[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
In the Badger

Belegon catches the tender's attention. He looks at the drow, waiting for him to say something.

The Backroom

The drow notes that nothing has exploded yet. Probably a good sign for Vok.[sblock=Backroom]Taat shrugs at the cards, an exaggerated gesture with his heavy layers. Cards to play, play. Fates and fortune and folly, like money and fools. He touches some of the betting chits with a black fingernail. We are interested in the Race, Race. The Horn twists and turns, and at the heart are many branches, branches. The scarf twists as if hiding a smile. He looks intently at Vok a moment with his watery eyes. So, who is this team? We do not spend our monies on unknowns. Most know more than holy half-elf.[/sblock]

"I'm looking for a drow, maybe in the group with hobgoblin and two kobold attendants. Did you maybe see her? She came for the race and we were supposed to meet overthere at the tower." Bellegon waves in general direction of race clerks.

He offers several silvers, at least double what his drink (he thinks) would cost

Once he gets a negative
"Very well, give me seat so I can look there and some good wine. I'll wait shortly."

renau1g

First Post
The Backroom

[sblock=Backroom]Taat shrugs at the cards, an exaggerated gesture with his heavy layers. Cards to play, play. Fates and fortune and folly, like money and fools. He touches some of the betting chits with a black fingernail. We are interested in the Race, Race. The Horn twists and turns, and at the heart are many branches, branches. The scarf twists as if hiding a smile. He looks intently at Vok a moment with his watery eyes. So, who is this team? We do not spend our monies on unknowns. Most know more than holy half-elf.[/sblock]

[sblock=Backroom]
"Well, there is myself, Vok Vaerhirmana, champion of the Host. Bellegon Darksun, a drow with the gift of magic. Crush, a warforged former Last War fighter. Rikka Quickpounce, an elf who in tune with nature, and finally, Ryk Tavishny. He's a little guy, but he's got a clawfoot as a friend." Vok replies.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the delay, I've been with my son in the hospital, he's got pneumonia [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Thanks. He's getting the last of the IV treatments this afternoon. He's doing much better. Now I'm just worried he might have given it to his twin brother... oh dear[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Not finding anything of interest on the community bulletin, Crush soon grows bored standing around in the waiting room. He clomps back over to where Ryk and Spring are standing, and briefly eyes the dinosaur.

"Tell me master halfling... Tavishny is it? How did you come to befriend this creature... you say it's a clawfoot?"

"I don't get on that well with many animals, must be something about the way I smell. But this one seems more level-headed than most. I wonder if he'll let me pet him..."

Crush holds out a steel hand for Spring to smell, in as nonthreatening a manner as possible.

On Puget Sound

First Post
He's been introduced to you; he should be fine. As a boy I worked with our herds of fastieths and clawfoots, and I was there when Spring's egg hatched. His type is one we ride, but as he grew up it was clear he would not train to saddle, so he was destined to be eaten. Despite his unwillingness to be ridden, he was quite intelligent and seemed to like me. I begged my father to do something, and he traded four sheep for him. It was an absurdly low price, but no one thought he was worth anything. I trained him as a hunting companion and later as a war beast.

He still doesn't like being ridden, and won't tolerate it for a second from anyone else, but he has let me sit on his back briefly a time or two.

Spring rubs his muzzle against Crush's hand, then looks at him curiously.

Remove ads