[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Vok thanks the dwarves as he enters the Shoddy Badger, he stands in the doorway, looking over the patrons.

"Hail friends. I'm looking for Taat, and am willing to give two galifars to the first one who can point me in his direction" the paladin says loudly and confidently.

Drow moves behind paladin following him descreet distance away, just in case.

[sblock=DM]
if needed please roll stealth or other skills as you think is needed. Ideally, Vok will not even know Bellegon followed (if there was a chance to slip by while he was talking to dwarves - if needed Bellegon can Ethereal step 3 squares to hide without passing distance between.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Outside the Badger

The drow exits the building and uses an opportunity to blend in away from Vok's eyes, who is none the wiser. [Stealth 27 vs. passive Perception succeeds] The warlock has to keep back from the Badger as the paladin is in the doorway, however.

Inside the Badger

The barkeep eyes Vok disapprovingly, but nods towards one of the back rooms. One of the drunks slurs Freak back there, *hic*. Pay up, pointy!

pathfinderq1

First Post
"And who thinks that THAT is not going to turn out for the better?," Rikka purred, once the drow had followed Vok out of the building. She glanced around the room once more, then moved for the door as well. "I'm going to just wait outside..."

And with that, she stepped out of the front door and surveyed the street. There was the drow, and there was the paladin, just stepping into a tavern down the way, and there were the dwarves who had left but a moment ago. She took another, more careful look around the area, then settled down to watch and wait...

[sblock= OOC] Rikka will step out the front door, and give a careful look around the area- looking for any interesting details, I suppose. Then she will settle somewhere nearby to wait- if the building she just left has some front steps, that will so. Or a convenient bench, or some similar perch... She would like to have a line of sight to the door of the tavern that Vok entered, and to the building she just left. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Inside the Badger

The barkeep eyes Vok disapprovingly, but nods towards one of the back rooms. One of the drunks slurs Freak back there, *hic*. Pay up, pointy!

"Very well, I am a man of my word. However if I find that you aren't telling the truth, you will see a different side of me" Vok promises, as he fishes out a pair of coins and drops them on the table as he continues to the back room that the man nodded to.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[You guys are going to form a conga line, aren't you? And Rikka's Passive Perception is insane!]

Outside

Rikka takes a seat on the steps going to the booker's place of work. She causually observed Vok enter a building across a bridge and a tower down. A dark form carefully follows, but her eye picks out the drow.

Inside the Badger

Vok heads towards the back room. After a moment, Bellegon looks in, and noting Vok's back turned as he nears the back, ducks behind a covering wall. He cannot go any closer without exposing himself, and soon Vok enters another room.

The Backroom

Vok crosses the dim main room and enters an even dimmer backroom.[sblock=Vok]Sitting at a table, apparently playing with a deck of playing cards mixed with betting chits, its probably the fattest goblin you have ever seen. His clothes have seen much better days, a bulky set of several cloaks that hide his arms when they are not moving cards. His face looks waxy, as if partially melted, and he wears a heavy scarf or similar over what is probably a wide mouth. As Vok enters, the goblin deftly turns over a new card—an inverted tower—and then turns his watery gaze to the paladin.

What is this, this? Friend, friend? The muffled voice is scratchy and deep for a goblin. He talks fast. Business for Taat? Maybe Race? Race![/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Still in the waiting room, Crush passes the time waiting for Vok to return by perusing the community cork board, and humming a Cyran military march under his "breath". His eyes scan about for any fliers posted about the upcoming race, or any other happenings in Harrith's Folly or the nearby vicinity.

Bellegon notes Rikka, waits for Vok to walk further into the tavern toward back door and steps in, leaving the door open. He walks toward bartender as if he'll make an order.

[sblock=Actions]walking silently is less important now Vok is in the tavern. He's back is turned so I don't need cover until he turns. Only thing is, I want to avoid someone calling out on me, so I'm heading toward barkeep. I don't think anyone would connect elf and drow that entered separately, even if there is not as deep animosity between the two in Eberron as in FR
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Vok]Sitting at a table, apparently playing with a deck of playing cards mixed with betting chits, its probably the fattest goblin you have ever seen. His clothes have seen much better days, a bulky set of several cloaks that hide his arms when they are not moving cards. His face looks waxy, as if partially melted, and he wears a heavy scarf or similar over what is probably a wide mouth. As Vok enters, the goblin deftly turns over a new card—an inverted tower—and then turns his watery gaze to the paladin.

What is this, this? Friend, friend? The muffled voice is scratchy and deep for a goblin. He talks fast. Business for Taat? Maybe Race? Race![/sblock]

[sblock=Backroom]
"Aye, I heard a rumour you might like to sponsor a team in the race? My friends and I want in, but heard that it's cheaper to have a sponsor." the paladin says directly. "What kind of cards you got there?" he adds[/sblock]

Remove ads