you're down.

1 Lord saved, 1 Madwoman down. Now we just have to get Vok, the Lord and the rest of y'all out of immediate harm.

pathfinderq1

First Post
With the madwoman taken care of, Rikka finally seemed to realize just how close the flames were. "Ryk, drag the lord out of here before the fire spreads!"

[sblock= OOC]
>If Ryk can drag the lord out of the way, Crush can probably move Vok to safety. WE NEED TO MOVE THE LORD AT LEAST 1 SQUARE BACK, IN CASE THE FIRE SPREADS AT START OF NEXT TURN. Rikka can survive 1 round, but if the lord is adjacent to spreading fire he will die.
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
(Last turn's move should have Ryk at H13, Spring at H12)
Ryk tosses a potion bottle at Vok. Drink this, elf. then run!
Ryk and Spring both grab ir'Haran and pull him away from the burning zone.

note: I'm assuming from what I read that Vok is in fact conscious; if that is not the case, toss the potion to Rikka instead.

FREE: draw potion
STANDARD: basic ranged "attack" to toss potion bottle accurately, hopefully with the catcher's DEX as a positive modifier.
MOVE: Ryk to I13, Spring to I11, dragging the lord between them to I12
MINOR: draw another potion (3rd of 4) and hold it out, so that anyone adjacent can grab it as a free action (in square I13).

Last edited:

OOC: Yes, I'll hold off for a moment then using move action in this round to move the lord one square outwards. Next round use the actions above (always the edge of the fire even if it spreads, Bellegon won't sacrifice himself for an elf) and as far as Bellegon is concerned, end the encounter :p

pacdidj

First Post
Crush is blasted by a gout of flames, as his steel hands clamp down on Vok's ankles and he drags the half-elf out of the fire.

[sblock=Crush actions and stats]Start = fire attack = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2860543/crit! (ouch) for 13 damage

Minor = grab Vok's feet

Double Move = to I11

[sblock=statblock]Crush—Male Warforged Warlord 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, Fort: 17, Reflex: 13, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 10/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
:bmelee:Vengeful Longsword +1: +10 vs. AC, 1d8+5 dmg
:branged:Distance Handaxe +1: +9 vs. AC, 1d6+5 dmg
Powers -
Furious Smash
Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Strike
Myrmidon Formation
Inspired Belligerence
Fearless Rescue
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word
Warforged Resolve

Adamant's Unshakable Stance
Vengeful Longsword +1
Veteran's Chainmail +2
Razor Light Shield
Distance Handaxe +1

Important Effects for Allied Characters:
* Any ally who can see Crush regains 6 HP when they spend an action point, and may roll a saving throw with a +2 bonus
* Each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear Crush gets +2 to initiative[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Assassination! Round 14

Bellegon stabs the assassin one final time. She cries out in frustration and then pain as she is forced back. The smell of human flesh is redolent.

The group stabilizes the Lord's serious wounds and manage to drag him and Vok away from the flames. But the fire continues to grow, threatening the group as they try to escape!

[Fire expands everywhere. Rikka, Bellegon, & Vok will be subject to fire attacks. I'll let Ryk keep his potion.]

Assassination! Round 15
[sblock=Maps]
attachment.php

There are stairs to get up to the stage (which is 5' up). The line indicates a higher level in the back that is difficult terrain to get up. Pillars provide cover for those next to them; you cannot move through tables. Red areas are on fire; starting in or adjacent at beginning of turn, or moving through means you are subject to an attack: +9 vs Ref, 1d8+5 fire damage[/sblock]
Status

Bellegon: 6/45; 4 charges, bloodied, 2 HS used, Second Wind
Rikka: 18/40; Thorn Spray used
Vok 12/51; bloodied, Second Wind used, -3 HS, Failed 1 death save
Ryk 13/38, bloodied
Spring 6/46, bloodied
Crush: 10/41; Bloodied, Warlord's strike used, Myrmidon Formation used, 2 IW used, Vengeful Longsword used
Lord ir'Haran: -67/136; stable, 2 failed death saves.

Attachments

• Award14.jpg
    Award14.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk and Spring haul the unconscious ir'Haran up over the lip of the amphitheatre. Ryk glances out into the street for any signs of help - surely in a city this big, a plume of smoke won't be ignored for long, and escaped spectators must have spread the word of trouble by now.

Seeing his comrades struggling to get out of the flames, the hunter remembers a trick his people used on the plains. Pulling his rope from its clip on his battle harness, he ties a loop in it. Whirling the lasso over his head, Ryk watches his friends, ready to snare and pull out anyone who falls.

MOVE: Ryk to J13, lord to J12, Spring to J11 - hauling ir'Haran over the difficult terrain hump.
FREE (battle harness): draw rope
MINOR: tie lasso knot
STANDARD: ready action to lasso Bellegon or Vok if they are hit by the flame, before they fall to the ground. If they are both missed but Rikka is hit, lasso Rikka. (Rikka has more hp and still has a second wind).

pacdidj

First Post
Crush scans the room for any likely exit.

OOC: Any doors, windows, etc. within sight? Crush's passive perception is 12

Remove ads