[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Vok looks the group over and returns his gaze to the goblin, "Well, we've spoken and decided to call ourselves the Five Winds, in honour of our speed and five homelands" the half-elf replies proudly, clearly satisfied with the name.

pacdidj

First Post
Crush eyes the goblin skeptically, "Aye, we'll be competing as The Five Winds. Are you proposing to sponsor us then, Master, um..." Crush's voice trails off into a barely audible hum. He quickly reexamines his conversational tactics, and decides on a diplomatic approach.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your name, sir. I am Crush," says the warforged, extending a steel hand to greet the goblin.

pacdidj

First Post
Taat, the goblin repeats, Vok having introduced him earlier.

"Right, ahem," Crush grumbles, having apparently been caught not paying attention to the conversation. "And to what do we owe your generosity Master Taat? I mean to say, what is your interest in possibly sponsoring a team in this race, one you've only just now met?"

[sblock="Insight Check"]1d20+2=4

Guess Crush won't learn anything more than the goblin is willing to volunteer, but others might want to attend closely to his reply[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Right, ahem," Crush grumbles, having apparently been caught not paying attention to the conversation. "And to what do we owe your generosity Master Taat? I mean to say, what is your interest in possibly sponsoring a team in this race, one you've only just now met?"
Taat bows to the much larger warforged. To you, it seems sudden, sudden. But the signs have been there for any to see. Gambling is an art best practiced by those who read fate. His small laugh is shrill.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As Vok returned with their prospective sponsor, Rikka paused for just a moment on the steps before she followed them inside. Her eyes swept the street and the tavern they had left, looking for anyone who might be following the goblin, or anyone nearby who seemed unduly interested.
[sblock= OOC] Active Perception, on the street scene= 25; roll Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Once she was done with that, Rikka followed them inside, careful not to get too close to the goblin. He smelled wrong, moved wrong, something... She stopped just inside the doorway, standing wary and ready. When the goblin's appraising look reached her, she gave a thin, confident smile, revealing fangs more suited to a shifter than an elf- but she did not speak. She kept her attention focused on the goblin, both trying to get a sense of his mind, and trying to determine just what it was about him that seemed off...

[sblock= More OOC] Inside, an Insight check (24) and another active Perception check (30), both focused on Taat; rolls Roll Lookup [/sblock]

As soon as Taat turns his back on Rikka small shadow slips inside keeping behind the goblin and in cover of his bigger companions if possible. He stands in the shadows and melds into them his outline barely visible even to Rikka.

Stealth (1d20+9=27)

[sblock=If/when he notices there are only four and not five]
and he asks a "I don't see your fifth companion. I believe you mentioned drow?, voice in cold whisper answers:
"That's because you're looking in the wrong direction." as he ethereal steps adjacent to the goblin with silent swish of the robes.
Intimidate (1d20+13=25)

:) I realize this may not trigger, but is fun. And striking fear in potential employer may not be smartest move, but still it's fun :cool:
[/sblock]

EDIT: use ethereal step if there is no other way to get behind the goblin from outside - stealth remains

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC/Stealth]Stealth only works so long as you maintain cover or concealment, and allies to provide either post errata. You can get stealth before you enter the room but not once you enter it (so you will loose it). However, you get to take your stealth action before you loose it.[/sblock]As the group eyes Taat, the drow appears without warning behind the goblin. He looms to his full height, almost pulling the shadows to him. It is obvious his tone should be frightening—the gnome paperpusher suddenly blanches—but before Bellegon can open his mouth, Taat giggles. He does not turn as he speaks.

Good trick, that, that. Wondering when you show. Not many of your kind in Sharn, Sharn, and this one already name you. Good you not actually drink at Badger; bad booze, booze.

Rikka had seen no one follow Bellegon or the pair now before her. As she looked at Taat's answer to Crush and his response to Bellegon's theatrics, she noticed something.[sblock=Rikka's Insight or Insight 24]Taat seems truthful in his interest to support the party, but has other interests in play she can't quite place. He seems to strongly believe his assertion that 'signs' directed him to hire the group. He is amused but not frightened by Bellgon.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Crush

To you, it seems sudden, sudden. But the signs have been there for any to see. Gambling is an art best practiced by those who read fate.

"Just what do you mean by signs master Taat? Do you mean to say that you are some kind of seer or fortuneteller? That you foresaw our request for your patronage somehow?"

[sblock=Thatrics]Well, I meant to go behind him as a way of 'maintaining' stealth. Obviously, once he turns there would be no hiding, but remaining unnoticed as long as possible was the name of the game.

He must be fairly high level to maintain such composure within the group.
[/sblock]

"You are one of the stargazers." Bellegon says with certainty, stepping back to polite distance "My name is Bellegon. Your composure is admirable. I will win this race for you with other four Winds."

Remove ads