[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Slight Delay]My MacBook is jealous of the iPad, apparently, and gave up the ghost. Its the one with all my game files on it. Hope to get it fsck'ed today; I'll keep you posted.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
he was destined to be eaten....

Spring rubs his muzzle against Crush's hand, then looks at him curiously.

"Truly, your father did a noble deed by sparing him such a fate. It makes perfect sense that he refused service as a beast of burden. He's got a warrior's spirit this one, don't you Spring?" Crush says as he gently scratches the clawfoot's chin.

"No sentient creature should have to live simply as a tool to serve the needs of others. I know the feeling only too well."

stonegod

[sblock=Even Longer Delay]Well, my laptop has been shipped off to IT, so I may not see it for a month or so. This means my posting will be very spotty until I get the machine I haven't used for 2 years up to speed. Likely sometime next week.[/sblock]

Bellegon takes his drink and positions himself so that through the window he can see Rikka (and confirms that she sees him). He then leans back and observes the tavern, glancing occasionaly out like he waits for that drow woman while keeping eye on the paladin.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka continued to crouch atop the steps, watching the passers-by and scanning the unusual landscape of the neighborhood. For the time being the rain had faded to a sullen, misty drizzle, but she seemed unfazed by the weather- there were so many details to observe, and the environment was so different from what she was used to...

stonegod

Elsewhere in the City, things moves as they would. Nothing of note in a city of thieves and murders.

Backroom[sblock=Backroom]The goblin folds his arms beneath his voluminous clothes, making it seem even bulkier. Must see, see them. See them for self. Are interested, but must know for sure, sure. Bring them to the shadows or take us to the light, neither matters, matter.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Backroom[sblock=Backroom]The goblin folds his arms beneath his voluminous clothes, making it seem even bulkier. Must see, see them. See them for self. Are interested, but must know for sure, sure. Bring them to the shadows or take us to the light, neither matters, matter.[/sblock]

[sblock=Backroom]
"Very well, if you come with me, we shall go outside. Too many to bring all in here, might be crowded. Come, follow me." Vok declares confidently, offering to lead the man to the street
[/sblock]

If paladin takes the goblin outside, Bellegon tries to catch his eye and (hm, nods left-right as in NO sign, I don't know proper expression in english) shakes his head trying to convey not to give him away.

He will then follow from around 20 feet behind and to the side.

Last edited:

stonegod

[sblock=Backroom]Taat stands, folding his arms beneath his bulky clothing and follows the half-elf out.[/sblock]Vok emerges from the backroom and spies Bellegon leaning against the bar. The drow makes a motion that Vok recognizes and leads the stranger out of the smoky bar into the sun-light. Afterwards, the drow discretely follows.

Rikka sees Vok emerge from the Badger, leading a small bundled form. As they approach, she is somewhat taken aback by the little one's appearance. Vok nods as he takes the steps and enters the building. The small form regards Rikka a moment with his watery eyes, then enters. Rikka sees Bellegon following at a distance, then shrugs and enters.

Soon, everyone is gathered again the offices of Master Ballard. Vok introduces Taat, the squat form beside him. Taat is likely the fattest goblin any of you have seen, and the rest of his appearance does not foster confidence. His clothes have seen much better days, a bulky set of several cloaks that hide his arms. His face looks waxy, as if partially melted, and he wears a heavy scarf or similar over what is probably a wide mouth. It moves now to suggest something of a smile. [sblock=Vok]The goblin does seem very eager now that he has seen the group.[/sblock][sblock=Bellegon]Something about this goblin gives you a cold tingle, a touch to the magic that you serve. It is almost like an echo when you are near Taat, a whisper you can almost hear but not make out. It is comforting and disturbing all at once.[/sblock][sblock=Crush]You note the goblin, while appearing unarmed, could hide several weapons beneath those layers. Wouldn't be easy to retrieve them, though.[/sblock][sblock=Rikka]The shiver Rikka felt earlier intensifies this close to Taat. The goblin's melted features give the druid a feeling of wrongness she can't place. Taat is not hostile, but the sense nags her anyway.[/sblock][sblock=Ryk]Spring seems a little anxious near the goblin. Likely doesn't care for his smell; the lizard hasn't encountered too many goblinoids.[/sblock]When Taat speaks, his voice is deeper than excected, and somewhat hoarse. Ah, the ones the elven-kin spoke of. To race, race, hmm? He peers at each one of you with an apraising glance, the strange wateriness a bit off-putting. The signs seem right, yes, yes. A group of five, none from the same land, but together in purpose. Hmm. A hand appears from underneath his garments and rubs what is likely his chin; from where he rubs it under the scarf, it enforces the goblin's obesity. And what will you be called, who shall run the Winds, Winds?

Remove ads